James Bouknight

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Charm
Junior
And1: 257

Re: James Bouknight 

Post#81 » by Charm » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:12 pm

NYCbeadyrae wrote:Bouknight is going top 7, maybe top 5. In front of scouts yesterday he hit 19 straight 3s and cleared a 63 inch box. There’s no way he’s getting out of mid lottery. If they want devin Booker he is the closest thing.

It’s officially that time of year huh?
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#82 » by Hal14 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:04 am

NYCbeadyrae wrote:Bouknight is going top 7, maybe top 5. In front of scouts yesterday he hit 19 straight 3s and cleared a 63 inch box. There’s no way he’s getting out of mid lottery. If they want devin Booker he is the closest thing.

That's n ice that he made 19 straight 3's standing still, catch and shoot with no one guarding him. But he only shot 29% from 3 this past season and is a ball-stopper isn't that great defensively, average size for his position.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,546

Post#83 » by Kalela » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:26 am

I watched him all season. He is legit. He reminds me more of Jamal Murray, a slightly bigger version, than Booker.
Fire Mazzulla
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#84 » by Stillwater » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:44 pm

Garland did the same thing in an empty gym and struggled his entire rookie season. But those %'s are going to help him on draft day a little based on how poorly his % from 3 was when defended. His athletic ability and ball handling are what impressed me as well as post up ability for a guard. He in a lot of ways seems like a Romeo Langford pick.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,313

Post#85 » by DCasey91 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 pm

Kalela wrote:I watched him all season. He is legit. He reminds me more of Jamal Murray, a slightly bigger version, than Booker.

My straight up comp for him is skinny Jamal Murray with less shooting polish. Murray was actually the bigger one, had some weight behind him in college but their game styles are super duper similar especially when coming off PNR action. Swear his pull up is exactly like Murray is.

Boogie Bouknight won’t go to far down in the pecking order. Has the potential to be the second best scorer in this year’s draft.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#86 » by clyde21 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:45 pm

i think Book/Murray might be the high end outcomes for him, he's obviously a stud scorer but his passing chops are almost nonexistent for a guard, Murray/Book developed a little earlier in that area, so where he ends up in the NBA imo is gonna depend a lot on how his passing and ability to run a half-court set is gonna develop in the NBA.

i'd go a more mid range comp for him until I see otherwise which to me is a Jordan Clarkson type, but if he develops more on-ball in other ways than just scoring I can see him landing somewhere higher than that.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#87 » by DCasey91 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:57 pm

clyde21 wrote:i think Book/Murray might be the high end outcomes for him, he's obviously a stud scorer but his passing chops are almost nonexistent for a guard, Murray/Book developed a little earlier in that area, so where he ends up in the NBA imo is gonna depend a lot on how his passing and ability to run a half-court set is gonna develop in the NBA.

i'd go a more mid range comp for him until I see otherwise which to me is a Jordan Clarkson type, but if he develops more on-ball in other ways than just scoring I can see him landing somewhere higher than that.

I agree about the high end outcome 100%. He’s one of the eleven of my favs in this years draft. But Murray was certainly the better prospect coming out from what I remember watching him. NBA size, NBA shot, NBA scoring had big big college games too, clinical. Should learn to take less stock on injury concerns to smaller guys (local national sport should remind me never to to let better prospects go too far down the rank because of injury they are ranked that high for a reason).

A middling outcome better then Clarkson but not quite as good as Booker/Murray is a fair ceiling to put on Bouknight. But I’ve been on his bandwagon since the start pre injury lol.

Also Booker had the reigns very early on so what he’s doing now is nothing new to him just higher stakes. Kills us the sixers every-time we verse him lol
clyde21
RealGM

Post#88 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:15 am

DCasey91 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i think Book/Murray might be the high end outcomes for him, he's obviously a stud scorer but his passing chops are almost nonexistent for a guard, Murray/Book developed a little earlier in that area, so where he ends up in the NBA imo is gonna depend a lot on how his passing and ability to run a half-court set is gonna develop in the NBA.

I agree about the high end outcome 100%. He’s one of the eleven of my favs in this years draft. But Murray was certainly the better prospect coming out from what I remember watching him. NBA size, NBA shot, NBA scoring had big big college games too, clinical. Should learn to take less stock on injury concerns to smaller guys (local national sport should remind me never to to let better prospects go too far down the rank because of injury they are ranked that high for a reason).

A middling outcome better then Clarkson but not quite as good as Booker/Murray is a fair ceiling to put on Bouknight. But I’ve been on his bandwagon since the start pre injury lol.

Also Booker had the reigns very early on so what he’s doing now is nothing new to him just higher stakes. Kills us the sixers every-time we verse him lol

both Book/Murray I think were more combo guardish than Bouk, Bouk right now to me is purely a scorer, and in today's NBA pure scoring guards that don't necessarily have any passing or team management chops are relegated to the bench as 6th man types...unless your name is a Beal or something and you're just an absurd scorer.

also Book was a whole 2 yrs younger coming out, Murray 1 yr younger, not a huge thing but the fact that there were better playmakers while also being younger I think makes think Bouknight closer to Clarkson than he is Book or Murray. should also be noted that Bouknight has the worst 3pt % and FT% than both Murray/Book, but a better FT rate than both...much more in line with Clarkson's FT rate coming out actually.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Post#89 » by MemphisX » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 am

clyde21 wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

both Book/Murray I think were more combo guardish than Bouk, Bouk right now to me is purely a scorer, and in today's NBA pure scoring guards that don't necessarily have any passing or team management chops are relegated to the bench as 6th man types...unless your name is a Beal or something and you're just an absurd scorer.

also Book was a whole 2 yrs younger coming out, Murray 1 yr younger, not a huge thing but the fact that there were better playmakers while also being younger I think makes think Bouknight closer to Clarkson than he is Book or Murray. should also be noted that Bouknight has the worst 3pt % and FT% than both Murray/Book, but a better FT rate than both...much more in line with Clarkson's FT rate coming out actually.

Comparisons are crap for this class. These guys played in an unprecedented pandemic and all that goes with it including a small sample size. Add in Bouk's injury and it is even more of a mystery box.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#90 » by DCasey91 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:41 am

Comparisons are there for a gauge doesn’t have to be identical just what kind of role and prospect game wise/style transfer into the NBA.

Sure disaster situation but there’s a lot of film to watch on these prospects.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#91 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:50 am

MemphisX wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Comparisons are crap for this class. These guys played in an unprecedented pandemic and all that goes with it including a small sample size. Add in Bouk's injury and it is even more of a mystery box.

not sure what the pandemic has to do with FT rates.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,781

Post#92 » by Upperclass » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:28 am

Monta Ellis
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#93 » by NYCbeadyrae » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:56 am

Latrell Sprewell
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#94 » by NYCbeadyrae » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:23 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#95 » by doordoor123 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:11 pm

that arc is so pure
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#96 » by gorz » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:04 pm

Hes my pick for steal of the draft. Similar game to Booker/Murray but much more athletic than them. Booker is bit of an anomaly..we are seeing him now from hindsight but he wasn't rated that highly at the time and just so happened to far exceed ppl's expectations.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#97 » by EvanZ » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:15 pm

gorz wrote:Hes my pick for steal of the draft. Similar game to Booker/Murray but much more athletic than them. Booker is bit of an anomaly..we are seeing him now from hindsight but he wasn't rated that highly at the time and just so happened to far exceed ppl's expectations.

I had Booker 8th on my board in that draft.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#98 » by NYCbeadyrae » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:36 am

EvanZ wrote:
gorz wrote:Hes my pick for steal of the draft. Similar game to Booker/Murray but much more athletic than them. Booker is bit of an anomaly..we are seeing him now from hindsight but he wasn't rated that highly at the time and just so happened to far exceed ppl's expectations.

I don’t think Bouknight makes it past 8. I can see him going as high as 5. Knicks may trade up, both warriors and magic have interest and need.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#99 » by EvanZ » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:14 am

NYCbeadyrae wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

I don’t think Bouknight makes it past 8. I can see him going as high as 5. Knicks may trade up, both warriors and magic have interest and need.

From what I've heard he's not making it past GS if they keep the pick.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Post#100 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:13 pm

NYCbeadyrae wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

If GS stays at 7 then it’s gotta be Bouknight Moody for 7&8 picks. The order is TBD.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to NBA Draft