Tyrell Terry and Spencer Jones

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Tyrell Terry and Spencer Jones 

Post#41 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:12 pm

EvanZ wrote:Ja is like 170. Trae is like 175. I think Tyrell will get to that range once he gets on an NBA strength and conditioning program.

Tyrell has a way worse frame though, and Trae has gained, he is around 185 now, and was 178 as a prospect

They are also historically talented, not sure if that makes sense since well, Terry isn't

I mean he can't really dribble
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Post#42 » by DirtyDez » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Hope he comes back to play with Ziaire.

i think he should but it sounds like he's getting 1st round promises, so I doubt it.

If he’s got a promise then he should go but I think he’d be lotto material with another year. I’m really high on his potential to be a complete PG.

The P12 got ravaged by the pros taking their PG’s; Terry, Nico, Nix and Remy if he stays in. Pritchard was a Sr.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#43 » by getrichordie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 pm

clyde21 wrote:

i think he should but it sounds like he's getting 1st round promises, so I doubt it.

Source?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Post#44 » by EvanZ » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:36 pm

Fischella wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Ja is like 170. Trae is like 175. I think Tyrell will get to that range once he gets on an NBA strength and conditioning program.

Tyrell has a way worse frame though, and Trae has gained, he is around 185 now, and was 178 as a prospect

They are also historically talented, not sure if that makes sense since well, Terry isn't

There are a lot of things we could compare, but in this case the discussion was about a guy physically holding his own. Yeah Trae gained. Guess what guys gain weight. No reason for me to think Tyrell is the first guy in history who can't gain any weight when he's put on an NBA program.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#45 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:41 am

Tyrell is super interesting to me. No dancing around the fact that he is tiny and has a frame that doesn't offer much max out potential. BUT, he is a fantastic shooter with good feel and is surprisingly great at not only getting to the basket, but also converting. A lot of guys need to add weight in order to finish better, the fact that he's already adequate there as a pipsqueak bodes well for him.

If he can get to ~180 and improve his handles, hard to see him not succeeding.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#46 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:13 am

I don't worry particularly about Terry's weight even if he is frame is trash, I do worry about his lack of arm extension, ability to push the ball, first step, and handle

He is just not a lead guard
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#47 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:20 pm

getrichordie wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Source?

Not about getting promises but according to Vecenie in today’s mock that he posted Tyrell is literally being considered for a first round pick.

Terry is one of the tougher prospects to pinpoint within the mock draft right now. Most teams that spoke with The Athletic throughout the season said that he was expected to return to school, and thus he was lower on their to-do list when it came to catching up on games from a logistical perspective. But as said to The Athletic on Tuesday, Terry’s current plan is to stay in the draft. And a lot of evaluators who have gone back recently have Terry as a clear top 40 guy who should be strongly considered in the first round.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#48 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 2, 2020 3:23 pm

Fischella wrote:

He sortve like a Ricki Boubua type of prospect, although Ricky wasn't that bad when he came in. Of course injuries ruined his career.

But I dont think Terry is a bad prospect. I mean, every team consists of players of varying skill levels. If you go onto a draft thinking everybody has to be a star you'll be disappointed. I'd say hes similar to Trae in how he scores but probably is more if a bench guy. Maybe eventual 6th man - 8th man and when you look at where hes projected it looks about right 30-40.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#49 » by EvanZ » Mon May 4, 2020 4:48 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Fischella wrote:

He sortve like a Ricki Boubua type of prospect, although Ricky wasn't that bad when he came in. Of course injuries ruined his career.

But I dont think Terry is a bad prospect. I mean, every team consists of players of varying skill levels. If you go onto a draft thinking everybody has to be a star you'll be disappointed. I'd say hes similar to Trae in how he scores but probably is more if a bench guy. Maybe eventual 6th man - 8th man and when you look at where hes projected it looks about right 30-40.

Do you mean Roddy Beaubois? :lol:
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#50 » by God Squad » Mon May 4, 2020 10:56 am

EvanZ wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Fischella wrote:Tyrell has a way worse frame though, and Trae has gained, he is around 185 now, and was 178 as a prospect

I lol'd
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#51 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon May 4, 2020 2:41 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Fischella wrote:Tyrell has a way worse frame though, and Trae has gained, he is around 185 now, and was 178 as a prospect

Yes lmao. But yeah, hes really a true combo guard where you'd find too many flaws to start but off the bench I don't see it being an issue. Who else could we think of......maybe like a Juan Barrea
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#52 » by EvanZ » Mon May 4, 2020 4:16 pm

Vecenie posted this interview the other day.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#53 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter

YAS
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#54 » by doordoor123 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:02 pm

I really like Terry. He’s going to explode in the NBA with the space. I just don’t think he’s a starter at the next level. The talent/size/althleticism curve is too steep right now at that position. Unless you’re dominant on offense like Damian Lillard or Trae Young, it’s hard to be a starter as a smaller guy. The question is if he can play at that level and that’s unpredictable because he hasn’t done that yet. I would consider him as someone having high upside just in case he can get to that level, but he also has a high floor. How high he goes will really depend on how much a team trusts his upside.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#55 » by Stillwater » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:57 pm

Terry must have got a first round vibe or would not have stayed in imo.
He is clearly only being held back from lottery considerations based on his size.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#56 » by clyde21 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:48 pm

like i said, never underestimate how high shooters can go.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#57 » by EvanZ » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:04 pm

He actually grew an inch since the season ended. He is now 6’2” barefoot. Got this info from two different sources.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#58 » by getrichordie » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:35 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I really like Terry. He’s going to explode in the NBA with the space. I just don’t think he’s a starter at the next level. The talent/size/althleticism curve is too steep right now at that position. Unless you’re dominant on offense like Damian Lillard or Trae Young, it’s hard to be a starter as a smaller guy. The question is if he can play at that level and that’s unpredictable because he hasn’t done that yet. I would consider him as someone having high upside just in case he can get to that level, but he also has a high floor. How high he goes will really depend on how much a team trusts his upside.

One of the most reasonable takes I've heard on Terry.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,499

Post#59 » by jezzerinho » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:17 pm

At the minimum you're getting the best pure shooter in the draft, one of the smartest players and maybe the kid with the best touch. That's quite a bit to work with, though the abuse he'll get on the defensive end is going to be tough for any team to live with.

He looks very immature physically, so I'm not surprised he's still growing and may well develop a bigger frame with time and work. It's an intriguing gamble to take him...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#60 » by Stillwater » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:18 pm

jezzerinho wrote:At the minimum you're getting the best pure shooter in the draft, one of the smartest players and maybe the kid with the best touch. That's quite a bit to work with, though the abuse he'll get on the defensive end is going to be tough for any team to live with.

He looks very immature physically, so I'm not surprised he's still growing and may well develop a bigger frame with time and work. It's an intriguing gamble to take him...

he falls into the same cat as Poku as far as needing time for body to catch up to skillset.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft