Re: Bol Bol 

Post#321 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Bol is the 2nd best player in this draft in a tier of his own after Zion
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#322 » by kobyz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 pm

He could be anywhere between Pau Gasol to Andrea Bargiani, hope he doesn't bust...
yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#323 » by yanuary » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm

clyde21 wrote:Bol is the 2nd best player in this draft in a tier of his own after Zion

Based on what? Atrocious defense? Not translatable offense? Questionable longevity? Questionable health?

2nd - but 2nd round pick.
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#324 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 pm

yanuary wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Bol is the 2nd best player in this draft in a tier of his own after Zion

Based on what? Atrocious defense? Not translatable offense? Questionable longevity? Questionable health?

this is so ridiculous it's not even worthy of a reply tbh.
yanuary
Rookie

Post#325 » by yanuary » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
yanuary wrote:

Multiple your posts (2019 -great draft, Grimes-top10 pick (you had him even higher but you edited yours BigBoards which is laughable), and THIS - Bol as 2nd best player and has his own tier) are funny and ridiculous.
So use arguments next time, not posts like this.

Bol Bol is one of the worse defenders (probably worst) in top10 best bigs in this draft. Its not even to discuss, he was atrociuos in NCAA, slow foot, low low low bbIQ, horrible mistakes, not even close to be good rim protector.

His offensive game is not translatable, you posted laughable slowmtion attacks on closeouts against horrible competitors and you think that this is good? :lol: Slow and low release. Cant do nothing against better defenders in paint.

Longevity and health concersn are obvious.

And you see him as 2nd pick overall. Its almost as funny as Grimes in top10 (where you had him looooooong time).
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21
RealGM

Post#326 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 pm

yanuary wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
yanuary wrote:Based on what? Atrocious defense? Not translatable offense? Questionable longevity? Questionable health?

Multiple your posts (2019 -great draft, Grimes-top10 pick (you had him even higher but you edited yours BigBoards which is laughable), and THIS - Bol as 2nd best player and has his own tier) are funny and ridiculous.

Bol Bol is one of the worse defenders (probably worst) in top10 best bigs in this draft. Its not even to discuss, he was atrociuos in NCAA, slow foot, low low low bbIQ, horrible mistakes, not even close to be good rim protector.

His offensive game is not translatable, you posted laughable slowmtion attacks on closeouts against horrible competitors and you think that this is good? :lol: Slow and low release. Cant do nothing against better defenders in paint.

And you see him as 2nd pick overall. Its almost as funny as Grimes in top10 (where you had him looooooong time).

1. i still have Grimes in the lotto or near the lotto

2. I have made my arguments in this thread about why Bol is a top 2 prospect. You're more than welcome to revisit the last few pages.

3. again, claiming a talent like Bol is a 2nd rounder is hysterical on multiple levels and you would be laughed straight out of the draft room if you said that out loud.
yanuary
Rookie

Post#327 » by yanuary » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
yanuary wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

1. i still have Grimes in the lotto or near the lotto

2. I have made my arguments in this thread about why Bol is a top 2 prospect. You're more than welcome to revisit the last few pages.

3. again, claiming a talent like Bol is a 2nd rounder is hysterical on multiple levels and you would be laughed straight out of the draft room if you said that out loud.

1) Its more funny than Bol Bol in 2nd round
2) Yes i saw it - you posted "highlights" against atrocious competitors and ignored multiple evidences in that Bol Bol will be really bad defender (right now he is atrocious) in NBA and has low bbIQ. You try to convince us that he has good lateral mobility cause awful players from WE couldnt beat him, and that he has many block so he is good defender. Its ridiculus, cause you ignored one poster with his simply film and stats evidences that Bol Bol is awful defender and he will not be even average D in NBA.
3) Its not histerical - when i said that Ok4 is 2nd round pick i saw exactly same comments.

clyde21
RealGM

Post#328 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 pm

i posted a lot more than just highlights. it's all there for you. otherwise, I have no interest in discussing Bol with someone that doesn't even have him in the first round. We're too far apart to even converse about him.

gl with that tho.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#329 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:52 pm

his ability to put the floor on the floor in traffic for a guy his size is ridiculous

the apex on this shot is KD-like

nba range as a spot-up shooter:

just absolutely ridiculous skill set for someone at his height and length. like Zion we really haven't seen anything like it before so it's hard to draw comparisons.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#330 » by Coeur » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 pm

clyde21 wrote:i posted a lot more than just highlights. it's all there for you. otherwise, I have no interest in discussing Bol with someone that doesn't even have him in the first round. We're too far apart to even converse about him.

gl with that tho.

Are you taking him at 2 if you’re a team that isn’t in need of PG like Ja?

I know King ken doesn’t personally like Bolbol but the Hawks seem like a great fit. Cleveland?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#331 » by clyde21 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Coeur wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i posted a lot more than just highlights. it's all there for you. otherwise, I have no interest in discussing Bol with someone that doesn't even have him in the first round. We're too far apart to even converse about him.

gl with that tho.

I know King ken doesn’t personally like Bolbol but the Hawks seem like a great fit. Cleveland?

i would take him at 2 regardless of who's available unless I'm a team desperate for a wing in which case I would take Barrett.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#332 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 am

kobyz wrote:He could be anywhere between Pau Gasol to Andrea Bargiani, hope he doesn't bust...

Gasol is probably his closest template. Both look slow performing each move, but the combo of length and general skill is the difference for their individual career lines of competition.

Gasol had near elite length during his time if I recall and Bol is right there with Bamba with unseen length.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#333 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 am

Coeur wrote:

gl with that tho.

He is a terrible fit for the Hawks. Cleveland is his best fit but Cleveland will likely have better options in their range like Barrett or Morant
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#334 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 am

I disagree and think Bol is a very good fit for the Hawks. I don’t like any other big potentially fitting next to Collins outside of Zion and Bol in this draft.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#335 » by No-Man » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 am

People really don't understand body mechanics, comparing Bol to Pau is nuts-stupid

In the end, y'all want to buy on upside, even if it's unlikely, that's the reality with Bol, he is weirdly skilled for his size and has a complicated athletic profile, but some fellas just want to buy on high-end outcomes without bothering breaking down why/how those are unrealistic, or even impossible
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#336 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Fischella wrote:People really don't understand body mechanics, comparing Bol to Pau is nuts-stupid

In the end, y'all want to buy on upside, even if it's unlikely, that's the reality with Bol, he is weirdly skilled for his size and has a complicated athletic profile, but some fellas just want to buy on high-end outcomes without bothering breaking down why/how those are unrealistic, or even impossible

You're the same guy that tried to sell folks on the idea that Ja Morant's athleticism was overrated so that doesn't lend your own understanding of body mechanics any credibility. :roll:

Now as it pertains to Bol Bol, I wouldn't take him above Zion, Ja, or RJ but after that then he's definitely in play. I'm buying my stock high in him. Not explosive but very fluid athlete especially given his size. Seems to have a good understanding of pace and patience (almost to a fault). Heady basketball player, doesn't really look like he's overthinking out there and to me that is a sign of a natural hooper. Even if you aren't completely sold on his ball handling and shot making package he still has a lot of functional skills that should translate in set shooting, weakside shot-blocking, and as a rim-running target. The injury concerns don't worry me as much but that could change as we get closer to the draft and medical information becomes more public.

Even if he doesn't max out his potential, I still see him developing into a solid NBA player. I will say, a lot of his success will be predicated on his landing spot moreso than many other high-end prospects.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#337 » by pad300 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:31 pm

A discussion of Bol Bol

https://cbbtoday.com/nba-draft/deciphering-oregon-ducks-big-bol-bol/

I kind of agree. Not sure i see all of it as valid, but it's a decent discussion of his negatives and why he's likely a later pick...
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#338 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Still scared.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#339 » by No-Man » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Ja Morant's athleticism is indeed overrated
clyde21
RealGM

Post#340 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:58 pm

the idea that Bol's skill and athleticism is not translatable to the NBA is nonsensical in every way. he is an elite and efficient athlete with a prototype skill set for a modern day 5 on both ends of the court.

only trepidation anyone should have is the propensity or potential for injury which is definitely a fair red flag if someone is more risk averse.

Return to NBA Draft