Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Re: 2020 NBA Draft II 

Post#1481 » by Stillwater » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
maybe but I am not expecting anyone is actually anticipating it despite having confidence he will try to improve it. I dont see him as a "shooter" at all. he will get his in different ways outsmarting the defense creating plays for others and get rewarded for running the floor etc but overall there is a pretty good chance when scouts look at him shooting is just another thing in the con column

I get that, but 33% is like straight up terrible for a forward in todays game. For a SF thats in Wiggings / Gay territory. IDK if you can draft a foward top 5 that projects as a 33% 3PT guy unless he is an absolute monster athlete.

and just another reason why I dont think despite his creativity for a forward does he go in the top 5 or even the top 8 necessarily unless somebody gambles on his upside as a defender which seems unlikely
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,662

Post#1482 » by PerkinsFor3 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 am

Curious to see your opinions here. Where would, knowing what we've seen up until this point, which makes it an unfair game, these players get drafted in the 2020 draft:

RJ Barrett
Troy Brown jr
Robert Williams
Jarrett Culver
Chuma Okeke (in current state)
Darius Bazley
Mohamed Bamba
Donte Divincenzo
Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/perkinsfor3.
Nate the Great
Junior
And1: 99

Post#1483 » by Nate the Great » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:57 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
^ nobody is targeting Avdija for his shooter skills or upside they are targeting him for his playmaking and versatility in transition scoring. He really is by all definitions overrated as a shooter if people are expecting better than a 33% shooter from 3

I really dont think he is going to be that poor a 3PT guy. His shot is very workable. May take a few years, but I suspect he can top out at like 38%.

His FT% last year was .556. That’s how well he can shoot from the free throw line when nobody is guarding him. He’ll be lucky to shoot 33% from 3. His form doesn’t look too bad, so hopefully he can eventually improve.

Black Lives Matter

Return to NBA Draft