Dylan Windler

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Dylan Windler 

Post#1 » by 916fan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:00 pm

6'8 200lb SF senior out of Belmont. Haven't seen his name talked about at all, but he's a legitimate NBA prospect for this upcoming draft.

Here's his stats for the year:
33mins: 20.8pts 10.5rebs 2.5asts 1.5stls 0.8blks 2.2tos

Shooting splits:
53.7/40.9/82.5

Physical profile:
-Good height for the wing
-Average length
-Average athleticism
-Above average lateral quickness
-Lacks strength

Positives:
-3pt shooting ability
-Off ball movement
-Average ball handling for size
-Can play above the rim
-Rebounding ability(crashes the boards on both ends)
-Solid defender, shows potential on the defensive end against smaller guards
-Solid IQ

Negatives:
-Lacks physicality on both ends
-Lack of an in-between game
-Despite solid IQ, not much of a playmaker
-Struggles against better competition (had 2 of his worst games against UCLA(won) and Purdue (lost). Belmont is 20-4 for the season)

He's got the size and adequate athleticism to be an NBA player. I think he could be a good 3&D player in the NBA once he gets stronger. I have a 1st round grade on him.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Re: Dylan Windler 

Post#2 » by PLO » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:38 pm

He hasn't performed against legit competition, likely because of his lack of athleticism. Nice write up, though.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#3 » by GimmeDat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:31 am

I don't think he'll crack the top 45 because it's pretty deep, but he's a highly skilled and productive player with good size, I could see him finding a role in the NBA.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#4 » by mattg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 pm

I don’t see it at all. He really really struggles against athleticism, even Murray state’s athletic ability bothered the hell out of him and he overall competition he plays is atrocious. I don’t think he has a position to guard in the nba, don’t think he can hang on the perimeter and he absolutely cannot guard 4s (or anybody in the paint where he gets rag dolled).

I will say that his highlight mix makes him look substantially better than watching his full games IMO.

Where do you play him in the nba? I don’t think he has the ball handling or burst to drive even with the threat of his shot. Maybe in a few years after bouncing around the G league or Europe he can carve out a spot but I just don’t see it right now.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#5 » by doordoor123 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:27 pm

mattg wrote:I don’t see it at all. He really really struggles against athleticism, even Murray state’s athletic ability bothered the hell out of him and he overall competition he plays is atrocious. I don’t think he has a position to guard in the nba, don’t think he can hang on the perimeter and he absolutely cannot guard 4s (or anybody in the paint where he gets rag dolled).

I will say that his highlight mix makes him look substantially better than watching his full games IMO.

Where do you play him in the nba? I don’t think he has the ball handling or burst to drive even with the threat of his shot. Maybe in a few years after bouncing around the G league or Europe he can carve out a spot but I just don’t see it right now.

He’s a stretch 4 in the NBA, but I personally don’t see him getting drafted. He can beat mismatches on offense.

Return to NBA Draft