Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

remi_222
Junior
Posts: 448
And1: 298
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#1 » by remi_222 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1159454952063995905&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbasket-infos.com%2F2019%2F08%2F08%2Fles-highlights-du-tres-bon-match-de-theo-maledon-face-a-la-tunisie%2F
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 35,457
And1: 40,072
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:44 pm

looks okay, still don't see top 10 guy, kinda slow, not very sudden in his movements, passing is good but nothing special, good body and doesn't necessarily know how to use it yet

could possibly develop into a top 10 guy over the course of the season but I just don't it at this point
remi_222
Junior
Posts: 448
And1: 298
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#3 » by remi_222 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:looks okay, still don't see top 10 guy, kinda slow, not very sudden in his movements, passing is good but nothing special, good body and doesn't necessarily know how to use it yet

could possibly develop into a top 10 guy over the course of the season but I just don't it at this point


He's 17, already won the French championship with a lot of responsabilities.
He's not the flashiest you're right, but a great floor general, great defense!
A lot of room for growing, but surely a top pick for next year
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 35,457
And1: 40,072
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:50 pm

remi_222 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:looks okay, still don't see top 10 guy, kinda slow, not very sudden in his movements, passing is good but nothing special, good body and doesn't necessarily know how to use it yet

could possibly develop into a top 10 guy over the course of the season but I just don't it at this point


He's 17, already won the French championship with a lot of responsabilities.
He's not the flashiest you're right, but a great floor general, great defense!
A lot of room for growing, but surely a top pick for next year


what do you mean by 'top pick'?
remi_222
Junior
Posts: 448
And1: 298
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#5 » by remi_222 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:looks okay, still don't see top 10 guy, kinda slow, not very sudden in his movements, passing is good but nothing special, good body and doesn't necessarily know how to use it yet

could possibly develop into a top 10 guy over the course of the season but I just don't it at this point


He's 17, already won the French championship with a lot of responsabilities.
He's not the flashiest you're right, but a great floor general, great defense!
A lot of room for growing, but surely a top pick for next year


what do you mean by 'top pick'?


5-10 ! Not being a typical PG in the NBA, but being more a floor general with a great IQ but less flashy and fast than other PG in his class , will put him out of the top 5 picks i think!
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 35,457
And1: 40,072
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#6 » by clyde21 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:12 pm

remi_222 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
He's 17, already won the French championship with a lot of responsabilities.
He's not the flashiest you're right, but a great floor general, great defense!
A lot of room for growing, but surely a top pick for next year


what do you mean by 'top pick'?


5-10 ! Not being a typical PG in the NBA, but being more a floor general with a great IQ but less flashy and fast than other PG in his class , will put him out of the top 5 picks i think!


ehh, I dunno, primarily on-ball guards who are not quick enough to separate consistently against defenders aren't not really that sought after, unless he's the special as a floor general which he could be but I am not seeing it yet.

he also doesn't seem like a great transition guy which is another important aspect today
kobyz
Senior
Posts: 560
And1: 118
Joined: Oct 31, 2006

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#7 » by kobyz » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:35 pm

Reminds a lot Alexander-Walker
User avatar
Ferulci
Starter
Posts: 2,083
And1: 1,409
Joined: Nov 15, 2009
Location: France

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#8 » by Ferulci » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:36 pm

People I know that closely follow french league all say he's a better prospect and player Ntilikina was at the same age.
roldy wrote:Jason Terry admitted he used the strength and blessings from God to help him through the games. He can't take Lebron 1v1.
remi_222
Junior
Posts: 448
And1: 298
Joined: May 09, 2012
Location: Paris
   

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#9 » by remi_222 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Ferulci wrote:People I know that closely follow french league all say he's a better prospect and player Ntilikina was at the same age.


He definitely has more confidence offensively than Ntilikina, but defensively, Frank is at an other level !
a-French-Fan
Freshman
Posts: 63
And1: 29
Joined: Jun 29, 2017
 

Re: Theo Maledon (top pick 2020 draft) 

Post#10 » by a-French-Fan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:56 am

I think Ntilikina is not the good reference for Maledon. The reference is TP9. Like TP did 20 Yeats ago (oh s*** I get old!), he can score. But scoring is not the more important. Actually I think doing what team needs is the more important. Indeed, he seems to respect hierarchy, to respect Mantas Kalnietis and Demarcus Nelson, so he learns the job and does it very well, doesn't try to overplay. But when the team needs, he can create his own shoot, often obtains fouls and is a great FT shooter (90-95%). Like he doesn't know what pressure mean.
The Bad point last year was défense, but he seriously improved. Of course, he is not at Frank's level.
An other point is his environment, opoortunity to play eurocup last year, a good coach with Mitrovic, two goods mentors every day with Kalnietis and Nelson, and his president Tony Parker, a legend able to give him very good advices.

Last point : we are expecting him as our leader for Paris 2024, but don't forget Killian Hayes as an other great prospect. He didn't have same conditions to develop last year, so keep an eye on him for next Season in Eurocup

Return to NBA Draft