2021 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#341 » by doordoor123 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:35 am

This class is reminding me of what good prospects are. These guys are legitimately good. I think this might be a really good draft.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,487

Post#342 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:30 am

Marcus wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Marcus wrote:
so i had to learn this the hard way through watching him in full games but Cade is going to surprise folks and be more athletic than he'll get credit for. it's not elite by any means whatsoever but his timing, angles, and ability to chew space closes the gap with the lack of elite explosion. Best part of it all is what you just pointed out, because he moves so fluidly, sees the game frames ahead, and has the skill to match he takes full advantage of not having that athletic advantage. When he gets dropped off around some NBA talent next year i don't think it takes long to see a difference maker.

What do you think of Jalen Johnson?

I'm trying to figure out why someone with his body, skill, and feel is consistently mocked behind players with way worse frames (Green and Boston).

I love JJ on paper, he's my favorite prototype player wise. Main knocks on him are and have been motor on defense and that switch. With his size and skill he should be a guy that goes out there and absolutely takes over game in and game out and that doesn't happen. Jalen Green is a guy that you'd never worry about that with and having that level of dog does carry weight when the talent level is as high as his. With Boston i'd still like to see it so i'd likely attribute him leapfrogging over Johnson to Boston being seen as much as he was at Sierra Canyon and performing arguably the best on a fairly loaded team combined with JJ missing essentially the whole season. Personally i still have Terrance Clarke over Boston even though i think Brandon will have a better season and go higher in the draft. I think JJ if he shows some dog when necessary playing for Coach K he lands back in that top 3 mix like his talent should slot him. He needs to work on that jumper though.

Motor. It’s always motor. I should’ve guessed. Everything else about his game is so appealing.

Will look closer at Clarke, I haven’t spent much time with him.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#343 » by BostonCouchGM » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:16 am

I still don't see why people love Boston. He's definitely not a lottery talent in this loaded draft and I've seen people talk about him as a top 5 pick. Clarke is without a doubt a better prospect.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#344 » by EMG518 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:42 am

Evan Mobley is clearly a beast

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#345 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:03 am

Mobley is so **** good

i had already moved him into T1 for me with Green/Cade, he's that good.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#346 » by Jkam31 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:03 am

EMG518 wrote:Evan Mobley is clearly a beast

It looks like he’ll be great with his shot and a pick and roll player I don’t see this athleticism I was lead to believe however
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#347 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:14 am

Upperclass wrote:Jalen Green is far and away the best player in this class imo and probably best within the past 8 years (since AD)

nah, he's too passive to be great imo

reminds me a lot of rudy Gay. You probably just watched his highlights instead of the games.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#348 » by God Squad » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:08 am

EMG518 wrote:Evan Mobley is clearly a beast

Looks to be the prototypical 4 in today's NBA.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#349 » by big-shot-ROB » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 am

Mobley is a 5.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,094

Post#350 » by The-Power » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Mobley is incredibly skilled and fluid for a guy his size. But I have no idea why people had concerns about Wiseman's motor (which I've contended it actually quite good) whereas I haven't seen that issue come up as much with Mobley, who I believe is perhaps most held back by his motor. Or have I just missed that? I could also be wrong, haven't seen enough of him yet, but he seems to just float around in space too often.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#351 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Marcus wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:OK, his handle while going full speed is ridiculous. I seent it.

so i had to learn this the hard way through watching him in full games but Cade is going to surprise folks and be more athletic than he'll get credit for. it's not elite by any means whatsoever but his timing, angles, and ability to chew space closes the gap with the lack of elite explosion. Best part of it all is what you just pointed out, because he moves so fluidly, sees the game frames ahead, and has the skill to match he takes full advantage of not having that athletic advantage. When he gets dropped off around some NBA talent next year i don't think it takes long to see a difference maker.

A wealthy man's Slo Mo? I'd be much obliged if we can get a weekly highlight package for the top 10 prospects in this draft. This draft could be a 2 in 1 without actually being a 2 for 1 draft. It really depends what the intl prospects offer us that are not Hayes or Deni level talents.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#352 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Mobley showed a little bit of everything last night. I'm impressed.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#353 » by DirtyDez » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Are we just gonna pretend USC wasn’t in OT with California Baptist?
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#354 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:13 pm

DirtyDez wrote:Are we just gonna pretend USC wasn’t in OT with California Baptist?

...and?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#355 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Charles Bassey looks good, moving really well, looks lighter, quicker feet, just gotta stay healthy
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#356 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:58 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
Marcus wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:OK, his handle while going full speed is ridiculous. I seent it.

A wealthy man's Slo Mo? I'd be much obliged if we can get a weekly highlight package for the top 10 prospects in this draft. This draft could be a 2 in 1 without actually being a 2 for 1 draft. It really depends what the intl prospects offer us that are not Hayes or Deni level talents.

I can see the comp but he should be much better than Kyle was. Tighter handle and he actually has speed in the open floor Kyle used for force at his stopping points while Cade uses bait, misdirection, and your balance against you. If you saw his first pull up he used the Durant rock as bait before opening space for a mid-range with a quick cross back the opposite direction once the defender planted and tried to cut angle. He's just smart with the ball so he doesn't need elite quicks. We see the same with Luka.

I'm sure there will be tons of clips all season. This is a class us draft heads have been waiting for. Stay tuned.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#357 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Are we just gonna pretend USC wasn’t in OT with California Baptist?

...and?

Won't lie. Was asking why the hell myself lol
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#358 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

...and?

I can’t imagine any scout or nba team would look at his first college game and hold it against him that his team went to OT to beat a bad team.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#359 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:00 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
...and?

I can’t imagine any scout or nba team would look at his first college game and hold it against him that his team went to OT to beat a bad team.

Oh Mobley is a completely separate convo. I wouldn't care if they went winless if he's doing what he needs to do. Just thought it was odd
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#360 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:41 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
...and?

Sidenote. I expect to see your fanbase really heavy on the boards with the moves Presto Presti has made. With the classes coming up and the kid in your Avatar I see OKC making a quick bounce back. Gonna be the most interesting team to watch going forward.
Watch More Basketball

Return to NBA Draft