clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Re: 2020 NBA Draft 

Post#1741 » by clyde21 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
People at Duke expect Moore to be the most likely to return out of all the freshmen. Moore has shown no transferable NBA skills at the moment.

so who do you think leaves? just Vern, Tre and Cassius? i don't see Hurt leaving at this point tbh.

Tre, Vern and Cassius are 100% gone. I think Moore and Hurt all depend on if they can put together some momentum in the ACC tournament and March Madness. Right now I wouldn't be shocked if neither have even a 2nd round grade.

weak wing year tho, that might entice Moore to leave, we'll see.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1742 » by No-Man » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Hurt is going to leave, I'd be shocked if he stays
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1743 » by Marcus » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:07 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

so who do you think leaves? just Vern, Tre and Cassius? i don't see Hurt leaving at this point tbh.

Tre, Vern and Cassius are 100% gone. I think Moore and Hurt all depend on if they can put together some momentum in the ACC tournament and March Madness. Right now I wouldn't be shocked if neither have even a 2nd round grade.

weak wing year tho, that might entice Moore to leave, we'll see.

anybody with a sniff might dip out.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Justwar
Rookie
And1: 222

Post#1744 » by Justwar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
People at Duke expect Moore to be the most likely to return out of all the freshmen. Moore has shown no transferable NBA skills at the moment.

Unless hurt plays center next year then he'll see the floor much less.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#1745 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Imagine Minny takes LaMelo in a gamble to keep Towns..
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TheScout31
Junior
And1: 387

Post#1746 » by TheScout31 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1747 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Is it bad that I think that Maxey and Maledon aren't locks to be drafted in the 1st round?
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#1748 » by The-Power » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Is it bad that I think that Maxey and Maledon aren't locks to be drafted in the 1st round?

It's not crazy, I'd say. Maledon has really disappointed thus far and I can see the argument for him not being a first-round pick, especially considering the number of PGs in the draft. Maxey I think is going to be drafted in the first, some teams will like his scoring potential enough to invest a first round pick in him – but I'm skeptical of Maxey, too, and if it was purely about my big board I could be convinced that he's only a high second round pick even though I have him in the first.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#1749 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:21 pm

TheScout31 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sounds like he'd be good for an And1 mixtape but not the NBA
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1750 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm

The-Power wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Is it bad that I think that Maxey and Maledon aren't locks to be drafted in the 1st round?

It's not crazy, I'd say. Maledon has really disappointed thus far and I can see the argument for him not being a first-round pick, especially considering the number of PGs in the draft. Maxey I think is going to be drafted in the first, some teams will like his scoring potential enough to invest a first round pick in him – but I'm skeptical of Maxey, too, and if it was purely about my big board I could be convinced that he's only a high second round pick even though I have him in the first.

it is possible Maledon decides not to enter this draft?

honestly he hasn't been any good, and I can see him falling out of the 1st given all the lead guys in this class.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#1751 » by The-Power » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:
The-Power wrote:

honestly he hasn't been any good, and I can see him falling out of the 1st given all the lead guys in this class.

I guess so. I think he should look to get a larger role next year in Europe first as I don't think he's one of the guys with a lot of draft appeal when so unproven. But who knows who likes him come draft time.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1752 » by Marcus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:28 pm

The-Power wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
The-Power wrote:It's not crazy, I'd say. Maledon has really disappointed thus far and I can see the argument for him not being a first-round pick, especially considering the number of PGs in the draft. Maxey I think is going to be drafted in the first, some teams will like his scoring potential enough to invest a first round pick in him – but I'm skeptical of Maxey, too, and if it was purely about my big board I could be convinced that he's only a high second round pick even though I have him in the first.

I guess so. I think he should look to get a larger role next year in Europe first as I don't think he's one of the guys with a lot of draft appeal when so unproven. But who knows who likes him come draft time.

Hayes has clearly separated himself in terms the French guards right?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1753 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:31 pm

i'm not a big Hayes guy at all but yea, he's been much better than Maledon at this point
The-Power
General Manager

Post#1754 » by The-Power » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Marcus wrote:
The-Power wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

For me (and I think most observers), yes. They really have moved into opposite directions since I started scouted them more extensively to start the season.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#1755 » by nolang1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:06 am

The-Power wrote:
Marcus wrote:
The-Power wrote:I guess so. I think he should look to get a larger role next year in Europe first as I don't think he's one of the guys with a lot of draft appeal when so unproven. But who knows who likes him come draft time.

For me (and I think most observers), yes. They really have moved into opposite directions since I started scouted them more extensively to start the season.

I didn't think they were that close to begin with. Hayes always seemed more fluent as a basketball player to me.

Since so many draft prospects are obviously far from making a positive impact in the NBA, a large part of identifying diamonds in the rough comes from figuring out who's on this sort of exponential curve of development in terms of their skillset (as opposed to someone who's simply a man among boys and will be much less effective against actual men). However, I think there can sometimes be an overcorrection where players who were severely underrated before get overrated for having 'burst onto the scene' or whatever.

In this draft, the players who I currently have as my top two prospects (Hayes and Wiseman) are more players with good tools for their positions who have consistently improved because I don't see anyone in the latter category. When comparing Hayes and LaMelo, I find a lot of this an overcorrection. Lamelo was certainly underrated by recruiting rankings due to not playing very much high school basketball and being a year younger than his classmates, but if you had considered him a lottery pick going into the season I don't think he's played so well as to totally obliterate any expectations. I'd consider Jaden McDaniels (who was looking like a potential top-10 recruit even during his junior season when he was still ranked in the 80s-90s) another such player who was looked at in a more positive light because his production relative to the top players in his class was almost a moot point.

Hayes is not too far off as a distributor from LaMelo and I'd consider him to be a lot better at playing off-ball and defending multiple positions (not to mention a much better shooting form and free throw percentage, which is certainly relevant considering how many people thought Lonzo to be a clear #1 pick despite those limitations). I think Cole Anthony is being trashed a little too much right now considering how bad UNC is without him, but when you're talking about age, size, playmaking, shooting, defense, and versatility, Hayes is at or near the top in all those categories without having any glaring weaknesses.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#1756 » by MemphisX » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:46 am

Maybe it is just me but I just don't see the burst with Hayes. But I guess that applies to almost every guard in this draft. He has just never struck me as a high level prospect.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
europeannbafan
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#1757 » by europeannbafan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:21 am

TheScout31 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Talking about professional scouting report!
Impressive!
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1758 » by King Ken » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 pm

europeannbafan wrote:
TheScout31 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Talking about professional scouting report!
Impressive!

KnicksTape has good scouting reports. I went back and reviewed all of them yesterday and came out surprised how good they were.

He missed like all of us do on some guys but hit on others. The info was pretty good.

I would say he missed on
Herro, he's close to his high
Completely missed on Ja Morant which all thestepien guys did. They missed on his athleticism. When I said Westbrook, some argued with me. Too small but now everyone is like Rose or Westbrook. They missed due to not realizing he is a generational athlete.
Hunter, his low is probably too high. He played PF in college, he was always going to take time.
A couple others guys like Culver and Grant Williams where he was too high

Extremely good
Clarke
Reddish
Garland
White
Rui
Zion
Romeo
Nassir

Where he tend to miss was on athleticism the most. Also, some of these kids improve like gangbusters so you really can only be so accurate.

I see athleticism differently. I think it's extremely diverse. Some see it as explosiveness and vertical.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1759 » by clyde21 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:44 pm

T1
1. RJ HAMPTON
2. SCOTTIE LEWIS
3. ANTHONY EDWARDS
4. JOSH GREEN

T2
5. TYRESE HALIBURTON
6. NICO MANNION
7. JAMES WISEMAN
8. ISAAC OKORO
9. PAUL REED
10. ISAIAH STEWART
11. OBI TOPPIN
12. JOE WIESKAMP

pretty comfortable with this top12 at this point until we know more about who's coming back/staying. put RJ #1 for the superior offense/playmaking, Wieskamp is for sure a top12 guy, Paul Reed makes the top10.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#1760 » by Patrick1978 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:T1
1. RJ HAMPTON
2. SCOTTIE LEWIS
3. ANTHONY EDWARDS
4. JOSH GREEN

T2
5. TYRESE HALIBURTON
6. NICO MANNION
7. JAMES WISEMAN
8. ISAAC OKORO
9. PAUL REED
10. ISAIAH STEWART
11. OBI TOPPIN
12. JOE WIESKAMP

pretty comfortable with this top12 at this point until we know more about who's coming back/staying. put RJ #1 for the superior offense/playmaking, Wieskamp is for sure a top12 guy, Paul Reed makes the top10.

Scottie Lewis in T1.
Why?

Who is in T3?
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel

Return to NBA Draft