2021 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, Marcus

rafale
Freshman
Posts: 62
And1: 24
Joined: Oct 31, 2010
Location: France

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#161 » by rafale » Thu Jun 4, 2020 10:58 am

clyde21 wrote:France really tapping into that african pipeline

their soccer team is literally all africans and arabs


We have indeed a lot of blacks players in our team (some have african origines but some are from Guadeloupe/Martinique) but arabs?

At the 2018 worldcup, only 2 of the 23 selected players were arabs (Rami and Fekir), one didn't play at all (Rami), the other (Fekir) barely played.

Our best player ever is arab (Zidane) but since he retired in 2006, Samir Nasri and Karim Benzema are the only arabs I can think of who played an important role for our team.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,620
And1: 47,492
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#162 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 3:16 pm

lol what are u 3 even talking about? when did I say that France goes and steals these players from Africa?
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE #DOWNWITHZIONISM
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,620
And1: 47,492
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#163 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 3:19 pm

rafale wrote:
clyde21 wrote:France really tapping into that african pipeline

their soccer team is literally all africans and arabs


We have indeed a lot of blacks players in our team (some have african origines but some are from Guadeloupe/Martinique) but arabs?

At the 2018 worldcup, only 2 of the 23 selected players were arabs (Rami and Fekir), one didn't play at all (Rami), the other (Fekir) barely played.

Our best player ever is arab (Zidane) but since he retired in 2006, Samir Nasri and Karim Benzema are the only arabs I can think of who played an important role for our team.


did I only say the national team? look at the entire French league lol
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE #DOWNWITHZIONISM
rafale
Freshman
Posts: 62
And1: 24
Joined: Oct 31, 2010
Location: France

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#164 » by rafale » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:
rafale wrote:
clyde21 wrote:France really tapping into that african pipeline

their soccer team is literally all africans and arabs


We have indeed a lot of blacks players in our team (some have african origines but some are from Guadeloupe/Martinique) but arabs?

At the 2018 worldcup, only 2 of the 23 selected players were arabs (Rami and Fekir), one didn't play at all (Rami), the other (Fekir) barely played.

Our best player ever is arab (Zidane) but since he retired in 2006, Samir Nasri and Karim Benzema are the only arabs I can think of who played an important role for our team.


did I only say the national team? look at the entire French league lol


For the french league I agree, the team from my city in particular (Lyon) had Benzema, Ben arfa, Fekir etc and we have Aouar at the moment + Cherki who has a lot of potential
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#165 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 6, 2020 6:37 am

Just Cade stuff.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#166 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 6, 2020 9:13 am

Oscar Tshiebwe almost gets banished to the shadow realm

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/SG5edb5dbc2e0f6
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#167 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 6, 2020 10:31 am

Keep an eye on Josiah-Jordan James (6'6 CG out of Tennessee)

Last 16 games:
DRB% = 17.6
AST% = 24.9 (1.3 A/TO)
BLK% = 4.5
STL% = 2.2
3P% = 42.9% (44.5 3Pr)
USG% = 20

--

other key notes:

78% career FT shooter -- (solid)
shot 51.4% (39% asst'd.) at rim -- (poor)
only posted 22.7% FTr -- (poor)
18th ranked HS recruit in 2019 class (peaked at 11th in rankings)

--

per media:

James dealt with a nagging injury during the offseason that caused him to miss basically all of UT’s preseason practices, and that issue never really resolved itself throughout the season. Just when James was starting to play better and look like he was reaching his potential, he re-aggravated that hip/groin injury and missed a couple weeks to start the month of February.

According to long-time Knoxville reporter Jimmy Hyams, Barnes said that James has “transformed his body” this offseason after taking yoga to improve his flexibility. Barnes went on to say that the yoga sessions have been “life-changing” for James.

In James’ first four games after returning from injury, he averaged just 3.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1.5 blocks while making just 28.6 percent of his threes. But once he was able to finally get back in the groove, he looked closer to that five-star status fans were hoping to see. In Tennessee’s final three regular season games, James averaged 10.3 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.3 steals, and a block while making 41.7 percent of his three-pointers.
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#168 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 6, 2020 11:01 am

Ummm... has anyone actually watched Jason Preston (Ohio) play? The kid is like a beta version of LaMelo but he can actually shoot.
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,332
And1: 4,163
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#169 » by Marcus » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:20 am

getrichordie wrote:Ummm... has anyone actually watched Jason Preston (Ohio) play? The kid is like a beta version of LaMelo but he can actually shoot.


I'm seeing smaller Kyle Anderson.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#170 » by getrichordie » Sun Jun 7, 2020 12:32 am

Marcus wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Ummm... has anyone actually watched Jason Preston (Ohio) play? The kid is like a beta version of LaMelo but he can actually shoot.


I'm seeing smaller Kyle Anderson.


That's a good one. He should have at least declared to receive feedback from NBA scouts. If he can get in the weight room and do some sprinting workouts, I can see him being a back-up point.
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
User avatar
TheSuzerain
RealGM
Posts: 12,880
And1: 8,062
Joined: Mar 29, 2012

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#171 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:26 pm

So Kuminga officially reclassifies to this draft?

Also, what's the unofficial story on Jalen Johnson leaving IMG?
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#172 » by getrichordie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:30 am

So who all reclassified or might reclassify?

Is this all the big names?

Jonathan Kuminga
Efton Reid
Moussa Cisse
Khristian Lander
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,620
And1: 47,492
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#173 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:47 am

TheSuzerain wrote:So Kuminga officially reclassifies to this draft?

Also, what's the unofficial story on Jalen Johnson leaving IMG?


yes, Kuminga is official
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE #DOWNWITHZIONISM
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,620
And1: 47,492
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#174 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:50 am

getrichordie wrote:So who all reclassified or might reclassify?

Is this all the big names?

Jonathan Kuminga
Efton Reid
Moussa Cisse
Khristian Lander


Kuminga, Cisse, Lander are officially in 21, not sure about Reid
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE #DOWNWITHZIONISM
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 14,193
And1: 3,287
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#175 » by Fischella » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 am

Reid isn't as of now, Cissé is also joining LSU almost guaranteed

weird roster for them

Smart-Cook
Thomas-Gaines-Hyatt
Days-Manning
LeBlanc-Wilkinson-O'Neal
Cissé-Ezewiro-Cooper-Gray

Heard rumors of Cooper/Gray and Hyatt leaving
MemphisX
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,676
And1: 1,513
Joined: Nov 10, 2011

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#176 » by MemphisX » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:12 pm

2021 is going to be strong.

Cisse is most likely NOT going to LSU. I would bet on Memphis or G-League.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,620
And1: 47,492
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#177 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Fischella wrote:Reid isn't as of now, Cissé is also joining LSU almost guaranteed

weird roster for them

Smart-Cook
Thomas-Gaines-Hyatt
Days-Manning
LeBlanc-Wilkinson-O'Neal
Cissé-Ezewiro-Cooper-Gray

Heard rumors of Cooper/Gray and Hyatt leaving


Days returning for sure?
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE #DOWNWITHZIONISM
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 41,620
And1: 47,492
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#178 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:40 pm

MemphisX wrote:2021 is going to be strong.


it's gonna be bonkers
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE #DOWNWITHZIONISM
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
Posts: 15,640
And1: 5,102
Joined: Jun 25, 2009
Location: the Arizona desert

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#179 » by DirtyDez » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:07 am

Poor competition but very comfortable with that ball:

Read on Twitter
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
User avatar
getrichordie
General Manager
Posts: 8,185
And1: 1,711
Joined: Oct 22, 2015
 

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#180 » by getrichordie » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:43 am

Spoiler:
DirtyDez wrote:Poor competition but very comfortable with that ball:

Read on Twitter


His stocks are crazy, even for NKL/LKL play. 2.75 STL% + 5.17 BLK%.
#yeezy4prezzy

:basketball: 2020 BIG BOARD

Return to NBA Draft