Rui Hachimura

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Rui Hachimura 

Post#21 » by doordoor123 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 am

I like Hachimura, he’s getting **** on so much, but he has potential and he runs on offense. I’ll bet he doesn’t become a bust and has a productive career.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,126

Post#22 » by GopherIt! » Mon May 20, 2019 6:46 am

clyde21 wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:I’d sign off on Rui as a pups fan. I don’t think he’ll be a star but this draft is so weak he will eventually be one of the top guys out of this class when we look back with our 20/20 goggles.

people have said that so much that they actually have started to believe it

i dont really pay attention to what anyone else thinks. i’m simply not excited about this class.
i’m ok w minny trading the pick if it nets us a good pnr partner for kat.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#23 » by clyde21 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:48 am

GopherIt! wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:I’d sign off on Rui as a pups fan. I don’t think he’ll be a star but this draft is so weak he will eventually be one of the top guys out of this class when we look back with our 20/20 goggles.

people have said that so much that they actually have started to believe it

i dont really pay attention to what anyone else thinks. i’m simply not excited about this class.
i’m ok w minny trading the pick if it nets us a good pnr partner for kat.

we'll agree to disagree

as a standalone this class is good...problem is it's coming immediately after what might be the strongest class in decades, so I think that plays a huge part in the 'bad class' narrative.
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#24 » by 916fan » Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 am

Stillwater wrote:Well if starts playing defense and discovers the 3 ball he has the physical tools to be worth a 10-14 range pick

uhh.. if he discovers the 3 ball, then he's a top 5 pick. Rui has been extremely underrated by this draft board. It's almost like no one watches Gonzaga games.. only for Brandon Clarke.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#25 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 am

I think Rui should be a top 5 pick without a 3 ball period...I am not sure why people think this guy won't be a beast later. I cannot believe people are low on this guy.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#26 » by Stillwater » Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 pm

916fan wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Well if starts playing defense and discovers the 3 ball he has the physical tools to be worth a 10-14 range pick

uhh.. if he discovers the 3 ball, then he's a top 5 pick. Rui has been extremely underrated by this draft board. It's almost like no one watches Gonzaga games.. only for Brandon Clarke.

I like his progression as a prospect given his late start to basketball, and he is a very smooth athlete with a developing offensive arsenal , but I cannot discount the reality of his conference being mostly non nba level defenders, and I also cannot utilize a few non conference success stories as fuel for his stock. I think the reason Clarke was so overrated before the draft combine was his inflated stats in a bad conference, not to say his freak hops and motor won't translate they will, but at nowhere near the elite level they were in the WCC
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#27 » by 916fan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 am

Stillwater wrote:
916fan wrote:

I like his progression as a prospect given his late start to basketball, and he is a very smooth athlete with a developing offensive arsenal , but I cannot discount the reality of his conference being mostly non nba level defenders, and I also cannot utilize a few non conference success stories as fuel for his stock. I think the reason Clarke was so overrated before the draft combine was his inflated stats in a bad conference, not to say his freak hops and motor won't translate they will, but at nowhere near the elite level they were in the WCC

There' no doubt that the WCC is very weak, but just because a player comes from a weaker conference doesn't mean it diminishes their value. Sabonis in his 3rd season put up 14pts 9rebs 2.9asts on 59% FG in the NBA.

I don't think people like Rui because he's put up big number, instead people like Rui because of his skills. Bad competition didn't hold Rodions Kurucs back... he played against ACB junior teams.

Bad competition is moot point. It's more about what the player brings to an NBA table. If stats is all that mattered, why isn't someone like Keaton Wallace out of PSU ranked in the lotto too?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#28 » by Stillwater » Wed May 22, 2019 5:26 pm

916fan wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
916fan wrote:uhh.. if he discovers the 3 ball, then he's a top 5 pick. Rui has been extremely underrated by this draft board. It's almost like no one watches Gonzaga games.. only for Brandon Clarke.

There' no doubt that the WCC is very weak, but just because a player comes from a weaker conference doesn't mean it diminishes their value. Sabonis in his 3rd season put up 14pts 9rebs 2.9asts on 59% FG in the NBA.

I don't think people like Rui because he's put up big number, instead people like Rui because of his skills. Bad competition didn't hold Rodions Kurucs back... he played against ACB junior teams.

Bad competition is moot point. It's more about what the player brings to an NBA table. If stats is all that mattered, why isn't someone like Keaton Wallace out of PSU ranked in the lotto too?

good points but the conference does matter given his skillset wont transfer against bigger stronger men. he needs an outside shot and wont get minutes until he has it unless whomever drafts him is tanking
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#29 » by doordoor123 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:I think Rui should be a top 5 pick without a 3 ball period...I am not sure why people think this guy won't be a beast later. I cannot believe people are low on this guy.

I don’t know about top 5, but I agree with you otherwise.
youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#30 » by youngWizzy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 am

He seems to have a bit of Mike Scott and Al Thornton in his game. I don't see star potential but a mid to high end role player is a good possibility.
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#31 » by Zion Wembanyama » Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Spurs or Nets.

I think he can be a star in San Antonio.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano

Return to NBA Draft