Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Somebody explain these guys to me 

Post#41 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:56 am

Catchall wrote:
King Ken wrote:I am not sold on THT. He plays flat footed, top heavy, even if he is P.J. Tucker like, that's not worth no damn top 15 pick. I don't know why scouts are so high on him. Maybe it's his court vision. I like him as a prospect but I don't see what some see calling him top 5.

To me, THT's role looks to be similar to Lance Stephenson, a point-forward with some burst and some handle and wiggle. So it depends on whether you like that type of player. He's an interesting player when he plays on the ball, but if he's a wing, he doesn't really stand out.

If THT could lose 10 - 15 lbs, he's got enough of a skill base to develop as a bruising point guard in the mold of a Baron Davis or Deron Williams, but he'd need to expand his PG skills and focus on initiating offense. I believe in him more than I believe in Lu Dort right now.

THT should be looked at as a combo guard anyways, not a wing. I know he has the wingspan to defend some 3s but it's his combo-guard ability that makes him intriguing more so than his ability to switch to wings.

i look at him as a Donovan Mitchell type, but without the verticality.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,742

Post#42 » by eminence » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:46 pm

To each their own, THT is way more interesting to me as a high skill wing/forward than a huge guard.
I bought a boat.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#43 » by pad300 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:34 pm

eminence wrote:To each their own, THT is way more interesting to me as a high skill wing/forward than a huge guard.

If he's a guard, he's got a big physical advantage. As a wing, not really, especially against the bigger wings that are becoming more and more common. In either case, he currently doesn't have enough skills, especially his jumpshot... Skills are teachable, size not so much. So I'd say that his peak value would be as a combo guard.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#44 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:09 pm

THT is more interesting as a Guard to me, even with his short-comings, he has had issues defending up positions when it comes to size even with his length

He isn't that physical on D sadly

Return to NBA Draft