Haliburton

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, Marcus

DroseReturnChi
Analyst
And1: 799

Re: Haliburton 

Post#181 » by DroseReturnChi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:35 pm

clyde21 wrote:Mr Evan has it completely backwards, the fact that Hali is such a valuable player WHILE having such low usage is exactly why he's such a good prospect/player

low usage, high impact players are at a **** premium in today's NBA for team building. you can have your ball monopolizers, I'll take a Hali over Melo any of the week and twice on Sunday if we're playing football too

Theres a min of shots you need to take to become a star. As much as I share similar view, evan brings up a good point you need some usage to make opponents respect you. A guard version of Draymond is certainly less valuable and even worse than 2015 iguodala who could guard Lebron. Guys like Doncic/Young are going too extreme and imo 20ppg/10apg is the optimal level.
He is indeed gold but probably 3rd/4th most valuable on a championship team. Not franchise guy.
God told Derrick to rise, so Derrick Rose.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 17,651

Post#182 » by MotownMadness » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:47 pm

I remember saying early on he was looking like a top 5 pick when he was just efficiently flirting with triple doubles. Then I let that funny jump shot mess with me into thinking he would be a good player with a low ceiling, bummer
treefi
Analyst
And1: 626

Post#183 » by treefi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:51 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I remember saying early on he was looking like a top 5 pick when he was just efficiently flirting with triple doubles. Then I let that funny jump shot mess with me into thinking he would be a good player with a low ceiling, bummer

ditto.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 50,702

Post#184 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:16 pm

19 PER, 67 TS%, absurd 7 assists to only 1.5 TOVs per 36, currently shooting 52/52/82
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#185 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I remember saying early on he was looking like a top 5 pick when he was just efficiently flirting with triple doubles. Then I let that funny jump shot mess with me into thinking he would be a good player with a low ceiling, bummer

he was always one of the most nba ready guards available...not the highest ceiling by any means though hence the slight stock hit imo
There are no valid legal arguments that people have any right to not wear masks in public at this point. Being asymptomatic or unaware if you are positive, does not make you exempt from any obligations to ensure society is free from your germs.

Return to NBA Draft