Bol Bol

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,978
And1: 47,727
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#601 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:46 pm

we've already had multiple examples of Bol defending in space in the NBA, albeit 'not real games' but to act like he can't do it on any level is counter reality at this point
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,500
And1: 81
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#602 » by TB » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:12 pm

All Bol has to do to defend in space is raise his arms. I think he can handle that.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 4,979
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#603 » by King Ken » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 pm

I believe he has a chance to be an all star one day if he can stay healthy enough. He's just too unique and talented. He's not MPJ, he does a lot more to fill up the stat sheet
BlazersBroncos
Analyst
Posts: 3,239
And1: 2,274
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#604 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:11 am

I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 4,979
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#605 » by King Ken » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:07 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.

I am a MPJ fan but he's primarily a scorer/rebounder who doesn't move much off the ball, doesn't have a defensive position, and lacks defensive versatility. He's kinda what we felt Michael Beasley would be.

Bol, on the other hand, can score, he can shoot, he can block shots at an elite level, he can rebound, and can draw fouls. Bol can fill up the stat sheets and he's rare af. His length effects everything like his dad but he's much quicker in getting there. Bol is different. He's special. He just needs to get stronger and stay healthy. MPJ just needs to stay healthy but I don't see this future All-Star like I thought he could be when I saw him in HS.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,978
And1: 47,727
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#606 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:16 pm

lol this is **** insane

Read on Twitter
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 14,265
And1: 3,307
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#607 » by Fischella » Sat Aug 1, 2020 7:40 pm

He also turned Olynyk into an unstoppable force, his perimeter defense is so rough
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,978
And1: 47,727
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#608 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:03 pm

why even hate? dude makes an insane half-court bounce pass that only a handful of 7 footers can even do and that's your response?

btw Olynyk was going off before even Bol played. you sure it was Millsap that was a -20 in 28 minutes?
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,978
And1: 47,727
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#609 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:04 pm

and I don't know how anyone can look at that clip and see the insane athleticism that it took to make that play at his height

in a redraft this dude ain't dropping out the top5 and u know it
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 13,327
And1: 11,063
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#610 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:49 pm

He wasn’t even an early second rounder. He went 44th. Someone should have taken the risk before then.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 4,979
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#611 » by King Ken » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:47 am

clyde21 wrote:and I don't know how anyone can look at that clip and see the insane athleticism that it took to make that play at his height

in a redraft this dude ain't dropping out the top5 and u know it

Not for me, I still got the OG top 3, Cam, and Clarke. Bol clearly would be next for me. After that, White, Hunter, Herro, and Garland in no specific order. I can see Bol at 6th with his health getting clean billed. Hell, I saw it then at that time. If anything changed for me, Hayes got replaced by Herro by I can see Hayes being superior to Herro in two-three years just due to his potential.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,978
And1: 47,727
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#612 » by clyde21 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:00 am

King Ken wrote:
clyde21 wrote:and I don't know how anyone can look at that clip and see the insane athleticism that it took to make that play at his height

in a redraft this dude ain't dropping out the top5 and u know it

Not for me, I still got the OG top 3, Cam, and Clarke. Bol clearly would be next for me. After that, White, Hunter, Herro, and Garland in no specific order. I can see Bol at 6th with his health getting clean billed. Hell, I saw it then at that time. If anything changed for me, Hayes got replaced by Herro by I can see Hayes being superior to Herro in two-three years just due to his potential.


Zion
Ja
Bol
Coby
Herro

would be my top 5 in a redraft right now

other guys u mentioned have a good case too, it's gonna be a solid class
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 14,265
And1: 3,307
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#613 » by Fischella » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:11 am

I think Bol would be late teens/early 20s for me, same as pre-draft
Richard4444
Starter
Posts: 2,225
And1: 1,117
Joined: Dec 28, 2018
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#614 » by Richard4444 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:51 pm

Bol Bol has skills and is healthy now. But he hasn't played meaningful minutes in NBA.

He still has a very slender and apparently fragile frame. He might be a perennial injury concern. We don't know anything about his stamina and resilience. Things will become more challenging after opponents begin to plan to disrupt his game. He has yet to prove if he can keep his shotting efficiency and endure bumps and bruises from a more physical game.

Teams still would pick over him: Zion, Ja, RJ, Cam, Clarke, Coby, PJ Washington, Rui, Herro, Terrence Davis, Kevin Porter Jr and Matisse. Almost proven NBA players with great upside.

Bol Bol might be in the same tier of Garland, Culver, Hunter, Paschall, Hayes, Dort and Cameron Johnson. Bol Bol would be a high risk/high reward option.
Ayt
RealGM
Posts: 52,384
And1: 7,826
Joined: Jun 27, 2005

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#615 » by Ayt » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:39 am

King Ken wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.

I am a MPJ fan but he's primarily a scorer/rebounder who doesn't move much off the ball, doesn't have a defensive position, and lacks defensive versatility. He's kinda what we felt Michael Beasley would be.

Bol, on the other hand, can score, he can shoot, he can block shots at an elite level, he can rebound, and can draw fouls. Bol can fill up the stat sheets and he's rare af. His length effects everything like his dad but he's much quicker in getting there. Bol is different. He's special. He just needs to get stronger and stay healthy. MPJ just needs to stay healthy but I don't see this future All-Star like I thought he could be when I saw him in HS.


He moves extremely well off the ball. That is one of the things that has impressed me the most during his NBA career so far.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 4,979
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#616 » by King Ken » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:52 am

Ayt wrote:
King Ken wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I like Bol alot, albiet I think he is more of a unique bench scorer than all star. But I would die on the hill that says MPJ is in more all star games than Bol.

I am a MPJ fan but he's primarily a scorer/rebounder who doesn't move much off the ball, doesn't have a defensive position, and lacks defensive versatility. He's kinda what we felt Michael Beasley would be.

Bol, on the other hand, can score, he can shoot, he can block shots at an elite level, he can rebound, and can draw fouls. Bol can fill up the stat sheets and he's rare af. His length effects everything like his dad but he's much quicker in getting there. Bol is different. He's special. He just needs to get stronger and stay healthy. MPJ just needs to stay healthy but I don't see this future All-Star like I thought he could be when I saw him in HS.


He moves extremely well off the ball. That is one of the things that has impressed me the most during his NBA career so far.

He did today. that's for damn sure but before today, I've been watching him for years look completely lost off the ball on offense.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,658
And1: 4,979
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#617 » by King Ken » Wed Aug 5, 2020 11:06 pm

I hope MPJ can keep this up. This is what I expected from him.

Return to NBA Draft