Jaime Jaquez Jr.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Jaime Jaquez Jr. 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun May 10, 2020 1:23 am

Wanted to create this thread while it's on my mind. Very good chance he would have ended up with a first round grade from me this year. Good size (+3 wingspan supposedly), athleticism, motor, etc. Can do a lot of things. I think if he can demonstrate some improvement in the 3pt shooting (say >= 36%) on good volume, you're looking at a potential lottery guy next year in 2021, even in a loaded class.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: Jaime Jaquez Jr. 

Post#2 » by getrichordie » Sun May 10, 2020 10:05 am

When you say he can do a lot of things, that's very vague. What do you mean?

What has he done to suggest that he has potential to go from the #83 ranked high school prospect to a lottery pick as a sophomore?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Sun May 10, 2020 10:27 am

lotto is very strong to me, but I def like him, he is Matt Barnes-y

HS rankings are generally bull, RSCI has value in terms of floor, not really much outside of that
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#4 » by getrichordie » Sun May 10, 2020 11:17 am

Fischella wrote:lotto is very strong to me, but I def like him, he is Matt Barnes-y

HS rankings are generally bull, RSCI has value in terms of floor, not really much outside of that

I get that but not many guys go from being ranked that low to being a lotto pick in their sophomore year...
[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by No-Man » Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 am

It has literally happened almost every year man
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#6 » by EvanZ » Sun May 10, 2020 3:27 pm

getrichordie wrote:When you say he can do a lot of things, that's very vague. What do you mean?

What has he done to suggest that he has potential to go from the #83 ranked high school prospect to a lottery pick as a sophomore?

Dribble, drive, I think the shooting will be there, defends, has good length and size for a guardy/wing, smart player. He checks a lot of boxes. If he was in Europe a lot of you would have him top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Fischella wrote:lotto is very strong to me, but I def like him, he is Matt Barnes-y

Yeah looks like a hot take right now, but like I said it’s predicated on the shooting taking a leap. If it doesn’t take that leap then all bets are off.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#8 » by EvanZ » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:27 pm

getrichordie wrote:

I get that but not many guys go from being ranked that low to being a lotto pick in their sophomore year...

Haliburton, Obi, and Vassell all unranked high school players.

FWIW Jacquez is #95 on the ESPN 2019 rankings:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2019/order/true
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#9 » by getrichordie » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:43 pm

EvanZ wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Haliburton, Obi, and Vassell all unranked high school players.

[twitter] @thunderdustin
Dani Sin
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Dani Sin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:37 pm

i am also expecting a good game from him, this is the chance to coming back to in game, also check this out for more information about [url=i am also expecting a good game from him, this is the chance to coming back to in game, also check this out for more information about Debit Card Validator https://rianfarrell.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/07/01/050442

Return to NBA Draft