Who will be the STEAL of the 2019 NBA draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Re: Who will be the STEAL of the 2019 NBA draft? 

Post#401 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:38 pm

Stillwater wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:always going back to one post where I clearly said Holiday was a better defender than Trae as an obvious dig on Trae given Holidays crap defensive ability is all you got.
Sexton is far better than you ever expected and you know it. Trae and your buddy Cam are not Luka no matter what you think of my opinion and pretty much every person on Earth knows that much.
Trae is a manipulator of the game and even his own coach got fired for complaining about his bs antics. eventually it will come back to haunt the Hawks but I guess you cant see that and love your chucker.
This was my final bb in the 2018 draft and yeah I missed on a lot
but I clearly had Trae way ahead of Holiday as a prospect so this logic you are pushing is garbage
final big board
6-21-18
1 Luka Doncic
2 Jaren Jackson
3 Deandre Ayton
4 Marvin Bagley
5 Mo Bamba
6 Micheal Porter
7 Collin Sexton
8 Miles Bridges
9 Kevin Huerter
10 Kevin Knox
11 Wendal Carter
12 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
13 Trae Young
14 Khyri Thomas
15 Zhaire Smith
16 Mitchell Robinson
17 De'Anthony Melton
18 Mikal Bridges
19 Lonnie Walker
20 Troy Brown
21 Landry Shamet
22 Anfernee Simons
23 Chandler Hutchinson
24 Jerome Robinson
25 Jacob Evans
26 Aaron Holiday
27 Bruce Brown
28 Dzanan Musa
29 Moritz Wagner
30 Melvin Frazier

As I said, you ranked them again after the season started and had Trae in the late 20's, below Holiday.

I like how a minute ago you acknowledge that yhou had Holiday ahead of Trae and tried to say it was because of defense, but now you find some old post of yours and you are now claiming you never had Holiday ahead of Trae.

You need to figure out which side of your mouth to talk out of.

The point you keep trying to make is pathetic. I doubt I said Holiday was the better prospect...I said he was the better defender lol.
Nothing has changed about my opinion that Trae is a terrible defender and will give up everything he produces offensively as a result regardless of his court vision and chucking ways. Thats is reality.
Maybe I deserve some scrutiny for rubbing it in about the hawks failures trading back and missing out on the generational Luka
for a kid who is on the block and you boy who by all accounts is not an all star by any metric despite his vision because of what he has to do to get to the charity stripe.
I am guessing outside of ATL there are very few orgs that would have fired their coach to support the kid.
Reddish was 42nd on my 2019 big board and I stand by that too.
btw this 18 board was made before the draft genius

no **** it was before the draft smart guy. The one where your dumbass had Holiday ahead of Trae was made after their rookie season had already started. makes it even worse on your end.

Keep lying though, one of these days I'll figure out how to find that old thread and there's gonna be a reckoning.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#402 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:51 pm

Stillwater wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:always going back to one post where I clearly said Holiday was a better defender than Trae as an obvious dig on Trae given Holidays crap defensive ability is all you got.
Sexton is far better than you ever expected and you know it. Trae and your buddy Cam are not Luka no matter what you think of my opinion and pretty much every person on Earth knows that much.
Trae is a manipulator of the game and even his own coach got fired for complaining about his bs antics. eventually it will come back to haunt the Hawks but I guess you cant see that and love your chucker.
This was my final bb in the 2018 draft and yeah I missed on a lot
but I clearly had Trae way ahead of Holiday as a prospect so this logic you are pushing is garbage
final big board
6-21-18
1 Luka Doncic
2 Jaren Jackson
3 Deandre Ayton
4 Marvin Bagley
5 Mo Bamba
6 Micheal Porter
7 Collin Sexton
8 Miles Bridges
9 Kevin Huerter
10 Kevin Knox
11 Wendal Carter
12 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
13 Trae Young
14 Khyri Thomas
15 Zhaire Smith
16 Mitchell Robinson
17 De'Anthony Melton
18 Mikal Bridges
19 Lonnie Walker
20 Troy Brown
21 Landry Shamet
22 Anfernee Simons
23 Chandler Hutchinson
24 Jerome Robinson
25 Jacob Evans
26 Aaron Holiday
27 Bruce Brown
28 Dzanan Musa
29 Moritz Wagner
30 Melvin Frazier

As I said, you ranked them again after the season started and had Trae in the late 20's, below Holiday.

I like how a minute ago you acknowledge that yhou had Holiday ahead of Trae and tried to say it was because of defense, but now you find some old post of yours and you are now claiming you never had Holiday ahead of Trae.

The point you keep trying to make is pathetic. I doubt I said Holiday was the better prospect...I said he was the better defender lol.
Nothing has changed about my opinion that Trae is a terrible defender and will give up everything he produces offensively as a result regardless of his court vision and chucking ways. Thats is reality.
Maybe I deserve some scrutiny for rubbing it in about the hawks failures trading back and missing out on the generational Luka
for a kid who is on the block and you boy who by all accounts is not an all star by any metric despite his vision because of what he has to do to get to the charity stripe.
I am guessing outside of ATL there are very few orgs that would have fired their coach to support the kid.

Stillwater wrote:
right now it looks like
Luka
JJJ
Kurucs
Carter
Young
Ayton
Bagley
M.Robinson
Huerter
Shamet

but there are a lot of injured players,
this is way too soon etc.
in 3 yrs if players begin to reach their potentials:
Luka
JJJ
Bagley
Sexton
Walker
Simons
SGA
Kurucs
Carter
Holiday

There ya go buddy, not calling you a liar, let's just say you have selective memory :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is from 2019. Notice how there is no mention of defense or any other qualifier. You clearly have Aaron Friggen Holiday being a better player than Trae in year 3 of their careers.

knowing your dumbass, you probably still believe it.

BUSTED!
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#403 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:22 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Stillwater wrote:
right now it looks like
Luka
JJJ
Kurucs
Carter
Young
Ayton
Bagley
M.Robinson
Huerter
Shamet

but there are a lot of injured players,
this is way too soon etc.
in 3 yrs if players begin to reach their potentials:
Luka
JJJ
Bagley
Sexton
Walker
Simons
SGA
Kurucs
Carter
Holiday

There ya go buddy, not calling you a liar, let's just say you have selective memory :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is from 2019. Notice how there is no mention of defense or any other qualifier. You clearly have Aaron Friggen Holiday being a better player than Trae in year 3 of their careers.

knowing your dumbass, you probably still believe it.

BUSTED!

LOL that was from a REDRAFT BOARD nice try buddy... :lol:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1808638&p=73148557&hilit=holiday#p73148557
I would never have passed on drafting Luka as he was the highest rated player on my board.
regardless of how players are valued in your head which is clearly where I live now...it changes nothing about the fact that trae Young is a sht defender and cannot be a pg on a contender anymore than Holiday can. Oh and btw every time I inserted Holidays name it was a dig on Trae and nothing more
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#404 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 7, 2021 1:25 am

Stillwater wrote:Cam Reddish is already on the block ? I bet they think he is worth something in a trade right? he still has a ton of upside lol

Neither Cam or Bogi was ever on the trade block and Cam showed in the playoffs that his potential to be the best in this class is legit. Once again, you fans that don't watch the Hawks don't know and never will. I wish you would just be a normal fan, watch and shut it.

Everything you ever say is wrong or dead ass wrong. You said Trae sucks and will never win in the playoffs. ECF! You said Reddish was the 48th best player in his class, once again, dead ass wrong. Your outrageously bad hot takes never cease to amaze me. You make Paul Pierce look like Johnathan Givony. You might be the WOAT. Cam is in year 2, Wings take time, year 3 is usually when they breakout. He's finally healthy but you so badly want him to be a bust, it's insane.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#405 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 7, 2021 1:38 am

King Ken wrote:I have 5 of them.

1. Cam Reddish - I strongly believe he can be the best player in this class and could be the best player in the NBA one day. My comparison for him is Jamal Crawford - scoring and creativity in space, Jodie Meeks movement ability, T-Mac body, size and fluidity, and PG13 defensive instinct and tools. Teams goofed up passing on him going to the team with great space.

2. Rui - Teams goofed up again. Explosiveness in tight space - check, big ass hands - check, forward skills with shooting touch - check. His defense needs work but the tools are there. He does disappear at times but he is so freakish, finding players to guard him is nearly impossible and you will just double him but guess what, he can move the rock too. Internet scouts overly scouted him and missed on his obvious gifts. Potential superstar.

3. Jaxson Hayes - Teams goofed up again. Explosiveness, speed, Odell hands, agility, 7ft, shooting touch and feel for the game. Man, passing on him was foolish. Easy mistake for those who did it. He is not there due to needing time in the gym but like Mo Bamba, you will regret passing on him in his prime. Griffin did his thing.

4. Herro - I underrated him for awhile till I saw the tape. His ass can shoot, is athletic, can handle with both hands, can really shoot it and got a crazy ass feel for the game. Miami got them one and he will wreck havoc in the east for along time once he adjust to the pace of the game and the quality of PGs in the NBA. He got easy gas, stats lied on this man, he got some sauce.

5. Cody White - He really gonna **** the league up something serious when his shot is right. He really like Arenas but got more PG skills and a better feel for being patience. 7-10 in this draft can change the league for the next 10-15 years.

1. Reddish - Rough 2nd season due to an Achilles injury in the preseason where he was our most productive player with Hunter. In the playoffs, really showed his elite two-way potential and was the top trend on Twitter and in the NBA world. Will play in SL in 2021.

2. Rui - Was one that really impressed me in SL. Had a rough 2nd year but his playoffs was probably 2nd best on his team after Beal. He flashed exceptional potential in the playoffs.

3. Hayes - Better 2nd year than 1st but still has to find his place in today's NBA. It always takes bigs longer. Generally, till their 2nd contract to really get it when they are so young and raw. The book is still wide-open for him.

4. Herro - His rookie year was amazing but his drop off as a Soph was painful. Rough playoffs in 2021 after an amazing one in 2020. He's someone that I feel still has the potential to be a good PG in time, even if that's not in Miami.

5. White - Fit is so critical. Him and Gafford was a great fit. They moved Gafford who had tremendous success for WAS. Maybe his fit is with the next team and not the Bulls. This is such a hard league.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#406 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 7, 2021 2:11 am

King Ken wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Cam Reddish is already on the block ? I bet they think he is worth something in a trade right? he still has a ton of upside lol

Neither Cam or Bogi was ever on the trade block and Cam showed in the playoffs that his potential to be the best in this class is legit. Once again, you fans that don't watch the Hawks don't know and never will. I wish you would just be a normal fan, watch and shut it.

Everything you ever say is wrong or dead ass wrong. You said Trae sucks and will never win in the playoffs. ECF! You said Reddish was the 48th best player in his class, once again, dead ass wrong. Your outrageously bad hot takes never cease to amaze me. You make Paul Pierce look like Johnathan Givony. You might be the WOAT. Cam is in year 2, Wings take time, year 3 is usually when they breakout. He's finally healthy but you so badly want him to be a bust, it's insane.

I still do not respect trae nearly as much as the average person and he is about to get slowed a lot when his foul baiting ends next season lol Props to ATL for getting actual defenders around him though because they at least covered for him some despite Jrue shutting him down in an elimination game no suprises there
Reddish looked good in one series where noone was expecting it, lets see him do it all season then I will eat crow.
My takes are not nearly as pathetic as your chest pounding over nothing aka losing
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#407 » by mattg » Thu Jul 8, 2021 2:27 am

Stillwater wrote:
King Ken wrote:

I still do not respect trae nearly as much as the average person and he is about to get slowed a lot when his foul baiting ends next season lol Props to ATL for getting actual defenders around him though because they at least covered for him some despite Jrue shutting him down in an elimination game no suprises there
Reddish looked good in one series where noone was expecting it, lets see him do it all season then I will eat crow.
My takes are not nearly as pathetic as your chest pounding over nothing aka losing

LOL let's be honest, Reddish looked good for ONE HALF where he had his best shooting performance of any game in his entire life at any level. Thinking that that is indicative of anything going forward is just the delusional Hawks fans clinging to hope. Reddish still absolutely cannot dribble without falling and tripping over himself, and he can't gather the ball off the bounce to be able to finish at the rim at all. If he puts it together he can potentially be the Donte Divincenzo of SFs.

Also, the same Hawks fans that still can't seem to grasp that once Milwaukee started switching on defense and not giving tons of free space Trae was completely stymied on offense and so was the entire Hawks team, even pre Trae injury. The Hawks literally only could get super deep pull up 3s, or a face up J from Collins or Gallo in the post with any consistency. And with the incoming rule changes that will undoubtedly affect Trae's efficiency the Hawks are going to experience a huge regression year. They're a 6th-8th seed next year if things go very well.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#408 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jul 8, 2021 12:57 pm

Trae is amazing, ya'll need to let that one go. One of the top young studs alive.

Reddish is complete trash though, don't even bother with that one either. lol
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
King Ken
General Manager

Post#409 » by King Ken » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:27 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Trae is amazing, ya'll need to let that one go. One of the top young studs alive.

Reddish is complete trash though, don't even bother with that one either. lol

Good to see you coming around on Trae. That's growth and development on your part. The kid is a monster.

Sad to see you completely behind the 8-ball on Cam Reddish who will likely end up being one of the best players if not the best player in this draft class. It's okay to lack foresight. I'll excuse that. Cam Reddish is a beast. 6.5 BPM in the playoffs. Lead the playoffs in 3P%, 6th in steals playing only 23MPGs, 59th at blocks, 48th at FG%, 29th at 3PM, 12th in TS, 27th in PIE, top 10 of STL%, top 50 of BLK%, top 75 of FD, 6th in deflections, 6th in PPT(Massive), 1st in EFG% and FG% for C&S, 48th in C&S PPG, 18th on EFG% and FG% for pull up shooting, 8th in EFG% for shooting efficiency, 2nd avg speed def, 41th avg speed off, and 4th in avg speed with a min of 20MPG played.

See, I don't think you get it at all. The reason why Cam Reddish is a monster is that he's something we have never seen before. He can cover ground like a Hawk. When his shot mechanics are sound, he's a lights-out shooter who can shoot with high-end variance, he can put the ball on the deck and get to the rack even if his handles are a tad loose and he doesn't always drive in control. He has good court vision. He's 6'9-6'10ish but moves like a 6'3 guard. He's not normal. He gets on-ball blocks, that's extremely hard to do but it's critical for perimeter defenders who are elite. His point per touch when he's shooting well is normally in the top 5 of the NBA with guys like T. Ross, Norm Powell, Zion, and Jordan Clarkson. That means with limited touches, he's a freaking bucket. You see, Cam Reddish is a monster. When he hits his peak, he will be one of the most impactful players in this league and it's not close.

Once again, you are out of the loop but luckily, I am here to help you get on track. Before you say something like, what about the regular season, Cam had an Achilles injury in one of our preseason games with Memphis which lingered and hurt his production which is why he missed so much time. He was our most productive player when the preseason ended with the highest PIE.

What prime Cam Reddish will be is a scoring bucket like Norm Powell, with the okay passing metrics but he will be able to create for others, a lights-out shooter who can score on all three levels. Defensively, he's something like a cross between Ben Simmons and Danny Green. He can cover a lot of ground and defend multiple positions like Green but he's athletic enough to really impact your offensive value like Simmons. He's not quite Simmons but he in some ways can be better considering his movement is relentless and consistent. He's a special talent, it's all about consistency moving forward which I believe will come soon.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#410 » by King Ken » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:31 pm

So far: Herro and Reddish are taking massively leaps, anyone else for year 3
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#411 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Reddish played 4 games in the playoffs and 3 games this season...

Return to NBA Draft