Who's the preseason #1 pick?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

Who's the preasons #1 pick?

Cole Anthony
15
33%
Deni Avdija
0
No votes
LaMelo Ball
2
4%
Anthony Edwards
12
27%
RJ Hampton
1
2%
Scottie Lewis
1
2%
Jaden McDaniels
0
No votes
Amar Sylla
0
No votes
James Wiseman
10
22%
OTHER
4
9%
 
Total votes: 45

User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#1 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:34 pm

seems pretty open at this point, so let's vote for it and see how it changes moving forward.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 13,725
And1: 3,072
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#2 » by Fischella » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 pm

It's fairly obviously Cole Anthony
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,192
And1: 4,775
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#3 » by King Ken » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Anthony Edwards.

Obviously, the team matters. The Knicks or Cavs likely taking Wiseman
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm

King Ken wrote:Anthony Edwards.

Obviously, the team matters. The Knicks or Cavs likely taking Wiseman


if it's team dependent then you can't really say he's a #1 pick...a true #1 pick goes #1 regardless of who's picking...like Zion or Towns or Simmons or Davis.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 10,523
And1: 2,622
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:57 pm

most of the options listed are more likely at this stage but I think Achiuwa is definitely in the conversation by mid season.
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,192
And1: 4,775
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#6 » by King Ken » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Anthony Edwards.

Obviously, the team matters. The Knicks or Cavs likely taking Wiseman


if it's team dependent then you can't really say he's a #1 pick...a true #1 pick goes #1 regardless of who's picking...like Zion or Towns or Simmons or Davis.

Simmons or Towns wasn't clear cut like Zion and AD at that time
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#7 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 pm

King Ken wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Anthony Edwards.

Obviously, the team matters. The Knicks or Cavs likely taking Wiseman


if it's team dependent then you can't really say he's a #1 pick...a true #1 pick goes #1 regardless of who's picking...like Zion or Towns or Simmons or Davis.

Simmons or Towns wasn't clear cut like Zion and AD at that time


it still wasn't a question of which team was picking #1, they were both going #1 regardless.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
LSandersBong
Freshman
Posts: 79
And1: 37
Joined: Jan 23, 2019
 

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#8 » by LSandersBong » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 pm

Voted Cole Anthony but James Wiseman and Anthony Edwards are in the mix as well, RJ Hampton would be in the mix as well but don't think he will get enough of a burn in the NBl to make a run at the top of the draft,
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,141
And1: 1,478
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#9 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:47 pm

This time last year I was saying Cole Anthony should reclassify and be a guaranteed top 3 pick in the draft, and I stand by that assessment. The main knock on him is his age (he's older than Zion, RJ, and Jaxson Hayes) so I could see someone like Edwards or Wiseman being a higher upside choice if they have a monster season as well, but Anthony is going to be extremely productive in Coby White's spot at UNC.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:50 pm

nolang1 wrote:This time last year I was saying Cole Anthony should reclassify and be a guaranteed top 3 pick in the draft, and I stand by that assessment. The main knock on him is his age (he's older than Zion, RJ, and Jaxson Hayes) so I could see someone like Edwards or Wiseman being a higher upside choice if they have a monster season as well, but Anthony is going to be extremely productive in Coby White's spot at UNC.


Cole's essentially sophomore aged, he'd be older than Ja at time of draft

Precious and Scottie Lewis are on the older side too
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,141
And1: 1,478
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#11 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:This time last year I was saying Cole Anthony should reclassify and be a guaranteed top 3 pick in the draft, and I stand by that assessment. The main knock on him is his age (he's older than Zion, RJ, and Jaxson Hayes) so I could see someone like Edwards or Wiseman being a higher upside choice if they have a monster season as well, but Anthony is going to be extremely productive in Coby White's spot at UNC.


Cole's essentially sophomore aged, he'd be older than Ja at time of draft

Precious and Scottie Lewis are on the older side too


Well yeah, pointing out that he's older than one-and-done players selected in the previous draft should've been sufficient there. Obviously if I was saying he should reclassify, I realized that he was on the older side for his class.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#12 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:05 pm

nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:This time last year I was saying Cole Anthony should reclassify and be a guaranteed top 3 pick in the draft, and I stand by that assessment. The main knock on him is his age (he's older than Zion, RJ, and Jaxson Hayes) so I could see someone like Edwards or Wiseman being a higher upside choice if they have a monster season as well, but Anthony is going to be extremely productive in Coby White's spot at UNC.


Cole's essentially sophomore aged, he'd be older than Ja at time of draft

Precious and Scottie Lewis are on the older side too


Well yeah, pointing out that he's older than one-and-done players selected in the previous draft should've been sufficient there. Obviously if I was saying he should reclassify, I realized that he was on the older side for his class.


just following up on the observation, no need to flex nuts per usual kid.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,141
And1: 1,478
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#13 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Cole's essentially sophomore aged, he'd be older than Ja at time of draft

Precious and Scottie Lewis are on the older side too


Well yeah, pointing out that he's older than one-and-done players selected in the previous draft should've been sufficient there. Obviously if I was saying he should reclassify, I realized that he was on the older side for his class.


just following up on the observation, no need to flex nuts per usual kid.


No need to post useless drivel per usual, which you managed to do two times in a row.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:13 pm

nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Well yeah, pointing out that he's older than one-and-done players selected in the previous draft should've been sufficient there. Obviously if I was saying he should reclassify, I realized that he was on the older side for his class.


just following up on the observation, no need to flex nuts per usual kid.


No need to post useless drivel per usual, which you managed to do two times in a row.


speaking of useless drivel, if you just want the last word I'll give it to you big guy, just say so.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,141
And1: 1,478
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#15 » by nolang1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
just following up on the observation, no need to flex nuts per usual kid.


No need to post useless drivel per usual, which you managed to do two times in a row.


speaking of useless drivel, if you just want the last word I'll give it to you big guy, just say so.


Ok if you want to kill yourself, go ahead. Otherwise I'm indifferent as to what you do.
LofJ
General Manager
Posts: 8,726
And1: 6,014
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#16 » by LofJ » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Anyway, I voted for Cole Anthony because he will likely fill up the stat sheet playing in Roy Williams' offense. I think Anthony Edwards will be really productive as well, but I'm not as confident that he'll hit the ground running and play well early in the season.
Image
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 38,853
And1: 44,273
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#17 » by clyde21 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 pm

nolang1 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
No need to post useless drivel per usual, which you managed to do two times in a row.


speaking of useless drivel, if you just want the last word I'll give it to you big guy, just say so.


Ok if you want to kill yourself, go ahead. Otherwise I'm indifferent as to what you do.


you sure? because it sure seems like you're trying hard to get the last word in. like I said little man, if you want it that bad just say you, I got u.
#freepalestine
#BernieBro
Nazrmohamed
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,284
And1: 2,021
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#18 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:58 pm

King Ken wrote:Anthony Edwards.

Obviously, the team matters. The Knicks or Cavs likely taking Wiseman
Nazrmohamed
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,284
And1: 2,021
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#19 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:07 pm

King Ken wrote:Anthony Edwards.

Obviously, the team matters. The Knicks or Cavs likely taking Wiseman


I'm definitely taking Edwards from the Knicks perspective. I'd rather create a logjam at the wings than at C.

Mitch is sortve our most reliable prospect right now. If he never gets much wider in his skillset except hes physically stronger and gains some experience hes potentially a defensive POY once or twice in his career. Could Wiseman be better? Of course, but how much more valuable. Centers dont move the needle as much as they used to.

Edwards looking like Wade out there. I'd rather the Knicks spend thier highest potential on the perimeter and if a lower prospect like a Dotson/Trier/ Ntilikina need to be traded to make room that's ideal.
EMG518
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,928
And1: 450
Joined: Mar 11, 2012

Re: Who's the preseason #1 pick? 

Post#20 » by EMG518 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 am

Voted Edwards, I like Lewis as well.

Return to NBA Draft