2020 NBA Draft II

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 8,354
And1: 1,427
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1401 » by Onus » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:33 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter

nice graphic, he shoots c/s 3's at an elite level and gives nothing else of value at this point.


This wasn't just any C&S 3. Many of these were off screens or just really good off-ball movement. A lot of these were difficult shots. He does one thing and he does it well. That has value.


I see joe Harris for Nesmith.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 17,785
And1: 3,852
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1402 » by Chi town » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Onus wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Stillwater wrote:nice graphic, he shoots c/s 3's at an elite level and gives nothing else of value at this point.


This wasn't just any C&S 3. Many of these were off screens or just really good off-ball movement. A lot of these were difficult shots. He does one thing and he does it well. That has value.


I see joe Harris for Nesmith.


Don’t know that Nesmith is a 3 full
Time. More a 2 with backup SF mins.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,823
And1: 2,319
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1403 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:21 pm

Onus wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Stillwater wrote:nice graphic, he shoots c/s 3's at an elite level and gives nothing else of value at this point.


This wasn't just any C&S 3. Many of these were off screens or just really good off-ball movement. A lot of these were difficult shots. He does one thing and he does it well. That has value.


I see joe Harris for Nesmith.


I see a guy like Buddy Hield.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 12,564
And1: 3,179
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1404 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Onus wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
This wasn't just any C&S 3. Many of these were off screens or just really good off-ball movement. A lot of these were difficult shots. He does one thing and he does it well. That has value.


I see joe Harris for Nesmith.


I see a guy like Buddy Hield.

Hield has much better handles, and can create for himself
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,944
And1: 2,091
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1405 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:57 am

Put together a little sheet on defensive stats for centers where I pulled data from multiple sources.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ha3IZCJRaMr-nTbxPMI_KBqUOQhYmnBTyD4QWrBZ3uY/edit#gid=0
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
[twitter] @thunderdustin
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,944
And1: 2,091
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1406 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:20 am

Image

Image
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
[twitter] @thunderdustin
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,944
And1: 2,091
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1407 » by getrichordie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:31 am

Read on Twitter
:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
[twitter] @thunderdustin
KJStark23
Ballboy
Posts: 13
And1: 7
Joined: Feb 21, 2020

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1408 » by KJStark23 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 pm

King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 5,076
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1409 » by King Ken » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:24 pm

The closer we get to the draft, I am becoming more inclined to say LaMelo Ball is the best prospect overall. The way the game is play is made for guys like him, Ja, Trae, and Luka
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 12,564
And1: 3,179
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1410 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:17 am

King Ken wrote:The closer we get to the draft, I am becoming more inclined to say LaMelo Ball is the best prospect overall. The way the game is play is made for guys like him, Ja, Trae, and Luka

If he cared at all about fixing his shot and even just a little bit of defense from him would go a long way to making him a higher value pick. I think he is going to go top 5 regardless but far from a sure thing imo
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
Revenged25
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 565
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1411 » by Revenged25 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:14 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter


So Oturu is either going to be a solid starter or an All-Star?
EMG518
Starter
Posts: 2,089
And1: 542
Joined: Mar 11, 2012

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1412 » by EMG518 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Read on Twitter


So Oturu is either going to be a solid starter or an All-Star?


He definitely looks better than Bryant coming out.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,613
And1: 11,803
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1413 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Stillwater wrote:
King Ken wrote:The closer we get to the draft, I am becoming more inclined to say LaMelo Ball is the best prospect overall. The way the game is play is made for guys like him, Ja, Trae, and Luka

If he cared at all about fixing his shot and even just a little bit of defense from him would go a long way to making him a higher value pick. I think he is going to go top 5 regardless but far from a sure thing imo

Part of me thinks that while social media hype has elevated his profile, I also think it's caused him to be overscrutinized. Sure he has flaws. But who doesn't (especially in this class)?! Almost reminds me of the group of people who were convinced LeBron would be a bust. Didn't get to this level because the internet wasn't what it was today, but could you imagine if LeBron was going through the draft process in the current era?!

Note: No, I'm not trying to say LaMelo is the next LeBron.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 12,564
And1: 3,179
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1414 » by Stillwater » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Klomp wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
King Ken wrote:The closer we get to the draft, I am becoming more inclined to say LaMelo Ball is the best prospect overall. The way the game is play is made for guys like him, Ja, Trae, and Luka

If he cared at all about fixing his shot and even just a little bit of defense from him would go a long way to making him a higher value pick. I think he is going to go top 5 regardless but far from a sure thing imo

Part of me thinks that while social media hype has elevated his profile, I also think it's caused him to be overscrutinized. Sure he has flaws. But who doesn't (especially in this class)?! Almost reminds me of the group of people who were convinced LeBron would be a bust. Didn't get to this level because the internet wasn't what it was today, but could you imagine if LeBron was going through the draft process in the current era?!

Note: No, I'm not trying to say LaMelo is the next LeBron.

makes sense, but what have you seen from him defensively that makes you think he will ever be more than Harden like on that end of the floor? 1 way players are pretty much overrated as prospects imo and that is exactly what he appears to be at this point in time.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
BadWolf
Head Coach
Posts: 7,465
And1: 1,910
Joined: Jun 06, 2006

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1415 » by BadWolf » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:48 pm

How does Obi compare to Collins (or Amare)?
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,841
And1: 5,076
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1416 » by King Ken » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:13 am

BadWolf wrote:How does Obi compare to Collins (or Amare)?

I think he compares to them, Kuz and Horford.
He has the movement skills of Collins but Collins is quicker and faster on a beeline. Both have elite hands. Collins is a more aggressive screener and scorer at this time. Collins might be the best at reading the PnR I've seen and Toppin is still WIP in that area but it takes time, NBA trains for that skill a lot more than college.
He has the quickness with the ball of Amar'e and insane explosiveness as well. I think his scoring could be due to a major leap in the NBA. Especially in year 2.
His comfort with the rock on the perimeter reminds you of Kuz as a prospect but his decision making and passing talent reminds you of Horford.

Offensively, there is no better player in this draft but maybe Ball could be more productive stat-wise.
User avatar
stormi
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,396
And1: 969
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: howdy
     

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1417 » by stormi » Wed Sep 2, 2020 8:52 pm

Who are the best defending guards in this draft class. Ashton Hagans is someone i've followed for a while and I'm a big fan of. Any others?
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 13,626
And1: 14,341
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1418 » by robillionaire » Wed Sep 2, 2020 11:39 pm

stormi wrote:Who are the best defending guards in this draft class. Ashton Hagans is someone i've followed for a while and I'm a big fan of. Any others?


haliburton should be solid, i think dotson maxey and hampton have some potential
User avatar
GREY 1769
Forum Mod - Spurs
Forum Mod - Spurs
Posts: 18,372
And1: 16,167
Joined: Mar 17, 2010
Location: Silver and Black; Blue and White
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1419 » by GREY 1769 » Thu Sep 3, 2020 12:47 am

When is the virtual draft? And is free agency before or after it? Everything seems so out of place. Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage
The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
User avatar
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
Posts: 11,537
And1: 3,517
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: Servant to lord Bargnani
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1420 » by amcoolio » Thu Sep 3, 2020 1:22 am

Is it just me are the consensus 4-8 best players in this draft better than the top 3?

All three of the top 3 players are everything you don't want in today's NBA

If I'm Charlotte I'd rather have Avidja, Hayes, Halliburton, Vassel, or Okongwu over Wiseman, Edwards, or Ball
Image

Return to NBA Draft