2021 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#101 » by Hogified05 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:14 pm

What yall think about Kai Sotto the 7'2 Philippine kid? Moves pretty well and looks like he has some skills. Think he is going to the G-League to play with Jalen Green.

The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#102 » by getrichordie » Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Spoiler:
Mirotic12 wrote:Here are clips of the two Greek players that have declared.

Nikos Rogkavopoulos 6-8 200 SG/SF

Clip is from Greek 1st Division and BCL (2nd-tier European league)

Georgios Kalaitzakis 6-7 (maybe 6-8 by NBA methods) 192 PG/SG/SF

Clip is from Lithuanian 1st Division, playing against Zalgiris Kaunas of the EuroLeague (European top-tier)

Wrong thread.

In regards to Kai Sotto’s prospects, he already looks to be more skilled than every big in this draft from a glance. But he looks a little heavy on his feet and has skinny shoulders which doesn’t bode well. If he was a little bit lighter on his feet, I’d say he could be ~Kaminsky 2.0. I think he’s probably a late second rounder next year due to foot speed/frame but could improve to early 2nd if he shows some Jokic in his game.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#103 » by clyde21 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 pm

what's everyone's thoughts on Orlando Robinson? Fresno kid
clyde21
RealGM

Post#104 » by clyde21 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 pm

if Kispert and Ayayi end up returning Gonzaga is gonna be stupid good next year

Petrusev shouldn't return give how stacked Gonzaga is in the front court next yr
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#105 » by Marcus » Sun May 24, 2020 9:20 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Evan Mobley doesn’t look like a top 6 pick to me

His lack of size is concerning. Frame isn't great...

And he doesn’t really look that skilled either. I don’t even see how he’s a better prospect than Mitchell Robinson tbh.

Better handle, similar fluidity, better shooter, better footwork in the post, Robinson has the higher ceiling defensively, Evan is also a better passer.

He definitely needs some rocks in his pocket though. That will be a big factor in just how far he goes. Potential with Mobley is nuts.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#106 » by clyde21 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:29 pm

some really weird takes re Mobley in this thread so far, are we watching the same player?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,488

Post#107 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Marcus wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
His lack of size is concerning. Frame isn't great...

And he doesn’t really look that skilled either. I don’t even see how he’s a better prospect than Mitchell Robinson tbh.

Better handle, similar fluidity, better shooter, better footwork in the post, Robinson has the higher ceiling defensively, Evan is also a better passer.

He definitely needs some rocks in his pocket though. That will be a big factor in just how far he goes. Potential with Mobley is nuts.

Maybe I’m watching the wrong footage of Mobley but all I see are open dunks, occasional open jumper, and some weak post moves. Someone said he’s the best C prospect since KAT and he’s not even better than Ayton to me. Or Bagley, JJJ and Wiseman.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#108 » by Marcus » Sun May 24, 2020 10:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Marcus wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:And he doesn’t really look that skilled either. I don’t even see how he’s a better prospect than Mitchell Robinson tbh.

Maybe I’m watching the wrong footage of Mobley but all I see are open dunks, occasional open jumper, and some weak post moves. Someone said he’s the best C prospect since KAT and he’s not even better than Ayton to me. Or Bagley, JJJ and Wiseman.

Always thought the interaction between Mobley and Wiseman in these clips were good at showcasing the intrigue with the two

Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#109 » by karkinos » Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 pm

i like josh christopher probably more than most...love guys who compete on both ends of the floor.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#110 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Marcus wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Always thought the interaction between Mobley and Wiseman in these clips were good at showcasing the intrigue with the two

Wiseman still looks like the much superior prospect to me. Wiseman in this game showed a variety of skills. A face up jumper from the mid range and 3, taking defenders off the dribble, driving from coast to coast. Mobley looks like the better defender but offensively I wasn’t really that impressed. It was mostly just a bunch of dunks (some were nice though). To me Mobley is just a really raw prospect that has good physical tools. Meh.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#111 » by Marcus » Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 pm

karkinos wrote:i like josh christopher probably more than most...love guys who compete on both ends of the floor.

I like Josh a lot too. Think he'll be a better pro than college player. Think the environment he's drafted to will be a big factor with his playing style. He's a switchable starter sixth man in a Lou Will kinda role to me.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#112 » by Marcus » Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Marcus wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Maybe I’m watching the wrong footage of Mobley but all I see are open dunks, occasional open jumper, and some weak post moves. Someone said he’s the best C prospect since KAT and he’s not even better than Ayton to me. Or Bagley, JJJ and Wiseman.

Wiseman still looks like the much superior prospect to me. Wiseman in this game showed a variety of skills. A face up jumper from the mid range and 3, taking defenders off the dribble, driving from coast to coast. Mobley looks like the better defender but offensively I wasn’t really that impressed. It was mostly just a bunch of dunks (some were nice though). To me Mobley is just a really raw prospect that has good physical tools. Meh.

They did the same things on offense outside of Wiseman showing the jumper. Evan showed good ability to absorb contact from much larger players. Good footwork under duress. Strong finishing. Wiseman won the matchup numbers wise but I thought the clip showed versatility in both, upside in both, and that despite his slight frame Evan isn't afraid to bang nor does he lose anything while doing so. Once the weight comes on (which likely won't be a lot) he'll be that much more effective.

If it's a wait and see situation for you though I ain't mad at that. Time will tell one way or the other.
Watch More Basketball

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#113 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Marcus wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Marcus wrote:

They did the same things on offense outside of Wiseman showing the jumper. Evan showed good ability to absorb contact from much larger players. Good footwork under duress. Strong finishing. Wiseman won the matchup numbers wise but I thought the clip showed versatility in both, upside in both, and that despite his slight frame Evan isn't afraid to bang nor does he lose anything while doing so. Once the weight comes on (which likely won't be a lot) he'll be that much more effective.

If it's a wait and see situation for you though I ain't mad at that. Time will tell one way or the other.

Yes it’s a wait and see situation for me. Not writing him off but imo I’m not that impressed with him. I’ll be glad to eat crow if he proves me wrong. Rooting for him because I want big men to come back in this league
clyde21
RealGM

Post#114 » by clyde21 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Mobley is CLEARLY a more sophisticated offensive player than Wiseman, it's not really that close
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#115 » by No-Man » Mon May 25, 2020 8:36 am

Mobley may turn out to be a 4 but still, his handle/plasticity/body control for his size is ridiculous and I am believer in his shooting long term

frame is concerning to play Center but dunno, we shall see, the idea with him is kinda a player like Bol but who is actaully functionally athletic for the NBA
clyde21
RealGM

Post#116 » by clyde21 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Gonzaga lineup this yr if Ayayi/Kispert return?

Ayayi / Cook Jr.
Suggs / Harris / Lang
Kispert / Arlauskas / Strawther
Watson / Ballo
Timme / Zakharov
clyde21
RealGM

Post#117 » by clyde21 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Kentucky lineup?

Mintz / Askew
Boston / Fletcher
Clarke / Allen
Brooks / Jackson
Sarr / Ware
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#118 » by getrichordie » Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:Kentucky lineup?

Mintz / Askew
Boston / Fletcher
Clarke / Allen
Brooks / Jackson
Sarr / Ware

You really think Mintz starts over Askew?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM

Post#119 » by clyde21 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:47 pm

Duke's

Roach / Goldwire
Moore Jr. / Steward
Johnson / Baker
Hurt / Brakefield
Williams / Coleman / Tape

i think Gonzaga/Duke clearly best 2 teams at this point
clyde21
RealGM

Post#120 » by clyde21 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:48 pm

getrichordie wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Kentucky lineup?

Mintz / Askew
Boston / Fletcher
Clarke / Allen
Brooks / Jackson
Sarr / Ware

You really think Mintz starts over Askew?

i dunno, i don't know if Coack Cal wants 1-3 to all be FS

Return to NBA Draft