Nba stars at this point in the draft process

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Nba stars at this point in the draft process 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Wed May 8, 2019 3:09 am

End of the college year. I want to talk about how some of the best players were looked at and why.

I’ve been wrong about don’t even know how many I was right about. I was so high on Austin Daye, Jared Cunningham, and a euro pg GS drafted(nedovic?) . Plus I was the biggest buyer ever of Bargnani

But I’ve been right a couple times and it’s beem seeing guys in person that just seemed different

Westbrook is my #1. I argued illogically that he was 6-5 because that’s what it looked like in person. And I argued that he’d be Gary Payton defensively. I guess I missed on the type of player, but I got laughed off message boards for saying he’s as good as Rose and better than Beasley. (I can honestly say that my laughable prediction of RW, Brook, rose, love, oj, Beasley was prob best list)

Kawhi: I saw him in person at San Diego state 3 or 4 times. I didn’t know or foresee him offensively what he is. But he was the best rebounder I’d ever seen play the game. I thought he’d figure out how to be great but didn’t imagine this.

Klay- I watched him (as far as this place is concerned) by myself. Wierdest small town situation I’ve ever seen. Klay was part of the 3rd “bust” of the year of D1 b-ball players in a 10,000 person college town. Klay came back from suspension so embarrassed that he became what everyone wondered if he was: after suspension he just decided he was the best player a pac school ever had.

Any other memories of guys not considered what they are now?
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Nba stars at this point in the draft process 

Post#2 » by King Ken » Wed May 8, 2019 3:58 am

A number of guys especially the role players:
I never saw Thad Young being this type of player out of GT. I always saw him as star or bust but he found a niche.

Iggy, i though he was going to be Pippen lite but became this sightly under all star but a beast on both ends with elite BBIQ. I didn't think he was as smart as he became.

Of course all bigs who are now shooting threes who never shot pass 10ft in college.

I didn't see Steph becoming this good with elite pg skills.

I though Harden was a Mitch Richmond/Bernard King type. I didn't see this

Return to NBA Draft