Re: '19 Kabengele vs. '20 Okungwu 

Post#41 » by King Ken » Thu May 14, 2020 7:08 am

Okongwu and it's not even close.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#42 » by Spud2nique » Sun May 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Okongwu is more of a skilled player and far as his footwork on offense, his agility in space and his confidence in his moves. I would rate him around an 92/100 and Kab at a 79/100. I’m a huge Kab guy btw and I think he’s going to have one of the longest and most consistent careers for a big as a solid role player for a team.

Okongwu can be more for a team than just a role player. A fan of both though.

Old school terms:

Kabengele: Buck Williams lite

Okongwu: Ewing lite
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 300

Post#43 » by Thugleavy34 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:22 pm

getrichordie wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
If Kabengele is such a black hole on offense, how come he averaged more points per 100 possessions than Okungu in his last season?

A "black hole" is a guy who only concerns himself with getting points and doesn't pass. So yeah, you just made my point. :lol:

I can't explain why Okongwu is a better athlete if you don't see it for yourself.

Okongwu has a 8.4 AST% so let's not act like he's so much more willing than Kabengele... secondly, if a guy is a better athlete, you should be able to explain it

This thread's a good read! I like both players

i just want to make the quick point that AST% isn't necessarily indicative of being an unwilling passer. A player could be a good ballmover, but have a low AST% because he's not necessarily threading the needle and diming it to players.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#44 » by getrichordie » Mon May 25, 2020 7:27 pm

Thugleavy34 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
A "black hole" is a guy who only concerns himself with getting points and doesn't pass. So yeah, you just made my point. :lol:

I can't explain why Okongwu is a better athlete if you don't see it for yourself.

Okongwu has a 8.4 AST% so let's not act like he's so much more willing than Kabengele... secondly, if a guy is a better athlete, you should be able to explain it

This thread's a good read! I like both players

i just want to make the quick point that AST% isn't necessarily indicative of being an unwilling passer. A player could be a good ballmover, but have a low AST% because he's not necessarily threading the needle and diming it to players.

Also, AST% can be lower if none of your teammates can shoot.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to NBA Draft