Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#381 » by 916fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Despite his praises from DX, they have him as their 15th best prospect.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#382 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:02 pm

absolutely uncanny that a 7-3 guy can move like that, easily a top 5 talent, one of most unique prospects in decades.

any team that passes on him (sans Zion) is passing on an Embiid-like situation. good luck.
gundysmullet
Rookie
And1: 644

Post#383 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:17 pm

clyde21 wrote:absolutely uncanny that a 7-3 guy can move like that, easily a top 5 talent, one of most unique prospects in decades.

any team that passes on him (sans Zion) is passing on an Embiid-like situation. good luck.

Has anyone ever not look good against being defended by air? When posters such as yourself get so caught up in videos like this is the very definition of being “captive of the moment”.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#384 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:27 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
clyde21 wrote:absolutely uncanny that a 7-3 guy can move like that, easily a top 5 talent, one of most unique prospects in decades.

Has anyone ever not look good against being defended by air? When posters such as yourself get so caught up in videos like this is the very definition of being “captive of the moment”.

Captive of the moment? look at my draft thread, I've had Bol as the #2 prospect in this class the entire time, has nothing to do with this vid.
gundysmullet
Rookie
And1: 644

Post#385 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:29 pm

clyde21 wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:

Captive of the moment? look at my draft thread, I've had Bol as the #2 prospect in this class the entire time, has nothing to do with this vid.

OK, fair enough then. My apologies
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#386 » by GimmeDat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:10 am

Cylde's definitely been on the Bol train.

I always had him mid-lottery, but I lowered him just outside the lottery recently. I agree the upside is extremely good, but idk, I guess I just wouldn't want to be the team taking a risk on him. I think I might move him up again some though, something is to be said for pure upside. This is the problem with having too much time to look in to guys, or looking in to them and then not seeing them for a while and second guessing yourself.

He was always going to look amazing in workouts though, we knew that.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#387 » by nolang1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Cylde's definitely been on the Bol train.

I always had him mid-lottery, but I lowered him just outside the lottery recently. I agree the upside is extremely good, but idk, I guess I just wouldn't want to be the team taking a risk on him. I think I might move him up again some though, something is to be said for pure upside. This is the problem with having too much time to look in to guys, or looking in to them and then not seeing them for a while and second guessing yourself.

Mo Bamba looked amazing in workouts too; 1-on-0 is the optimal setting for both players offensively because they're awful at setting screens. Both are the types of players who aren't going to provide much value during their rookie contract; I'd rather just offer Bol a big contract in restricted free agency if he turns out to be decent than draft him and spend 2-3 years just waiting for him to possibly handle the physicality at the 5.
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,470

Post#388 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:05 pm

nolang1 wrote:

Mo Bamba looked amazing in workouts too; 1-on-0 is the optimal setting for both players offensively because they're awful at setting screens. Both are the types of players who aren't going to provide much value during their rookie contract; I'd rather just offer Bol a big contract in restricted free agency if he turns out to be decent than draft him and spend 2-3 years just waiting for him to possibly handle the physicality at the 5.

I mean I know it was only 9 games but he averaged 21-10-3 on elite efficiency. Everything he did in the workout he did in game in his short stint. He will make an impact day 1 if he stays healthy. Hopefully at #10 to the Hawks.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#389 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

nolang1 wrote:

I still think Mo will turn out to be a good NBA player. He was always a massive project coming in, I thought he was impressively productive with that considered.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#390 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 am

nolang1 wrote:

Mo Bamba was raw, but another issue was that he really did not fit a role on that Magic team this year with so many bigs on the roster so there really wasn't much reason to trot him out there as a rookie, especially once they started making a PO push.

also, Bol is just a much, much more sophisticated offensive player than Bamba
bk433
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#391 » by bk433 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:06 pm

I rank the top 20 prospects every year, and I've got Bol Bol 3rd this year. Not a fan of Barrett game and don't see much upside in Garland, Culver, Hunter, or White. Last year they would have gone in the 10-20 range. Huge mistake if he drops below this group, could end up being the best player in the draft.

Last 2 years the players I was highest on relative to mocks were Mitchell Robinson and Derrick White, this year its Bol Bol.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#392 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:13 pm

so, how many 7+ ft guys in the history of the NBA can pull off this sequence here?

nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#393 » by nolang1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am

clyde21 wrote:so, how many 7+ ft guys in the history of the NBA can pull off this sequence here?

Probably a few at least, but just because it's rare doesn't make it valuable by itself. He blocked a shot on the perimeter, which plenty of 7 footers could have done, and from there he dribbled the ball upcourt into a contested midrange jumper early in the shot clock which happened to go in. Like it's probably a good trade-off to have someone who's strong enough to box out NBA 5s and set solid screens even if it means they'll just outlet the ball to a guard rather than dribble it up to take a contested midranger themselves.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#394 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:27 am

That shot selection was as horrendous as the skill was evident on that replay, Clyde.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#395 » by Osirus89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 am

Came in here to see what you guys think of Bol as a player. I'd been conflicted as hell about him because he seems like he would be a mismatch for many NBA centers on offense, but get absolutely obliterated on defense on the other end. Even though OKC will probably trade the pick this year, it wouldn't displease me to get him. Part of me feels there is no way he would still be available, but Bol seems polarizing enough that enough teams could be scared off to bring him within range.

The views on him in here seem to be pretty varied as well.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#396 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:41 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:That shot selection was as horrendous as the skill was evident on that replay, Clyde.

u can teach shot selection, u can't teach what he can do at 7-2
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#397 » by Coeur » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:15 pm

New Orleans has to think hard about Bolbol at 4 or wonder if they can trade back and still get him?

It’s Goga and Bolbol as only pelicans picks possible @4?

Pelicans perfect situation is trading 4 for 8 & 10 and getting 2 of Bolbol/Goga/Hayes/Clarke/Claxton
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#398 » by Axolotl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Coeur wrote:New Orleans has to think hard about Bolbol at 4 or wonder if they can trade back and still get him?

It’s Goga and Bolbol as only pelicans picks possible @4?

Pelicans perfect situation is trading 4 for 8 & 10 and getting 2 of Bolbol/Goga/Hayes/Clarke/Claxton

If the Pels want Bol, they should absolutely trade back. At he earliest he is going late lotto.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#399 » by TheSuzerain » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 pm

He was MVP of EYBL, no?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#400 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:24 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:He was MVP of EYBL, no?

yup

Return to NBA Draft