Team specific draft talk

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,367

Re: Team specific draft talk 

Post#41 » by baldur » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:53 am

Atlanta is definitely picking a wing and a center I guess. So @8 and @10 reddish, bol bol, Hayes and bitadze are quite possible choices I guess.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Post#42 » by pad300 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:38 pm

Hawks have 6 picks in this draft now (8,10,17,35,41 and 42) They are presumably looking to either a) trade up, b) trade to the future or c) picking a bunch of draft and stash guys...

With regards to c), it's not a particularly strong year for draft and stash. In the first there is Doumboya - both Goga and Samanic are in come over right away circumstances. In the 2nd, we haven't reached the international withdrawal deadline yet (June 10), but the only high talent deep stash that comes to mind is Servidyis...
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Post#43 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:14 am

Coeur wrote:Atlanta Hawks picking up 17 for Getting Crabs makes them even more interesting.

8/10/17 could end up being a Great draft- or end up clogging the end of a bench for 4 years.

8: I see everyone has this as whoever is left of reddish/hunter/Culver but I’m not sure of those 2 guards getting picked and having one of these guys remaining. I think they should be hoping for Goga here

10: perfect world they get wing at 8 and goga or bolbol here

17: they’ll have a guy they thought about at 8&10 still sitting there

I like him and don’t like the Hawks but I think a perfect pick for them is KZ Okpala

I believe they want to package 8+17 or 10+17 and move up for Culver. Schlenk seems to like guys that made the jump by year 2 in productiion.

If they keep 17, I would hope they look at Kabengale who made his jump in year 2 even though he's 21.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#44 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:07 am

CP War Hawks wrote:
Coeur wrote:Atlanta Hawks picking up 17 for Getting Crabs makes them even more interesting.

8/10/17 could end up being a Great draft- or end up clogging the end of a bench for 4 years.

8: I see everyone has this as whoever is left of reddish/hunter/Culver but I’m not sure of those 2 guards getting picked and having one of these guys remaining. I think they should be hoping for Goga here

I like him and don’t like the Hawks but I think a perfect pick for them is KZ Okpala

I believe they want to package 8+17 or 10+17 and move up for Culver. Schlenk seems to like guys that made the jump by year 2 in productiion.

If they keep 17, I would hope they look at Kabengale who made his jump in year 2 even though he's 21.

Before the Atlanta)Brooklyn trade, Tate Frasier of "One Shinning Podcast" said Atlanta has interest in Cameron Johnson.

He fits their mold.

Personally, I'm more confident of Cam Johnson going 17 than any pick after 7.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#45 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:36 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
Indiana Pacers

Pacers will be bringing back Thad and probably will be seeing if they can get Bogdanovic to return as well. They have a nice little core with those guys, plus Sabonis and Turner. I don’t see them bringing in another big man (drafted Alize last year). They’ll target a PG.

While I love the effort, I'm not sure you pegged the Pacers well here. The front office has made it clear that Bogie is the clear priority, but that he'll be wanted. Thad wasn't really mentioned, though I imagine that we'd love to have him back if the price is right (as in, very low). He and his wife have made it clear they want to be treated well in negotiations, and I can't blame them, but I see Thad as somewhat likely to move on, too. Sabonis and Turner are definitely core, and we'd like to see them play together much more, but I don't see Alize realistically mattering one iota when it comes to drafting. If he turns into a guy that can play in the NBA, awesome! We're not necessarily assuming that, though. I really see us going for a guy that can realistically play the 4, as it seems even Leaf might fit more as a mobile 5 than any kind of a 4.

For free agency, I could see us targeting a PG. I definitely don't see us targeting a PG at all with Holiday having been drafted last year.

Wizop wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:Indiana Pacers

Pacers will be bringing back Thad and probably will be seeing if they can get Bogdanovic to return as well. They have a nice little core with those guys, plus Sabonis and Turner. I don’t see them bringing in another big man (drafted Alize last year). They’ll target a PG.

doubt it. we took Holiday last year. no reason to give him a competitor. Sumner can also play some point and don't be surprised if Collison or Joseph are resigned.

the team says they need players who can create a shot for themselves. defense is also important. right now the options at 3 are Bogie and McDermott and Bogie is a free agent. we want him back but that won't be known at draft time and he is older than our young core. I think we look for a SF. and as between a 2/3 and a 3/4, I think we'd prefer a 3/4.

Yeah, a 3/4 makes the most sense for us, though, I think we really might just draft BPA on our board, as we're relatively flexible in positioning, and relatively weak on long-term bench positions.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#46 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:05 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Yeah, a 3/4 makes the most sense for us, though, I think we really might just draft BPA on our board, as we're relatively flexible in positioning, and relatively weak on long-term bench positions.

Clarke, Williams, Washington, Doumbouya, Okeke, etc.

Monteith tweeted that several more workouts are scheduled and we'll start to see first round prospects at BLF.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#47 » by Coeur » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:34 am

Roddy B for 3 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

Before the Atlanta)Brooklyn trade, Tate Frasier of "One Shinning Podcast" said Atlanta has interest in Cameron Johnson.

He fits their mold.

He’s def not talked about much but I think there will be a lot of interest in him. A true 3 sized player that is viewed as a high ceiling 3 point shooter is big value ever and now esp when they can use those guys at 2 spots.

Cam Johnson
KZ Okpala
Louis the King

6-8/6-9 wing players all getting slept on right now
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#48 » by NotACat » Sun Jun 9, 2019 11:28 am

Coeur wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

He fits their mold.

He’s def not talked about much but I think there will be a lot of interest in him. A true 3 sized player that is viewed as a high ceiling 3 point shooter is big value ever and now esp when they can use those guys at 2 spots.

Cam Johnson
KZ Okpala
Louis the King

Does KZ really project to be a wing player or a forward? His body and tendencies has me seeing a forward more than a wing, but I haven't spent too much time on him
Black Lives Matter
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by Coeur » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:14 pm

NotACat wrote:
Coeur wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:

He fits their mold.

Cam Johnson
KZ Okpala
Louis the King

Does KZ really project to be a wing player or a forward? His body and tendencies has me seeing a forward more than a wing, but I haven't spent too much time on him

Hes a true 3. Not saying he’s that good but the guy he always reminds me of is grant hill.

I know I’m way off consensus w KZ but every time I try to do a list I have him 4-8 in this class.

Stanford had a TERRIBLE season and KZ had bad luck little injury plagued season. This guy is the sleeper of the draft right now. Late 1st or 2nd round is crazy
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#50 » by No-Man » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:21 pm

I would not draft KZ at all
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#51 » by doordoor123 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:45 pm

Kezie is overrated for sure, but he still has value. He’s young and doesn’t necessarily have to have a great IQ to stand in the corner to shoot threes and defend with his size. Isn’t that why Wesley Johnson is still getting roles?
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#52 » by pcbothwel » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:49 pm

Fischella wrote:I would not draft KZ at all

Agreed... No reason to take him when players like Samanic, Grant Williams, Cam & Keldon Johnson, Louis King, Dedric Lawson, and Windler are all projected in that same 20-35 range.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#53 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 9:32 pm

Coeur wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Coeur wrote:He’s def not talked about much but I think there will be a lot of interest in him. A true 3 sized player that is viewed as a high ceiling 3 point shooter is big value ever and now esp when they can use those guys at 2 spots.

Cam Johnson
KZ Okpala
Louis the King

Hes a true 3. Not saying he’s that good but the guy he always reminds me of is grant hill.

I know I’m way off consensus w KZ but every time I try to do a list I have him 4-8 in this class.

Stanford had a TERRIBLE season and KZ had bad luck little injury plagued season. This guy is the sleeper of the draft right now. Late 1st or 2nd round is crazy

I like KZ alot.

I have him #19 on my big board, which to me means he will be a solid rotation player, hopefully more.

I have Reddish #18 and Thybulle, Hayes and White just ahead of them.

My hesitation with KZ is (I've watched about 20 minutes of scouting videos on him) he dosen't seem to handle the ball alot (which Grant Hill did). But he was effective the few times he did.

Usually he'd run after grabbing a rebound, just real simple stuff. It's good I didn't see him give it to the guards alot. I liked that he brought it up himself. He also has a weird jump shot (which scores me because it seems to be a serious concern by many, for other players).

I view KZ as a smaller, ( obviously less proven) Harrison Barnes, without the iso game.

I see KZ's ideal role as a backup swing forward. A great backup for a guy like Julius Randle imo.

If you rate KZ 4-8 that means you think he could be an all-star. What impraticular (I am trying to learn on these message boards) makes him so special to you to rank him that highly

KZ is obviously a smart player, hes efficient and low turnover with high production and goes to STANFORD.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by Coeur » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:28 pm

KZ is going to the spurs. Seems like dejounte a few years ago. I had the same arguments about him and then the spurs pick him and everyone is a believer.

Return to NBA Draft