Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,597
And1: 2,643
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#101 » by Stillwater » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:03 pm

not sure how we went from 19 to 18 where clearly Bamba,Knox and MPJ lead the pack for busts...so far anyway.
19 is another story yet to be written
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
NotACat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,673
And1: 805
Joined: Apr 28, 2018

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#102 » by NotACat » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:01 pm

Stillwater wrote:not sure how we went from 19 to 18 where clearly Bamba,Knox and MPJ lead the pack for busts...so far anyway.
19 is another story yet to be written

I'm still holding on to Bamba stock, not a lot but some. I don't think he's going to be super unicorn he was portrayed as (I just don't think he's agile enough), but I'm going to wait for him to bulk up before writing him off.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,220
And1: 4,782
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#103 » by King Ken » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:41 pm

NotACat wrote:
Stillwater wrote:not sure how we went from 19 to 18 where clearly Bamba,Knox and MPJ lead the pack for busts...so far anyway.
19 is another story yet to be written

I'm still holding on to Bamba stock, not a lot but some. I don't think he's going to be super unicorn he was portrayed as (I just don't think he's agile enough), but I'm going to wait for him to bulk up before writing him off.

I'll take your Bamba stock. I still value it.
I am lukewarm on my MPJ stock, health is something far too valuable.
I never really had any Knox stock and I don't plan on getting any. I don't know his position in the NBA. He is a raw tweener. Out of all lottery picks, him and Jerome Robinson are guys I am more down on than up.

Outside of the lottery, Moritz Wagner and Grayson Allen are the only two guys I am completely out on. Jacob Evans has to redeem himself to me this year as a NBA level talent. Everyone else drafted in the 1st round in 2018 looks like NBA level talents. It's all about where do they go from here.

Some guys have a lot to prove like Brown with Washington, Donte with the Bucks, Robinson, Knox and Bamba from the lottery and Evans and Spellman with the Warriors.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 39,078
And1: 44,605
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#104 » by clyde21 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:16 pm

Jacob Evans is terrible
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 39,017
And1: 5,839
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#105 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:30 pm

King Ken wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Stillwater wrote:not sure how we went from 19 to 18 where clearly Bamba,Knox and MPJ lead the pack for busts...so far anyway.
19 is another story yet to be written

I'm still holding on to Bamba stock, not a lot but some. I don't think he's going to be super unicorn he was portrayed as (I just don't think he's agile enough), but I'm going to wait for him to bulk up before writing him off.

I'll take your Bamba stock. I still value it.
I am lukewarm on my MPJ stock, health is something far too valuable.
I never really had any Knox stock and I don't plan on getting any. I don't know his position in the NBA. He is a raw tweener. Out of all lottery picks, him and Jerome Robinson are guys I am more down on than up.

Outside of the lottery, Moritz Wagner and Grayson Allen are the only two guys I am completely out on. Jacob Evans has to redeem himself to me this year as a NBA level talent. Everyone else drafted in the 1st round in 2018 looks like NBA level talents. It's all about where do they go from here.

Some guys have a lot to prove like Brown with Washington, Donte with the Bucks, Robinson, Knox and Bamba from the lottery and Evans and Spellman with the Warriors.


I'll trade you shares of Bamba stock for shares of Mitchell Robinson stock. :wink:
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
NotACat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,673
And1: 805
Joined: Apr 28, 2018

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#106 » by NotACat » Thu Sep 5, 2019 11:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
King Ken wrote:
NotACat wrote:I'm still holding on to Bamba stock, not a lot but some. I don't think he's going to be super unicorn he was portrayed as (I just don't think he's agile enough), but I'm going to wait for him to bulk up before writing him off.

I'll take your Bamba stock. I still value it.
I am lukewarm on my MPJ stock, health is something far too valuable.
I never really had any Knox stock and I don't plan on getting any. I don't know his position in the NBA. He is a raw tweener. Out of all lottery picks, him and Jerome Robinson are guys I am more down on than up.

Outside of the lottery, Moritz Wagner and Grayson Allen are the only two guys I am completely out on. Jacob Evans has to redeem himself to me this year as a NBA level talent. Everyone else drafted in the 1st round in 2018 looks like NBA level talents. It's all about where do they go from here.

Some guys have a lot to prove like Brown with Washington, Donte with the Bucks, Robinson, Knox and Bamba from the lottery and Evans and Spellman with the Warriors.


I'll trade you shares of Bamba stock for shares of Mitchell Robinson stock. :wink:

I'll take it. I think Bamba will have a better career.
User avatar
Illmatic12
RealGM
Posts: 10,102
And1: 8,375
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#107 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:13 pm

The Darius Garland situation in Cleveland - it’s not looking good .

I think Coby Altman might have drafted a backup guard with the 5th pick
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 39,078
And1: 44,605
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#108 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:The Darius Garland situation in Cleveland - it’s not looking good .

I think Coby Altman might have drafted a backup guard with the 5th pick


lol, have we not learned already not to judge PGs this early? it's been what, 10 games, after he's been out for 6 months before that?

Garland is gonna be a beast, bet on it

sidenote...doesn't really help that he's playing next to Collin Sexton in the back court...what a dumb pairing. they need to trade Sexton ASAP.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
User avatar
Illmatic12
RealGM
Posts: 10,102
And1: 8,375
Joined: Dec 20, 2013
 

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#109 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:42 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:The Darius Garland situation in Cleveland - it’s not looking good .

I think Coby Altman might have drafted a backup guard with the 5th pick


lol, have we not learned already not to judge PGs this early? it's been what, 10 games, after he's been out for 6 months before that?

Garland is gonna be a beast, bet on it

sidenote...doesn't really help that he's playing next to Collin Sexton in the back court...what a dumb pairing. they need to trade Sexton ASAP.

But Garland was never an elite touted prospect to begin with , that’s what scares me. He got drafted top 5 off of what, 5 games ?


Even if you’re high on Garland, objectively we have to admit that this situation should be much more concerning than say , Trae Young or D Fox struggles early on. Those guys had a pedigree and were known ruthless competitors at every level, you could bet on them.

Objectively speaking in Garland we have a small, mediocre athlete guard who 1) can’t and won’t ever defend 2) can’t blow by defenders off dribble 3) can’t finish strong around rim 4) doesn’t get to the line or do anything that would lead to FTs

Even if his shooting picks up - which it will - it still isn’t a guarantee that he’ll be an NBA starter. At that point you’re looking at a lower TS% (lacks the FT drawing) Lou Williams , no? Honestly curious, what do you think is his path to being as good as Lou Will?

Btw Sexton is defending a little now and seems to be improving his shot profile. DG might be the one to use as trade bait
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 39,078
And1: 44,605
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#110 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Illmatic12 wrote:The Darius Garland situation in Cleveland - it’s not looking good .

I think Coby Altman might have drafted a backup guard with the 5th pick


lol, have we not learned already not to judge PGs this early? it's been what, 10 games, after he's been out for 6 months before that?

Garland is gonna be a beast, bet on it

sidenote...doesn't really help that he's playing next to Collin Sexton in the back court...what a dumb pairing. they need to trade Sexton ASAP.

But Garland was never an elite touted prospect to begin with , that’s what scares me. He got drafted top 5 off of what, 5 games ?


Even if you’re high on Garland, objectively we have to admit that this situation should be much more concerning than say , Trae Young or D Fox struggles early on. Those guys had a pedigree and were known ruthless competitors at every level, you could bet on them.

Objectively speaking in Garland we have a small, mediocre athlete guard who 1) can’t and won’t ever defend 2) can’t blow by defenders off dribble 3) can’t finish strong around rim 4) doesn’t get to the line or do anything that would lead to FTs

Even if his shooting picks up - which it will - it still isn’t a guarantee that he’ll be an NBA starter. At that point you’re looking at a lower TS% (lacks the FT drawing) Lou Williams , no? Honestly curious, what do you think is his path to being as good as Lou Will?

Btw Sexton is defending a little now and seems to be improving his shot profile. DG might be the one to use as trade bait


1) Garland was def a top prospect, what are u talking about? why are you acting like he was a non-lotto guy that went top 5? he was virtually top 10, and even top 6 or 7 on almost everyone's boards and mocks.

2) Sexton sucks, he needs to be moved, Garland is an infinitely better PG prospect

i'm not gonna debate you on Garland's path after 10 games in the NBA. his path now is exactly what it was 10 NBA games ago.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
orlandomanic
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,409
And1: 333
Joined: Jan 11, 2012

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#111 » by orlandomanic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:24 am

Barrett right now looks like the classic top three pick bust the way he is shooting in NYC. In the same mold as Beasley, Marvin Williams, Derrick Williams, Anthony Bennett. Evan Turner
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 39,078
And1: 44,605
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#112 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:34 am

orlandomanic wrote:Barrett right now looks like the classic top three pick bust the way he is shooting in NYC. In the same mold as Beasley, Marvin Williams, Derrick Williams, Anthony Bennett. Evan Turner



u trolling huh?
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
anthony00
Analyst
Posts: 3,088
And1: 1,514
Joined: Sep 19, 2017
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#113 » by anthony00 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:40 am

Reddish
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 13,373
And1: 12,812
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#114 » by zimpy27 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:49 am

Cameron Reddish looks like a bust tbh.

Does it count though? It was kind of known and Hawks just took a flyer on him.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,768
And1: 25,005
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#115 » by The_Hater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Stillwater wrote:not sure how we went from 19 to 18 where clearly Bamba,Knox and MPJ lead the pack for busts...so far anyway.
19 is another story yet to be written


I think it’s to early to write off Bamba since he was considered a project all along. But yes, he’s been pretty bad this season and that is cause for concern.

Knox was terrible last season but has improved quite a bit and is still only 20. He’s hitting 41% of his 3’s right now ans has shown improvement across the board.

And MPJ is coming off a major injury and has barely played. 72 career minutes at this point. How does that make him a bust? If he can stay healthy he’s going to be quite good but Denver always knew the risk and the patience involved with making this pick.

Anyways, you missed Jerome Robinson who is the worst of the lottery picks at this point but he was only the 13th pick. All in all, unless people are bailing early on Bamba the 2018 draft isn’t showing a clear bust at this point. And I’m not ready to bail on Bamba.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 39,078
And1: 44,605
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#116 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:57 pm

for 18 i think Robinson, Sexton and Knox are the busts...too early for Bamba i'm still a believer

JJJ is kinda having a disappointing sophomore season but I think it's just a blip

kinda disappointed in Mikal Bridges too, thought he'd be better at this point.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,768
And1: 25,005
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#117 » by The_Hater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:for 18 i think Robinson, Sexton and Knox are the busts...too early for Bamba i'm still a believer

JJJ is kinda having a disappointing sophomore season but I think it's just a blip

kinda disappointed in Mikal Bridges too, thought he'd be better at this point.


Sexton isn’t putting up bust numbers, but I personally don’t view him as a long term NBA starting PG. He just lacks any of the skills needed to play the postion. His BBall IQ is poor but he does play hard and has been a much better shooter than I expected. And I’ve heard that his defense has improved from wretched to just plain bad.

I still think he could carve out a 6th man type of role going forward, his game suits him for that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,597
And1: 2,643
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#118 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:30 pm

The_Hater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:for 18 i think Robinson, Sexton and Knox are the busts...too early for Bamba i'm still a believer

JJJ is kinda having a disappointing sophomore season but I think it's just a blip

kinda disappointed in Mikal Bridges too, thought he'd be better at this point.


Sexton isn’t putting up bust numbers, but I personally don’t view him as a long term NBA starting PG. He just lacks any of the skills needed to play the postion. His BBall IQ is poor but he does play hard and has been a much better shooter than I expected. And I’ve heard that his defense has improved from wretched to just plain bad.

I still think he could carve out a 6th man type of role going forward, his game suits him for that.

lol Sexton is only a bust if you think he is done improving and even then hes not a bust. He was putting up good numbers as a scorer as the season went on last season and playing solid defense this season continuing his improvements offensively despite now playing off ball more showing his versatility... Calling Sexton a bust just plain dumb considering how much he has improved since this time last season and pretty surprising coming from clyde who usually knows his ****
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
The_Hater
RealGM
Posts: 71,768
And1: 25,005
Joined: May 23, 2001
     

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#119 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:46 am

Stillwater wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:for 18 i think Robinson, Sexton and Knox are the busts...too early for Bamba i'm still a believer

JJJ is kinda having a disappointing sophomore season but I think it's just a blip

kinda disappointed in Mikal Bridges too, thought he'd be better at this point.


Sexton isn’t putting up bust numbers, but I personally don’t view him as a long term NBA starting PG. He just lacks any of the skills needed to play the postion. His BBall IQ is poor but he does play hard and has been a much better shooter than I expected. And I’ve heard that his defense has improved from wretched to just plain bad.

I still think he could carve out a 6th man type of role going forward, his game suits him for that.

lol Sexton is only a bust if you think he is done improving and even then hes not a bust. He was putting up good numbers as a scorer as the season went on last season and playing solid defense this season continuing his improvements offensively despite now playing off ball more showing his versatility... Calling Sexton a bust just plain dumb considering how much he has improved since this time last season and pretty surprising coming from clyde who usually knows his ****


I didn’t call Sexton a bust, please reply to the correct post in the future. Thanks.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.


April 14th, 2019.
crows2
Sophomore
Posts: 203
And1: 135
Joined: Apr 01, 2015

Re: Who will be the BUST of the 2019 draft class? 

Post#120 » by crows2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:44 am

clyde21 wrote:for 18 i think Robinson, Sexton and Knox are the busts...too early for Bamba i'm still a believer

JJJ is kinda having a disappointing sophomore season but I think it's just a blip

kinda disappointed in Mikal Bridges too, thought he'd be better at this point.


Robinson and Knox were the most easily projectable busts in the lottery last year. Robinson was a huge reach at the time and Knox was always going to be a risk.

I liked Bamba but there were definitely many sceptics at draft time and they’ll probably get that one right.

I always felt JJJ was a bit overrated but his regression has surprised me. Hopefully he gets back to last year’s impact soon as Clarke is clearly outplaying him at the moment.

Mikal Bridges is definitely a wait and see.

Return to NBA Draft