Moderators: Duke4life831, Marcus

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Re: Jalen Green - next elite prospect 

Post#141 » by DCasey91 » Wed Jul 7, 2021 9:47 am

Big J wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
Big J wrote:Yea I’m getting KPJ as far away from my rook as I can. He’s about the last guy I’d want my 19 year old prized asset hanging with. Lowry would be a nice father figure type for him to look up to.
Jalen green
1. Is a grown man
2. Has a (step) father

Really hate when we act like these dudes need more dads to take care of them. Super weird.

He’s 19 years old man. I don’t know about you, but I was doing some crazy **** when I was that age. The last thing these kids need are bad influences in their lives. What’s wrong with having an extra vet in the locker room to show him the right way to do things?

He’s 10000% right. In high level sports and a massive magnitude of $$$$$ just tacks on like no can believe.

We all did stupid sh*t at 19, now you can do stupid sh*t with millions you know how risky that is with even the most normalized 19yr old.

Older wise, not dhead vets put youngsters in their place good and proper.

Not a father figure more like a teacher or guidance.

Males form hierarchies so naturally and fast unconsciously. Whoever garners the most exp shares the floor.

When a bricklayers talk about his job the group shuts up and pays attention .

When a mechanic.. same deal.

Misguided youngsters or immature grown men either dismiss it or discredit it.

Like who wasn’t misguided at 19? That’s normal.

It’s called seniority. Or being a good leader.

Honestly could not tell you anyone that was a grown man at that precocious age that I’ve met or remembered being that age. Sure some more mature then others but no not a grown man.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,199

Post#142 » by HumbleRen » Wed Jul 7, 2021 9:49 am

Good veterans is one of the most underrated aspects to pair beside a rookie. It’s so crucial for them, on and off the court.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#143 » by DCasey91 » Wed Jul 7, 2021 9:55 am

Yeah dude especially when you enter deeper waters

No longer the big fish in the little pond anymore

your a tiny guppy in a literal ocean lol.

Even the Majors in Baseball which is world class btw differentiate prospects on age through A, AA, AAA. A lot of the youngsters are in AA because the wild vets are playing for literal diaper money. It’s different

Also can knock a kids confidence around.

Some kids naturally do better then others some without guidance can literally get swallowed whole in the real world and some were a lost cause before even entering the big smoke.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,476

Post#144 » by Big J » Wed Jul 7, 2021 6:12 pm

I think Jalen's got a good head on his shoulders, but any 19 year older could get in trouble hanging out with the wrong dudes. If KPJ was on Harden or Kyrie's level an exception could be made for him, but he's got a long way to go to get there. Right now he's just a JR Rider type.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#145 » by Marcus » Wed Jul 7, 2021 6:28 pm

I mean he is a 19yr old kid going to Houston. The employment he will have isn't expected to yield the best results in terms of winning and you'll have a bunch of young rich kids running around trying to get their "wins" somewhere. Good vet presence is always needed.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,822

Post#146 » by gmoney411 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 6:34 am

:evil:
Big J wrote:I think Jalen's got a good head on his shoulders, but any 19 year older could get in trouble hanging out with the wrong dudes. If KPJ was on Harden or Kyrie's level an exception could be made for him, but he's got a long way to go to get there. Right now he's just a JR Rider type.

As a Rockets fan I'm not worried about KPJ affecting Green. The Rockets keep John Lucas around for the mentorship role. If you can't learn NBA life lessons from Lucas you probably aren't going to learn from anyone.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,291

Post#147 » by God Squad » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:52 am

No one else is worried about his defense, passing, rebounding and just playing within himself? Not questioning the athletic ability or his scoring prowess. I just worry about everything else, because IMO him and Mobley have the highest boom/bust potential.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#148 » by tiderulz » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:05 pm

God Squad wrote:No one else is worried about his defense, passing, rebounding and just playing within himself? Not questioning the athletic ability or his scoring prowess. I just worry about everything else, because IMO him and Mobley have the highest boom/bust potential.

i think Kuminga has more boom/bust than Green or Mobley.
Big J
General Manager

Post#149 » by Big J » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:13 pm

There is no bust potential at all with Green. If he is getting minutes and shots he’s an automatic 25 ppg in the league. He’s a special scoring talent. The ancillary skills will come with time.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,088

Post#150 » by tidho » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:53 pm

God Squad wrote:No one else is worried about his defense, passing, rebounding and just playing within himself? Not questioning the athletic ability or his scoring prowess. I just worry about everything else, because IMO him and Mobley have the highest boom/bust potential.

Not really. Are you worried about any of those things with Devon Booker? That's all bonus stuff, this dude is here to get you 25 a night. The rest will come but its almost bonus contribution.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#151 » by nolang1 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:12 pm

tidho wrote:

Not really. Are you worried about any of those things with Devon Booker? That's all bonus stuff, this dude is here to get you 25 a night. The rest will come but its almost bonus contribution.

I would be somewhat worried in the sense that it took a while for Booker's scoring to cancel out the other stuff, and Booker is/was a much better pure shooter. Same could be said about someone like LaVine.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,806

Post#152 » by CoreyVillains » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Broke down 7 minutes worth of Jalen's defensive clips from the bubble. Good and bad.

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,264

Post#153 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:02 pm

nolang1 wrote:
tidho wrote:

I would be somewhat worried in the sense that it took a while for Booker's scoring to cancel out the other stuff, and Booker is/was a much better pure shooter. Same could be said about someone like LaVine.

Green is ahead of the developmental curve than both these guys
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,058

Post#154 » by NotMyKawhi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Big J wrote:There is no bust potential at all with Green. If he is getting minutes and shots he’s an automatic 25 ppg in the league. He’s a special scoring talent. The ancillary skills will come with time.

I agree

I think he's clear #1 ahead of Cade, I want my Raptors to move up to #2. He reminds me of Vince Carter but quicker. smaller but quicker
Big J
General Manager

Post#155 » by Big J » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:30 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
Big J wrote:There is no bust potential at all with Green. If he is getting minutes and shots he’s an automatic 25 ppg in the league. He’s a special scoring talent. The ancillary skills will come with time.

I agree

I think he's clear #1 ahead of Cade, I want my Raptors to move up to #2. He reminds me of Vince Carter but quicker. smaller but quicker

He's like a quicker smaller better shooting Vince with a killer instinct. The kid's gonna be a star from day 1. Cade will be the one that everyone hypes up before the season because he's number 1, but it will become clear that Cade has a boring game and Green's is electric.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#156 » by DCasey91 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Guys he’s basically a Taller Beal .... but if Morant was inside him lol. Explosive is an understatement. He’a already in the high 1%-3% tier bracket for NBA.

Passing is underrated and overlooked. His size is a non issue. Does cap his ceiling which would be Kobe reincarnated potential but his size is fine. He ain’t Ingram needing a year in the pros to learn the driving game.

Dude is a handful and a half right now every which way. Guys that go 0-100 quicker then everyone else and can keep that momentum laterally, sideways, straight, back, in circles or just walking to the shops is very rare to find in Sports. He’s got that. That’s already brilliant but it’s no use if you don’t have a brain.

He has the contortion skills and finishing touch that people don’t even express which is a fundamental basketball trait. Lovely hands.

Lavine is more straight lined. Green moves exactly how the greats do. His hips are fluid as f*ck. Like Green’s 1,2,3 in the NBA with all this space he’s going to create a lot of separation.

They made it look sh*t easy when it def isn’t.

Taller Ultra Instinct Beal with less passing ability than Morant but I believe a better shooter then both.

Cade on the otherhand has less burst then Tatum. Smaller too. That’s my concern with him. He’s way more polished then Barrett on the shooting I’ll give him that hit the hourglass (5) which tells me he’s smart and knows his weaknesses.

Fair bet but Cade will never ever even have Luka rookie year moves in his toolbag. The shooting which is a buy right now is really his biggest swing factor imo.

Green just needs 15+ pounds and he’s good to go lol
znowman
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#157 » by znowman » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:22 pm

This kid's defense is going to surprise a lot of people. Reminds me a lot of Dejounte Murray on that end.
Big J
General Manager

Post#158 » by Big J » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Imagine a 6’5 wing with Iversons quickness and Vince’s leaping ability, that’s Green. Then imagine your team taking a guy with piss poor athleticism ahead of him.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,831

Post#159 » by eminence » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:24 pm

Green is quick, very quick, but AI is not a comp that should be made for quickness. It's like comparing guys strength to Shaq or shooting to Curry.
I bought a boat.
Big J
General Manager

Post#160 » by Big J » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:04 pm

eminence wrote:Green is quick, very quick, but AI is not a comp that should be made for quickness. It's like comparing guys strength to Shaq or shooting to Curry.

Aight, then he's got Kyrie level quickness if we can't use AI.

Return to NBA Draft