Team specific draft talk

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Team specific draft talk 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 pm

I am convinced team need and fit are more important in this draft that doesn’t have defined talent levels as clear as most nba drafts. Hoping to hear what you guys think about specific teams, their needs, potential picks, and strategies.

Boston Celtics- nobody seems to talk about their 3 picks because they’re so possible to be traded and I think because nobody knows what Ainge will do with these 3 picks. I think they’re in a bad spot on filling needs because it might be super thin at C and PF as well as prob no PG in that range.
Goga-I don’t think he falls to Celtics
Clarke- ditto
pjW seems like a likely candidate
Are they really forced into taking another sG/SF? With herro/keldon/kpj/KZ types all sitting there?

Hawks- I know there’s a bunch of hawks talk but for good reason. Really interesting spot in that draft.

8 & 10- seems like a no brainer that one is a wing and one is a Center right?

Which of culver/reddish/hunter would be worth trading a future pick to trade up for? Does one of them fall to 8?

Lakers- no way they take garland at that pick. I think it’s Goga but could be Clarke/culver/reddish/hunter
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Re: Team specific draft talk 

Post#2 » by Coeur » Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 pm

New York Knicks- they can make this draft way more interesting by doing something super Knick like.

There has got to still be a chance that the Knicks draft Doumbouya or Cam Reddish right?
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Coeur » Sat May 25, 2019 11:41 pm

Wolves- I really think they should be the team trying hardest to trade up for RJ Barret. Coby white is the pick at 11 maybe if he’s still there.

11 should be sent out with Wiggins to Denver
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:27 am

Coeur wrote:Wolves- I really think they should be the team trying hardest to trade up for RJ Barret. Coby white is the pick at 11 maybe if he’s still there.

Why would Denver do that? They have a young core that looks ready to start competing for a championship plus they are trying to prevent serious cap issues. Wiggins would hurt that. A lot.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,303

Post#5 » by NotACat » Sun May 26, 2019 2:41 am

Orlando

Our FO loves longbois, so Herro is likely out of the picture. We got young at every position but SG so that'll likely be the way we go at 16. I would be on NAW, Langford, Keldon Johnson, or THT at that spot.

Backup 4 is also a need so PJ Washington is also an option, but I think we take a flyer for that need at 46.
Black Lives Matter
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Coeur » Sun May 26, 2019 5:25 am

NotACat wrote:Orlando

Our FO loves longbois, so Herro is likely out of the picture. We got young at every position but SG so that'll likely be the way we go at 16. I would be on NAW, Langford, Keldon Johnson, or THT at that spot.

Backup 4 is also a need so PJ Washington is also an option, but I think we take a flyer for that need at 46.

Louis the King is the longest SG. People keep saying he’s going later but I think your group makes sense and he should be in it.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Coeur » Sun May 26, 2019 5:38 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Coeur wrote:Wolves- I really think they should be the team trying hardest to trade up for RJ Barret. Coby white is the pick at 11 maybe if he’s still there.

Why would Denver do that? They have a young core that looks ready to start competing for a championship plus they are trying to prevent serious cap issues. Wiggins would hurt that. A lot.

11(Brandon Clarke) is why. And Saric.

Gary Harris and will Barton together make more than Wiggins. Nugs have Beasley, juancho, and Torrey Craig going into contract years all returning starters at different points of last season. Plus now Michael Porter Jr and secret weapon Vanderbilt. Just too many guys that need to play. Wiggins consolidates multiple big contracts into 1 and opens up the minutes for the rest to further prove themselves. Also puts his skill set in perfect position to succeed playing off Jokic and Murray.

I don’t know if Clarke lasts to 11 but his fit on the Nugs would be perfect. Jokic and Clarke would compliment each other perfectly. Nugs love playing Jokic and plumlee together too. Saric gives them a 3rd big that could kind of keep the offense the same playing the backup Jokic role

And save 20+mill. Nugs might need to dip down now knowing they’ll have so many free agents after next season
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#8 » by CP War Hawks » Sun May 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Coeur wrote:Hawks- I know there’s a bunch of hawks talk but for good reason. Really interesting spot in that draft.

Which of culver/reddish/hunter would be worth trading a future pick to trade up for? Does one of them fall to 8?

Lakers- no way they take garland at that pick. I think it’s Goga but could be Clarke/culver/reddish/hunter

The Hawks may just double dip on wings with 8 and 10. Pretty huge hole with defense, scoring, rebounding, ball handling, etc. to fit between Trae and Collins. Might as well hit that area hard with this draft.

Picks 35, 41, 42 could be packaged to move up some spots. There I'd target the bigs of Kabengele, Claxton, Gafford, Bassey, Moses Brown, etc.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,283

Post#9 » by Catchall » Sun May 26, 2019 9:55 pm

Jazz will take BPA at #23, but the talent level is pretty flat from 15 to close to 30, so it's hard to say who that is. They need athleticism in their front court and will emphasize shooting. They've been looking at Okpala, Windler and King on the wing so far, and bigs like Kabengele, Reid and Grant Williams. If they go big, they want someone who can play on the perimeter. I think they'd be interested in PJ Washington and Keldon Johnson if either of them somehow slip. They've shown a bit of interest in Jordan Nwora, whom I think is underrated. I think Darius Bazley should also be on their radar, but I have no idea if he actually is.

Wings: Okpala, King, Windler, Bazley...
Bigs: Kab, Williams, Washington, Reid...
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Coeur » Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz will take BPA at #23, but the talent level is pretty flat from 15 to close to 30, so it's hard to say who that is. They need athleticism in their front court and will emphasize shooting. They've been looking at Okpala, Windler and King on the wing so far, and bigs like Kabengele, Reid and Grant Williams. If they go big, they want someone who can play on the perimeter. I think they'd be interested in PJ Washington and Keldon Johnson if either of them somehow slip. They've shown a bit of interest in Jordan Nwora, whom I think is underrated. I think Darius Bazley should also be on their radar, but I have no idea if he actually is.

Wings: Okpala, King, Windler, Bazley...
Bigs: Kab, Williams, Washington, Reid...

As a guy that doesn’t want the jazz getting too good for the Nugs to deal w I sure hope it’s not KZ Okpala or even Louis the King. I think they’d be great picks

I think flat 15-30 is actually a good thing. And I think that range might even be bigger than that. 8 or 9 to 40+ Good year for the scouts and decision makers to make their money.

I could see Samanic as a Jazz pick too. But their real perfect pick is Zagars
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Coeur » Sun May 26, 2019 11:09 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
Coeur wrote:Hawks- I know there’s a bunch of hawks talk but for good reason. Really interesting spot in that draft.

The Hawks may just double dip on wings with 8 and 10. Pretty huge hole with defense, scoring, rebounding, ball handling, etc. to fit between Trae and Collins. Might as well hit that area hard with this draft.

Picks 35, 41, 42 could be packaged to move up some spots. There I'd target the bigs of Kabengele, Claxton, Gafford, Bassey, Moses Brown, etc.

Seems almost impossible there isn’t a trade one way or the other for the Hawks. Seems like 8 could be a pretty great pick to trade. You could get a pretty good idea of who the team at 9 will take and you’ll know the team you trade to is taking at 8.

Hawks play their cards right they can take the same guy they plan at 8 at 10 and then what if you could get 2 Celtics picks for 8 ?
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Coeur » Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 pm

Hawks Draft board
*gone for sure z, jm, rj

**supposed to be gone dg, Coby

*** you get the 3rd pick of culver/cam/hunter

-one of culver/cam/hunter
-goga
-bolbol
-Clarke
-Rui
-Okpala
Doumbouya
- 10 sg’s
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,239

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 am

Okc will take Thybulle.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
mr570
Senior
And1: 295

Post#14 » by mr570 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:19 am

I saw somewhere the Celtics promsied Jalen Lecque somewhere in the second round. Not sure how accurate that is.
mr570
Senior

Post#15 » by mr570 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:20 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Okc will take Thybulle.

Actually there's a guy on Twitter saying the promsie for Thybulle was from Boston.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Coeur » Mon May 27, 2019 5:05 am

mr570 wrote:I saw somewhere the Celtics promsied Jalen Lecque somewhere in the second round. Not sure how accurate that is.

Thybulle makes a ton of sense for Celtics or okc both. Offense at 1 & 3

A pg at some point makes a ton of sense too. And there’s not many of them.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Coeur » Mon May 27, 2019 5:14 am

ThunderBolt wrote:Okc will take Thybulle.

I think this draft has some superstar defensive players. Way better than normal best defenders coming in. Of course a lot of development will have to go in to become great at the nba level

All defensive team

F-Zion- Defense is his best part of his game after finishing
F-Brandon Clarke- future dpoy
F-Thybulle- watch him play and you never make an argument about him being a system or zone defender.
G-Lu Dort- will defend pg’s and Forwards
C- I don’t believe in Hayes or in goga or bolbol as defenders yet. Tacko fall will defend the Gatorade bucket the best
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#18 » by big-shot-ROB » Mon May 27, 2019 9:25 am

BOSTON -

Don't know why I have this feeling but I think they're pretty in love with Herro. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see them take him at 14 if they know there's a possibility he is not there at 20.

Then it's a crap shot. We need bigs, but Fernando won't be there. Kabengele seems an option, there's been rumours about Gafford but that might be to high for him. I think it should be something like this.

14 - Fernando, Clarke, Langford, Doumbouya
20 - Herro, Kabengele, Goga, KPJ
22 - Thybulle, Cameron Johnson, G. Williams, PJ Washington
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
mr570
Senior

Post#19 » by mr570 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Coeur wrote:
mr570 wrote:I saw somewhere the Celtics promsied Jalen Lecque somewhere in the second round. Not sure how accurate that is.

I would really like the Thunder to draft Lecque. I think they've been interested in him since watching live games but not sure how interested. I know he's not ready to run an offense but Russ is ready to decline and he would be the next best thing after Ja Morant and Memphis has him on lock obviously.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#20 » by Stillwater » Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 pm

mr570 wrote:
Coeur wrote:

I would really like the Thunder to draft Lecque. I think they've been interested in him since watching live games but not sure how interested. I know he's not ready to run an offense but Russ is ready to decline and he would be the next best thing after Ja Morant and Memphis has him on lock obviously.

Lecque is getting pretty overrated on these boards due his freakish hops imo. I still don't see him going very high at all, even for a team in the beginnings of a long rebuild in the early 2nd. Esp not a team in need of shooters as bad as OKC is.
But he did show some impressive floor general skill and there is always a chance someone takes the gamble his shooting will eventually be at least fair just not OKC.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft