2021 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#321 » by DirtyDez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 pm

MemphisX wrote:Yeah, this board is going to be fun this draft cycle.

I’m sure like CFB there’s going to be a bunch of CBB games that don’t happen. Depending on how the conferences don’t all have the same guidelines regarding COVID but at least the rosters/team personnel are smaller. Preseason tournaments have already been cancelled for the most part. Hopefully we get a taste.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#322 » by nolang1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 am

Sharife Cooper is having eligibility issues and is said to be looking at overseas options. I was surprised more players weren't doing this back in March/April when it was obvious that Covid was going to affect the college season in at least some capacity, and I wonder if some might end trying to leave mid-season if there are enough canceled NCAA games.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#323 » by Marcus » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:30 am

nolang1 wrote:Sharife Cooper is having eligibility issues and is said to be looking at overseas options. I was surprised more players weren't doing this back in March/April when it was obvious that Covid was going to affect the college season in at least some capacity, and I wonder if some might end trying to leave mid-season if there are enough canceled NCAA games.

to late to go G-League?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#324 » by GimmeDat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:06 am

TBH, I'm not sure NBL teams will have a heap of interest in Sharife Cooper. If there's one takeaway they had from last season, it's that they'd much prefer to organise a draft and stash than a HS prospect for productions sake, and particularly so at the PG position because of the quality imports that need to be defended, as well as the offensive responsibility of running the offense.

Teams are also pretty fleshed out at this point.

There's certainly a few teams where he could be a handy 2nd unit sparkplug, but I doubt he'll be anyone's first option.
Finesse
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#325 » by Finesse » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:15 am

I have 3 NBA teams I like - Grizzlies, Jazz and Heat, in that order. My hope is any of these 3 teams get Jalen Green. Doesn't matter to me if he's first or last picked, just as long as he goes to my teams. :)
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#326 » by MemphisX » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:13 am

Finesse wrote:I have 3 NBA teams I like - Grizzlies, Jazz and Heat, in that order. My hope is any of these 3 teams get Jalen Green. Doesn't matter to me if he's first or last picked, just as long as he goes to my teams. :)

Grizz fans definitely want Green especially after he was supposed to go to Memphis for college.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#327 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:26 am

I think Green is overrated but he is prob going top5 deservedly or not, so I don't quite see how any of those teams have a shot really
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#328 » by kobyz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Cade Cunningham = Deni Avdija
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#329 » by CoreyVillains » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 pm

Never too early for a little 2021 Film Sesh!

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#330 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:28 pm

kobyz wrote:Cade Cunningham = Deni Avdija

we'll see what Deni does this year but i'm struggling to see this comp.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,781

Post#331 » by UcanUwill » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:02 pm

CalL wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
CalL wrote:
What about guys like Ayayi, Jokubaitis, Wagner, Schoormann, Sylla, Begarin, Krejci, Grant, Tshiebwe, Dante, Bassey, Petrusev or Faye? Any opinion on them?

i'm not including guys like Ayayi, Tshiebwe, Bassey, Wagner, Dante cuz they're playing in the NCAA, don't consider them 'international guys' at this point

Krejci just got draffted in the 20 class btw

and yes Sylla and Begarin etc. belong on the list I gave you just didn't list everyone, but sounds like you already knew about them so not sure what your are asking now

Because i wanted to know how other people rate those players. Who could possibly be drafted in the first round and how would other people rank those players? Doesn't Diabate also play college?

I didn't know about Krejci. I am not sure whether it would have been better for him to drop out and try to get drafted in the first round next year. Many of the european guys who get drafted in the 2nd round never even make it to the NBA.

If Jokubaitis keeps improving, he is a first rounder. Really liking his game.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#332 » by doordoor123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 pm

The Hauser brothers are going to have a big year I think. Sam Hauser is pretty much the star of Virginia right now. Had a great first game.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#333 » by doordoor123 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Adam Miller from Illinois looks good for a freshman. Don't think he's a high-end type of player, but he shoots in rhythm, can run and knows how to get to his spots. Dosunmu also looks like he's in for a big year.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#334 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm

First time watching Cade Cunningham (vs. UT Arlington).

He looks big, fluid, and skilled but not explosive. Is that about right?
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#335 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:24 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:First time watching Cade Cunningham (vs. UT Arlington).

He looks big, fluid, and skilled but not explosive. Is that about right?

in it's rawest form. pretty much.
Watch More Basketball

AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#336 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 pm

OK, his handle while going full speed is ridiculous. I seent it.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#337 » by Marcus » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:26 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:OK, his handle while going full speed is ridiculous. I seent it.

so i had to learn this the hard way through watching him in full games but Cade is going to surprise folks and be more athletic than he'll get credit for. it's not elite by any means whatsoever but his timing, angles, and ability to chew space closes the gap with the lack of elite explosion. Best part of it all is what you just pointed out, because he moves so fluidly, sees the game frames ahead, and has the skill to match he takes full advantage of not having that athletic advantage. When he gets dropped off around some NBA talent next year i don't think it takes long to see a difference maker.
Watch More Basketball

AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#338 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:05 am

Marcus wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:OK, his handle while going full speed is ridiculous. I seent it.

so i had to learn this the hard way through watching him in full games but Cade is going to surprise folks and be more athletic than he'll get credit for. it's not elite by any means whatsoever but his timing, angles, and ability to chew space closes the gap with the lack of elite explosion. Best part of it all is what you just pointed out, because he moves so fluidly, sees the game frames ahead, and has the skill to match he takes full advantage of not having that athletic advantage. When he gets dropped off around some NBA talent next year i don't think it takes long to see a difference maker.

What do you think of Jalen Johnson?

I'm trying to figure out why someone with his body, skill, and feel is consistently mocked behind players with way worse frames (Green and Boston).
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#339 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:10 am

Caleb Love seems like a step down from both Coby and Cole to me
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#340 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:20 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Marcus wrote:

What do you think of Jalen Johnson?

I'm trying to figure out why someone with his body, skill, and feel is consistently mocked behind players with way worse frames (Green and Boston).

I love JJ on paper, he's my favorite prototype player wise. Main knocks on him are and have been motor on defense and that switch. With his size and skill he should be a guy that goes out there and absolutely takes over game in and game out and that doesn't happen. Jalen Green is a guy that you'd never worry about that with and having that level of dog does carry weight when the talent level is as high as his. With Boston i'd still like to see it so i'd likely attribute him leapfrogging over Johnson to Boston being seen as much as he was at Sierra Canyon and performing arguably the best on a fairly loaded team combined with JJ missing essentially the whole season. Personally i still have Terrance Clarke over Boston even though i think Brandon will have a better season and go higher in the draft. I think JJ if he shows some dog when necessary playing for Coach K he lands back in that top 3 mix like his talent should slot him. He needs to work on that jumper though.
Watch More Basketball

Return to NBA Draft