Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Best and Worst Spots for Zion 

Post#61 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:26 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:Well that's your opinion but, personally I would rather have Zion play in a thriving metropolis city that has other attractions . If he was in Chicago for instance I could see myself going up there to visit and then catching a Bulls game . Or NYC, Atlanta, DC etc . I think it's so much cooler when a player has a huge city behind them and massive media market to really get people in that town excited . I was living in NYC when the Knicks had that year they won 50+ games and Melo was an MVP candidate, and also during Linsanity and those moments were honestly magical for a brief stretch.

It's just my personal preference that's all . If he went to Cleveland or Memphis I would be kind of disappointed (mainly Cleveland)

I think the whole thriving metropolis thing is a bad argument because those cities are much worse than Cleveland as a whole. But if your talking about just more population and diversity of culture for when you vacation there and only see what you want to see etc I get it.
I do think Washington would be a great place fit wise but they are so strapped for additional player acquire it negates the positive and the same types of positive negative columns can be filled anywhere he goes.
Best for him vs best for fans ain't the same

I have nothing against Cleveland personally - but it's clear from history that many NBA players don't want to go there. I'm not a young millionaire NBA player so I can't speak to what specifically those guys don't like about the place, but it's the reality. If Zion goes to the Cavs, it is unlikely that he will be able to attract star FA talent to play with him.

I think Zion would be more of a magnet in a bigger city, and the overall experience would be more exciting for him and the fans.

Fitwise isn't a major concern in the long run because the league can change so much over the course of his 7-8 years of his first NBA team. Most of the lottery teams have at least 1 young star talent to pair Zion with or used to get other pieces.

Well I think it was always about the premier players in their prime did not want to miss out on huge paydays being they expected to get them elsewhere in more featured roles than with Lebron the key priority in CLE along with Lebron having the owners balls & being a threat to always walk.That would not be the case with Zion on his rookie deal and the Cavs are much better positioned than they were in Lebrons first stint there when he didn't have any control.
Most of the marquee fa now want to team up with other players when they can and some are even willing to play 2nd fiddle if they still get paid, but it never has to do with where as much as who they are teaming up with unless it's an older player wanting more sunshine,a disgruntled player already in a situation where they won't get the $ they think they deserve or several other factors none of which ever come down to the actual city the team calls home and almost always based on players on the team,their contract situations,the willingness of the franchise to spend $ and the assets in the quiver. CLE has always spent $ and has a nice young core of role players/starters to build on with plenty of flex after next season to add more.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Re: Best and Worst Spots for Zion 

Post#62 » by Coeur » Tue Apr 2, 2019 8:52 pm

So much love for the hawks. So I try to buy in. Ill take them out of Cleveland and Knicks territory as far as worst for Zion. I’d still just hate to see that fan base not support them. I get the fit with the other younger players reasoning.

But fit with others for the hawks is JV compared to the Mavs. Doncic/Zion/Porzingis has greatest all time frontcourt in the history of the sport of basketball ceiling

Return to NBA Draft