Best UDFA signings

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Best UDFA signings 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:17 am

I think there’s more than usual udfa’s that will make rosters and make an impact this year

1- Lu Dort:OkC: I really don’t get it.
2- Louis the King: Detroit: ditto
3- Robert Franks: Charlotte: a sneaky good pickup. Made for today’s game
4: Kenny Wooten : knicks: watch out
5: Jordan Caroline AND Sack Norvell : Lakers
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Re: Best UDFA signings 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 am

good list, i'll add some:

Ky Bowman - Warriors
Brian Bowen - Pacers
Jaylen Hoard - Blazers
Jalen Lecque - Suns
Zylan Cheatham - Pels

agreed, there's more intriguing names than usual, which speaks to the depth of the class IMO
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#3 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:16 am

clyde21 wrote:good list, i'll add some:

Ky Bowman - Warriors
Brian Bowen - Pacers
Jaylen Hoard - Blazers
Jalen Lecque - Suns
Zylan Cheatham - Pels

agreed, there's more intriguing names than usual, which speaks to the depth of the class IMO

I’m pretty happy to give King a try
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#4 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:58 pm

5 more (actually 4 and then I cheated):

Dedrick Lawson - Warriors - I know he's a bad athlete, but he's going to play for GSW.
Justin Robinson - Wizards
Fletcher Magee - Bucks
John Konchar - Grizz
Jontay Porter - to be determined
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by No-Man » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:03 pm

Porter isn't getting signed with anybody

Magee and Lawson only have SL deals, highly questionable that they get a deal (I'd bet against both)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Fischella wrote:Porter isn't getting signed with anybody

Magee and Lawson only have SL deals, highly questionable that they get a deal (I'd bet against both)

Ok, I'll take your bets on Magee and Lawson getting NBA contracts. What did you have in mind?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#7 » by No-Man » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 pm

I think Dedric might get a chance, or a 2-way, but the Warriors have a LOT of guys already (Evans, Jones, Paschall, Smailagic, Bowman and Poole) no chance he gets it there really

I like Dedric (had him as a top 2nd round target) but I think he might need to go to the G-League and prove it first

Magee I'd be shocked if he ever sticks in the league
LSandersBong
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#8 » by LSandersBong » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm

I'd probably bet Magee gets a 2 way contract. Not a very versatile player but he is an elite volume 3 point shooter, exactly what the bucks need.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#9 » by EvanZ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Justin Robinson was a good one.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:34 pm

for now

i don't see Lawson sticking around on the Warriors, maybe another team looking for a 3rd unit guy that can do a bit of scoring inside and grab some boards.

Magee can hit 3s so you never know, but I wouldn't bank on him sticking around either.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#11 » by EvanZ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:09 pm

clyde21 wrote:

for now

i don't see Lawson sticking around on the Warriors, maybe another team looking for a 3rd unit guy that can do a bit of scoring inside and grab some boards.

Magee can hit 3s so you never know, but I wouldn't bank on him sticking around either.

Porter is like two years of rehab from playing based on what I heard. He's probably not getting a contract for a while. Maybe next summer.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Poor kid. Hopefully small steps lead to bigger steps, and eventually he'll make it back.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,938

Post#13 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Why did he declare for the draft then? Why did he even go back to school the first time? That is one stupid family. I swear.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,540

Post#14 » by Kalela » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:55 am

Jalen Adams - Pelicans.
Fire Mazzulla
clyde21
RealGM

Post#15 » by clyde21 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:01 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Why did he declare for the draft then? Why did he even go back to school the first time? That is one stupid family. I swear.

he shouldn't have went back to school in the first place, but declaring was the right choice. he needs to focus 100% on his rehab, not school...going back to Missouri now does nothing for him as he won't play next season anyway..
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Dean Wade was a underrated signing for the Cavs.
Anthony Lawrence is also interesting if he can transition to the 3.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,938

Post#17 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Why did he declare for the draft then? Why did he even go back to school the first time? That is one stupid family. I swear.

he shouldn't have went back to school in the first place, but declaring was the right choice. he needs to focus 100% on his rehab, not school...going back to Missouri now does nothing for him as he won't play next season anyway..

Who's paying for the Rehab though? He got hurt a second time outside of Missouri's purview. I am not sure if it's a workman's comp situation when you violate your rehab. Maybe Mizzou is still picking it up, but that stuff isn't cheap, especially for someone who is no longer in the program. He's not signed to a pro team.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
clyde21
RealGM

Post#18 » by clyde21 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Who's paying for the Rehab though? He got hurt a second time outside of Missouri's purview. I am not sure if it's a workman's comp situation when you violate your rehab. Maybe Mizzou is still picking it up, but that stuff isn't cheap, especially for someone who is no longer in the program. He's not signed to a pro team.

insurance
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#19 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Good pick up for GS getting Bowman, want to see what he can do in sl.
realboredcactus
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#20 » by realboredcactus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Read on Twitter

Poor kid. Hopefully small steps lead to bigger steps, and eventually he'll make it back.

This is incredibly sad to see, the family has to be cursed or something with MPJ constantly getting hurt and one of their sisters tore her ACLs 5 times (I think 3 times one knee, twice the other). I still don't get why he didn't stay in the 2018 draft. While he was slipping, I still saw him as a early 20s pick everywhere, and at worst early second round. While he doesn't rely on athleticism much at all, you gotta have to be able to not be constantly hurt and play. Wish the best for him

Return to NBA Draft