[Video] Who is going to win the rookie of the year?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BengalUND
Ballboy
And1: 11

[Video] Who is going to win the rookie of the year? 

Post#1 » by BengalUND » Fri Aug 9, 2019 9:54 pm

My friend and I made a debate video on youtube about who we think is going to win rookie of the year. We would love it if you got in on this discussion as well! Also, don't feel any pressure to go watch the video. I understand if you view this as spam, and would rather skip it.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Re: [Video] Who is going to win the rookie of the year? 

Post#2 » by PoundTown » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:48 pm

For me it's a toss up between Terence Davis and Dewan Hernandez with Zion having an outside chance.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#3 » by oldshoolballer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:56 am

Rui Hachimura
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:22 pm

JA is at the top of my list , but Zion is the clear favorite due to the number of NAT tv spots Pels have in addition to the strong chance the roster they put together can make a 8th seed in his rookie season where the Griz are very unlikely to be that good
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#5 » by King Ken » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 pm

One of these six players: Zion, Ja, R.J. Cam, Rui, or Herro

Cases:

Zion won't have the green light like he did at Duke but he will put up high impact defensive numbers on a great defensive team. That might be enough to get him the reward. The highlights will be amazing.

Ja reminds me of a blend of Westbrook passing and explosiveness, with Brandon Jennings game with D. Fox body. He will put up numbers. Just think it will take him awhile to adjust in terms of W/Ls

R.J. will likely put up the best raw numbers and the worst analytics. He would likely win in 2009 but in today's game, I can't see him winning on a bad team.

Cam Reddish would fit any team defensively as a rookie and especially help them with perimeter defense. With the Hawks, he is the perfect offensive fit and could reach his optimal floor and ceiling with the Hawks. He could break the NBA.

Rui is my Donovan Mitchell of this year. He is a major addition to a team who needed a legit #2 option who's a big man. It's the perfect situation for him since Beal will be the lead guard.

Herro will get a lot more chances than most top 30 picks in this draft and should put up some numbers. He has an outside shot but watchout for him.

I do think Coby White, Garland, Grant Williams, J. Culver, D. Hunter, Carson Edwards, Miye Oni, Mfiondu Kabengele, Bruno Fernando, Daniel Gafford, Brandon Clarke and Alen Smailagic will come into the conversation at some point of the year for best rookies.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#6 » by MemphisX » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:23 am

Ben Simmons?
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g

Return to NBA Draft