Post#1 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:35 am

He's my #1 International prospect and imo the best centre in the draft as well

What do you guys thinks of him?

Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Re: Goga Bitadze 

Post#2 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:41 pm

I like him over Sekou for #1 international prospect. He reminds me of Enes Kanter with his size and scoring mindset. If he can become a good post defender he will be a steal with where he is projected in most mock drafts. I don't think he'll ever be able to guard wings or guards on the perimeter so he'll have to be a great rim protector to make an all-star team. I think he'll ultimately end up like Kanter and be a good situational backup center.

I have Hayes over him, but not by much. And I would have Jonatay ahead of him to if not for the injuries.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#3 » by doordoor123 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:29 pm

I’m not sure who to compare him to, but he reminds me of a mix between Nurkic and Gobert. He has a chance to be one of the better centers in the league. But to me he doesn’t have as much upside as Sekou.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#4 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 am

I actually see alot of Alex Len in him with a tier higher interior defense.

doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by doordoor123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:00 am

CP War Hawks wrote:I actually see alot of Alex Len in him with a tier higher interior defense.

Also like 20 pounds heavier
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#6 » by Dat2U » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 am

I also have him as the #1 C prospect. I think he projects to be at least be solid on the defensive end. Not a bad athlete for a C, just not quick twitch but he's pretty mobile IMO.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:26 am

doordoor123 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:I actually see alot of Alex Len in him with a tier higher interior defense.

Len's added a lot of weight since his MD days - he's done a nice job building up his body. I think Bitadze's more skilled overall than Len but a bit less so than Valanciunas. Seems to have a very good touch inside and outside. I don't see him as someone who's going to make an immediate impact in the NBA. As big as he is, he still needs to get stronger to compete with a Valanciunas. Solid all-around center prospect - but not a player I'd be excited about in the lottery.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by doordoor123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Len's added a lot of weight since his MD days - he's done a nice job building up his body. I think Bitadze's more skilled overall than Len but a bit less so than Valanciunas. Seems to have a very good touch inside and outside. I don't see him as someone who's going to make an immediate impact in the NBA. As big as he is, he still needs to get stronger to compete with a Valanciunas. Solid all-around center prospect - but not a player I'd be excited about in the lottery.

I wouldn’t be excited for any rim running big in the lottery. When was the last time that worked out? Most rim runners come from outside of the lottery. If your big is in the lottery he has to be able to score on his own, unfortunately sometimes that leads to Jahlil Okafor. That’s also why I’m not too high on Jaxson Hayes, but there is some validity there as to why he should be a lottery pick.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#9 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:40 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I’m not sure who to compare him to, but he reminds me of a mix between Nurkic and Gobert. He has a chance to be one of the better centers in the league. But to me he doesn’t have as much upside as Sekou.

Sekou is Hezonja of this draft IMO. Dont get fooled by hot air ''upside''.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by doordoor123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:I’m not sure who to compare him to, but he reminds me of a mix between Nurkic and Gobert. He has a chance to be one of the better centers in the league. But to me he doesn’t have as much upside as Sekou.

A lot of people think that, I’m in the minority. I really like what I’ve seen from him. I don’t think he’s Hezonja, why do you make that comparison? I’m curious.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#11 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:42 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

based on what?
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#12 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:49 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

A lot of people think that, I’m in the minority. I really like what I’ve seen from him. I don’t think he’s Hezonja, why do you make that comparison? I’m curious.

Well, I don't like when NBA takes euro role players and expect them to be NBA stars. I mean I get that kids a project and will get better, but thats just massive red flag from the begginig, if you cant show any sense of dominance in a much weaker league, how will you be good in the NBA? At least guys like Nurkic or Valanciunas for example, had limited roles in Europe, but their per minute and efficiency stats were insane, you could tell they will outgrow european level of competition soon. Sekou doesnt show any of that, he is role players role player, he is Luc Mbah a Moute type prospect, just because he has falshy blocks and has decent vertical makes his upsade great, even tho he cant shoot, pass or dribble, nah, I am not falling for that.
Dave Yogurt
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Dave Yogurt » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:37 am

doordoor123 wrote:

He's always reminded me a bit of Andrew Bogut, but more advanced defensively at the same age.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,426

Post#14 » by Kalela » Fri May 24, 2019 6:12 am

He looks really slow. Even in his highlights. He reminds me of Zizic. I wouldn't pick him first round.
Fire Mazzulla

Return to NBA Draft