Jalen Green - next elite prospect

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Re: Jalen Green - next elite prospect 

Post#301 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:07 pm

eminence wrote:High usage rookies generally suck statistically, haven't watched enough of the Rockets (play Garuba!) to get a feel for how promising he looks. But nobody should be surprised he's bad with how much he's been asked to do.

exactly, right now he's being tasked with PG duties and he's never been that dude, he's kinda taking on two roles at once as a rookie, he's always been much more of a combo guy than a PG.

i don't know why Houston isn't playing Wall, i think Green would've looked much better @ the 2 next to Wall who'd handle PG responsibility and have Porter come off the bench, guarantee we would've already seen a much better version of Green.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#302 » by K_chile22 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:32 pm

clyde21 wrote:
eminence wrote:High usage rookies generally suck statistically, haven't watched enough of the Rockets (play Garuba!) to get a feel for how promising he looks. But nobody should be surprised he's bad with how much he's been asked to do.

exactly, right now he's being tasked with PG duties and he's never been that dude, he's kinda taking on two roles at once as a rookie, he's always been much more of a combo guy than a PG.

i don't know why Houston isn't playing Wall, i think Green would've looked much better @ the 2 next to Wall who'd handle PG responsibility and have Porter come off the bench, guarantee we would've already seen a much better version of Green.

Eh, I think his numbers would be better but he'd be doing a whole lot of standing in the corner as Wall waives off a screen to go iso like last year lol maybe the confidence boost would be worth it but fwiw some of his best games from a process prospective (think he just missed good shots in one of them) were the two games where he and EG split PG duties in the starting lineup with KPJ out. He's never going to be a full time PG but I do think there's some value in getting these on ball reps to develop into someone who can handle moonlighting as an initiator. I do wish they had a better true PG to do off ball stuff with him on the second unit than DJ Augustine tho, and the horrifically bad spacing from all the Tate-Wood-Thies lineups was killing everyone
clyde21
RealGM

Post#303 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:01 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Eh, I think his numbers would be better but he'd be doing a whole lot of standing in the corner as Wall waives off a screen to go iso like last year lol maybe the confidence boost would be worth it but fwiw some of his best games from a process prospective (think he just missed good shots in one of them) were the two games where he and EG split PG duties in the starting lineup with KPJ out. He's never going to be a full time PG but I do think there's some value in getting these on ball reps to develop into someone who can handle moonlighting as an initiator. I do wish they had a better true PG to do off ball stuff with him on the second unit than DJ Augustine tho, and the horrifically bad spacing from all the Tate-Wood-Thies lineups was killing everyone

no i agree, this is good for his long term development, but short term the lack of production is because he's just taking on too many hats too early.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#304 » by Marcus » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:07 pm

clyde21 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

no i agree, this is good for his long term development, but short term the lack of production is because he's just taking on too many hats too early.

yeah lots on the kid's plate right now and it's making that learning curve steeper than it already was coming into the season. I'm all for him getting some PG reps because he'll need that element of his game to be solid once he gets comfortable in his spots at this level, but he definitely needs a real PG next to him setting the table right now to make life easier. I'm just glad he's not a kid that lacks confidence in his game and in his work cause this could be destructive.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#305 » by HardenGoat » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:35 am

He’s going to develop like Booker. Too bad Rockets don’t have CP3
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,441

Post#306 » by Big J » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:01 am

Yea, I was all over this kid back when everyone else was hating on him. He's putting up highlight reel dunks in every game he plays in. Kid is an absolute star in the making.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#307 » by Vator » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:18 pm

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#308 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:36 pm

game slowing down, picking spots better, being advantageous with his physical gifts, and shooting with confidence and consistency in his form. scoring titles will come down the road.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#309 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:39 pm

Big J wrote:Yea, I was all over this kid back when everyone else was hating on him. He's putting up highlight reel dunks in every game he plays in. Kid is an absolute star in the making.

who was hating on him? he was viewed as a top 5 pick universally.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#310 » by K_chile22 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:42 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:Yea, I was all over this kid back when everyone else was hating on him. He's putting up highlight reel dunks in every game he plays in. Kid is an absolute star in the making.

there was certainly a lot of poopooing of him during his rough start to the season, not on this board tho
clyde21
RealGM

Post#311 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:07 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

there was certainly a lot of poopooing of him during his rough start to the season, not on this board tho

so gb clowns being gb clowns?

also guess who was poopooing Cade at the start of the season? Big J.
Big J
General Manager

Post#312 » by Big J » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:50 pm

clyde21 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

What are you stalking my posts? That's creepy af tbh.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#313 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:59 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:there was certainly a lot of poopooing of him during his rough start to the season, not on this board tho

I think we all remember it :lol:, hes a poor leader, he has a kid blah blah
clyde21
RealGM

Post#314 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:there was certainly a lot of poopooing of him during his rough start to the season, not on this board tho

i don't need to stalk to remember a historically terrible take
clyde21
RealGM

Post#315 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:03 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

WhAtS WrOnG WiTH ThIS DuDe

after 2 bad games to start his career :lol:
Big J
General Manager

Post#316 » by Big J » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Big J wrote:

Yea, it's called trash talk. Anyways, you've had takes so terrible that they ended up as peoples sig's.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#317 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:11 pm

clyde21 wrote:

Haha ya Green was pretty much a consensus top 3-5 player in his class since he popped up in high school. None of that changed leading up to the draft. The only thing was very few people on the GB were calling him a bust after 5-10 games.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#318 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: I think we all remember it :lol:, hes a poor leader, he has a kid blah blah

Yea, it's called trash talk. Anyways, you've had takes so terrible that they ended up as peoples sig's.

oh, so when you do it it's called trash talk? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big J
General Manager

Post#319 » by Big J » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:19 am

Guys, this is why I was so high on this kid pre draft. I tried telling y'all, but nobody was listening. Dude's ceiling is absolutely nuts due to his athletic gifts. If this is what he's doing at the end of his rook year the league needs to absoultey look the hell out.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#320 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:52 am

Big J wrote:Guys, this is why I was so high on this kid pre draft. I tried telling y'all, but nobody was listening. Dude's ceiling is absolutely nuts due to his athletic gifts. If this is what he's doing at the end of his rook year the league needs to absoultey look the hell out.

literally everyone had him as a top 5 pick, most had him top3...wtf are u talking about? :lol:

Return to NBA Draft