Nate Hinton

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Nate Hinton 

Post#1 » by getrichordie » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:01 am

It feels like no one is talking about this guy. I think he projects to be a nice 3&D guard at the next level and then some. 6-5 with a 6-9 wingspan. 210 lbs.

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/09/12/draft-notes-nate-hintons-uniqueness/
[twitter] @thunderdustin
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,149

Re: Nate Hinton 

Post#2 » by TB » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:19 pm

thestepien write up are way too intense for me, but I am however a big proponent of watching a few minutes of highlights, checking basketball reference and claiming exactly what a player is. And in the high level youtube research I did in the last 15 minutes, I've come to the conclusion that Hinton is a shorter Matt Barnes.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#3 » by 12footrim » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 pm

He's the best player on a top 25 team, certainly deserves some recognition. He's a hell of a lot better than Quentin Grimes, that's for sure and lot of talk about him over here.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#4 » by 12footrim » Thu May 21, 2020 2:56 pm

He's staying in the draft. I think he could be a nice three and D guy. 94 percentile on defense, probably best rebounding guard in the country etc.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#5 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

I love this guy, the rebounding at his size sticks out. He's smart has an amazing motor + great hands + can shoot (even a little off the dribble)

Definitley should be drafted imo.

Heres a film room vid with him

;feature=youtu.be
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#6 » by getrichordie » Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:I love this guy, the rebounding at his size sticks out. He's smart has an amazing motor + great hands + can shoot (even a little off the dribble)

;feature=youtu.be

I have him going late first. Can't think of 30 guys I'd want to draft ahead of him, honestly.

Watch him go get this rebound at 0:38...

Hinton is going to be fun to play with and a guy you want on your team. Period. He just competes.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#7 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 pm

getrichordie wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:I love this guy, the rebounding at his size sticks out. He's smart has an amazing motor + great hands + can shoot (even a little off the dribble)

;feature=youtu.be

I have him going late first. Can't think of 30 guys I'd want to draft ahead of him, honestly.

Hinton is going to be fun to play with and a guy you want on your team. Period. He just competes.

Yeah, I don't think that's crazy. Watch the beginning of the video I posted where he goes into detail about his rebounding, you can really see his bbiq shne through kind of like Rodman in the Last Dance lol
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Thu May 21, 2020 9:22 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

;feature=youtu.be

Yeah, I don't think that's crazy. Watch the beginning of the video I posted where he goes into detail about his rebounding, you can really see his bbiq shne through kind of like Rodman in the Last Dance lol

Vecenie has him #86 on his big board. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Yeah, I love the kid. I love his work ethic. He's got the clutch gene too. His energy is infectious. He's a bigger, longer Josh Hart. Has more upside too.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#9 » by GimmeDat » Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 am

Not nearly the same proven commodity, especially as a scorer, but the guy he reminds me of is Josh Hart. The rebounding and D, solid feel, and I'm in on him being a decent shooter. I think it would be a big mistake if he was not picked up in the 2nd round.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,149

Post#10 » by TB » Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 am

I still like the shorter Matt Barnes comp from a playing style.

Was hoping Warriors could snag him with one of their mid-late 2nds... but starting to think he will be gone sooner.

Return to NBA Draft