Who will be the STEAL of the 2019 NBA draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, Marcus

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Re: Who will be the STEAL of the 2019 NBA draft? 

Post#381 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:Dort...another example of NBA GMs idiocy...how they let this dude go undrafted still boggles my mind

clyde21 wrote:biggest issues are decision making and efficiency. good news is that his TS% is up to 54% in conference which is good news, but turnovers are also up, which is still problematic.

like I said earlier...he's got a bit of Westbrook in him in that his body sometimes seems to move quicker than his brain because his so talented but the baseline talent on its own is definitely worthy of a lotto pick. It's the BBIQ and nuances of the game that are in question.

clyde21 wrote:he's like Rawle Alkins from last year, but better. high end potential is probably somewhere around Victor Oladipo if everything goes right for him.

right it's not like he wasnt killing it predraft either
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 50,702

Post#382 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:13 am

Keldon tho?

clyde21 wrote:I was impressed by Keldon today. i think we saw glimpses of what his role will be in the NBA today as he got a lot of transition opportunities which is where he kind of excels vs. the half-court
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 862

Post#383 » by Roddy B for 3 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 4:38 am

clyde21 wrote:Keldon tho?

clyde21 wrote:I was impressed by Keldon today. i think we saw glimpses of what his role will be in the NBA today as he got a lot of transition opportunities which is where he kind of excels vs. the half-court

3&D with transition scoring game I had him 11 on my board.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
clyde21
RealGM

Post#384 » by clyde21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 am

breakout game for NAW tonight, took longer than I thought but it's finally here. better get more mins after tonight.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
916fan
Senior
And1: 310

Post#385 » by 916fan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 pm

clyde21 wrote:Dort...another example of NBA GMs idiocy...how they let this dude go undrafted still boggles my mind

clyde21 wrote:biggest issues are decision making and efficiency. good news is that his TS% is up to 54% in conference which is good news, but turnovers are also up, which is still problematic.

like I said earlier...he's got a bit of Westbrook in him in that his body sometimes seems to move quicker than his brain because his so talented but the baseline talent on its own is definitely worthy of a lotto pick. It's the BBIQ and nuances of the game that are in question.

clyde21 wrote:he's like Rawle Alkins from last year, but better. high end potential is probably somewhere around Victor Oladipo if everything goes right for him.

I think some NBA GMs and scouts are just as bad as we think they are. I know the draft is a crap shoot, but you can't convince me that there aren't horrible ones out there when you have Vlade Divac passing up on Luka Doncic for Marvin Bagley. Or how about the time he drafted Georgios Papagiannis.

Some NBA GMs are super incompetent. I don't think scouting is actually this hard. If NFL teams can sort through 11-12 positions and hundreds of prospects, I don't get how the NBA can't do the same with a much smaller talent pool. I think armchair GMs here have better scouting abilities than some actual scouts.....
clyde21
RealGM

Post#386 » by clyde21 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:48 am

Keldon 29 piece tonight

pretty insane how deep this class is turning out to be.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE

Return to NBA Draft