Re: 2021 NBA Draft 

Post#41 » by clyde21 » Thu May 7, 2020 10:55 pm

Cade is kinda like Penny, less athletic tho
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#42 » by clyde21 » Sat May 9, 2020 9:19 pm

where is the confirmation on Kuminga to tech?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,663

Post#43 » by Duke4life831 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:52 pm

clyde21 wrote:where is the confirmation on Kuminga to tech?

Is it rumored that its a done deal? I know Tech is viewed by many as a heavy favorite because his brother is there.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#44 » by Hogified05 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:36 am

2020 draft bores me to tears. Glad the Magic aren't at the top of this draft. Haven't dug too deep on 2021 yet. I can help with the Gator prospects that are coming back, watched most of their games.

Scottie was pretty bad at the beginning of the year, his defense is top notch and his body will continue filling out. He started to gain his confidence in his jump shot towards the end of the year and figure out what he is good at on the court. Played his way back into the 1st round towards the end of the year but if he can find a consistent 13-15 points a game he could end up in the lottery next year or mid 1st.

Keyontae is interesting. He was our best and most consistent player last year, followed closely by Nemhard. He is just about as athletic as Scottie. His stroke improved dramatically this year. He plays a lot bigger then his 6'5 frame, but he is a lot bulkier than Scottie. Sort of plays like a PF but 6'5 is small in the NBA for PF even SF. But he can guard bigger dudes been doing it his whole career at UF. He might have flirted with the first round this year but if he produces again next year I think he could be a 1st round selection. Be nice to have a couple guys go in the first round from UF, been awhile since we have even had a 1st rounder. Beal maybe?

Nemhard flirted last year with going pro, think he stays in this year. He is solid all around. Decent stroke, good hands, good playmaking, generally good decision making. Think he gets drafted. He is a huge PG at 6'5, that would probably be the only reason he would flirt with the 1st round.

Tre Mann has declared but I'd be shocked if he stayed in. He was a disaster this year. Unless he needs the money and goes G-League route I see no way he gets drafted this year. He had zero confidence and look lost and over matched most the year. I fully expected him to come back if Nemhard leaves. The only saving grace he may have is he was playing out of position and he truly is a PG.

Samson Ruzhentsev is the one incoming freshman I'm excited about. Dude put 31 up on Anthony Edwards in high school. He has size at 6'7. Has a great stroke and has some great hops and seems to have some fire in his belly. I think if we have a good year next year it will be because he has a big freshman year. I think he could sneak up on people for the 2021 draft.

Also I hope the Magic flame out for the 2022 draft. Bates is F*ing legit lol
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#45 » by a-French-Fan » Wed May 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Maybe, there will be 2 french prospects in the green room this year: Hayes and Malédon. Hayes played in Eurocup this year and showed his abilities after a bad year in french league. Maledon after a good year in french league and Eurocup, didn't show more. Actually an oter 17 years old point guard revealed this year in ASVEL: Matthew Strazel. He got minutes and a true role in euroleague and showed some good things. So, maybe he would be a good prospect for 2021 green room.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#46 » by Marcus » Wed May 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Kai Sotto going G-League with Jalen
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#47 » by getrichordie » Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Really wanted Keyontae to declare this year but he will be a nice prospect. FRP potential. Played really well on Florida who had one of the toughest schedules this year and has good size for the 3.

I think Neemias Queta also has FRP potential. His impact stats absolutely dwarf Okongwu’s and he has the requisite size for a 5. Relatively mobile for his size.

Really excited for Daishen Nix. He looks like a straight baller.

Any other returning players that are FRP, early 2nd quality?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#48 » by big-shot-ROB » Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 am

Marcus wrote:Kai Sotto going G-League with Jalen

Is this guy any good? Or a little bit the product of pinoy hype?
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#49 » by No-Man » Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 am

Sotto has some skill, would've been a good college player, really tall/long, nice touch, good body control and has moves, but he is very stiff, narrow, and just okay athletically, I don't think he is a NBA big unless he makes great strides physically or shoot bananas from 3
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#50 » by big-shot-ROB » Thu May 14, 2020 8:49 am

Very early thoughts, but I feel Scottie Barnes is going ot be very very good.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Marcus » Thu May 14, 2020 9:12 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:Very early thoughts, but I feel Scottie Barnes is going ot be very very good.

That's my guy
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by Marcus » Thu May 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Of our four GLeague commits who has the best chance of raising stock?

Jalen Green I'm guessing doesn't move one way or the other he's top 3-5 easy regardless.

Isaiah Todd I've seen anywhere from 10 to late first. Clearly talented and there's a lot to love there is GLeague better than a Michigan showcase in terms of stock?

Daishen Nix has a really smooth game. How would he project against say a Devin Askew in terms of stock? Skipping UCLA could be the best move if Askew is a necessary floor general coach Cal needs for all that talent UK has coming in.

Kai Sotto would likely be a two and through college guy so to accelerate his nba training this move makes sense. Puts him on the radar faster and in person but does it do anything to aide his stock if he was already looking like a second rounder?
Watch More Basketball

getrichordie
General Manager

Post#53 » by getrichordie » Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Marcus wrote:Of our four GLeague commits who has the best chance of raising stock?

Jalen Green I'm guessing doesn't move one way or the other he's top 3-5 easy regardless.

Isaiah Todd I've seen anywhere from 10 to late first. Clearly talented and there's a lot to love there is GLeague better than a Michigan showcase in terms of stock?

Daishen Nix has a really smooth game. How would he project against say a Devin Askew in terms of stock? Skipping UCLA could be the best move if Askew is a necessary floor general coach Cal needs for all that talent UK has coming in.

Kai Sotto would likely be a two and through college guy so to accelerate his nba training this move makes sense. Puts him on the radar faster and in person but does it do anything to aide his stock if he was already looking like a second rounder?

For me, it's Todd. Honestly, he has a higher ceiling than Green from everything I've seen but don't know if he reaches it. There's an arrogant vibe I get off of him.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#54 » by GimmeDat » Fri May 15, 2020 4:52 am

I lean torwards Todd being overrated. Toolsy, but not sure the feel is there, don't think he has the motor or discipline from what I've seen, and the defense is bad (all from what I've seen, which is not heaps, but my impression).

I think there's a chance Nix is the better prospect on the roster.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#55 » by getrichordie » Fri May 15, 2020 5:16 am

GimmeDat wrote:I lean torwards Todd being overrated. Toolsy, but not sure the feel is there, don't think he has the motor or discipline from what I've seen, and the defense is bad (all from what I've seen, which is not heaps, but my impression).

I think there's a chance Nix is the better prospect on the roster.

Probably haven't watched as much of Todd as you, but that wouldn't surprise me. He's already giving me a strong "attitude problems" vibe. But, we have to keep in mind, these kids are young and they can mature as well as their work ethic.

One thing is for sure: he's athletically gifted and has pretty good feel for the game.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM

Post#56 » by clyde21 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 am

Todd is good
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#57 » by No-Man » Fri May 15, 2020 8:18 am

Marcus wrote:Of our four GLeague commits who has the best chance of raising stock?

I think it's easily Nix, Todd is going to flop, Green is overrated but will remain so, Sotto isn't a real NBA prospect to me
clyde21
RealGM

Post#58 » by clyde21 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:00 pm

if anything Green is underrated lol
clyde21
RealGM

Post#59 » by clyde21 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:01 am

was obvious but McClung officially withdrew from the 20 draft and will transfer
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#60 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun May 17, 2020 7:50 am

clyde21 wrote:was obvious but McClung officially withdrew from the 20 draft and will transfer

apparently he left because Ewing wouldn't let him play point guard, but Idk a good team that will given his poor passing skills

Return to NBA Draft