Other
2%

Total votes: 41

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Re: RealGM Consensus big board - #14 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:40 am

getrichordie wrote:POR should want Williams or Reed here. Period. I’d slot Reed at the 3.

there is no way Reed's a 3
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#22 » by Catchall » Tue May 19, 2020 3:44 am

clyde21 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:POR should want Williams or Reed here. Period. I’d slot Reed at the 3.

there is no way Reed's a 3

I agree. I think Reed's role will be similar to Kevon Looney, a defensive-minded 4/5. He's much better than Looney though.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 537

Post#23 » by Goldbum » Tue May 19, 2020 3:52 am

Not in love with the positional fit, but he does smack of a Neal Olshey pick. If they did this the Blazers would almost have to trade CJ right?
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
clyde21
RealGM

Post#24 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:54 am

people this isn't a mock only a big board, we can do a mock after the lotto
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#25 » by getrichordie » Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 am

Some scouts agree that Reed can defend 3-5. If so, why can’t he be a 3 if he can guard 3s? Plenty of offense coming from
Same, CJ, and Nurkic according to POR fans on the boards. Collins at the 4 too.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM

Post#26 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:54 am

he's not a 3 because he's not a 3, he's a combo big, he's not a wing defender and nor does he do anything a wing does offensively
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#27 » by getrichordie » Tue May 19, 2020 7:16 am

clyde21 wrote:he's not a 3 because he's not a 3, he's a combo big, he's not a wing defender and nor does he do anything a wing does offensively

Welcome to the era of positionless basketball.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,022

Post#28 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 19, 2020 7:17 am

> Kira
> Pat Will
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#29 » by No-Man » Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 am

Kira Lewis is mad overrated
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#30 » by getrichordie » Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 am

Fischella wrote:Kira Lewis is mad overrated

It's because he has a cool name :banghead: /s
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM

Post#31 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:37 am

getrichordie wrote:
clyde21 wrote:he's not a 3 because he's not a 3, he's a combo big, he's not a wing defender and nor does he do anything a wing does offensively

Welcome to the era of positionless basketball.

that's not what positionless basketball means, you can't just put players wherever the heck u want and call it a day lol
No-Man
RealGM

Post#32 » by No-Man » Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 am

Reed can't play SF because your offense would suck balls if you had him + 2 bigs on the floor

If you are talking him, plus KD/Dirk at PF and Towns/Jokic at Center, that's another thing, but we are talking a normal avg lineup etc

I also think his defensive versatility and mobility are overrated, kinda lots of wasted movement, he would get cooked in the perimeter at the moment, has potential there to be sure though

Kira is not bad, he just isn't that valauble to my eye at this point, I mean PGs kinda lock you up and limit versatility so the guy better be damn special to invest that high on one, I think Lewis is a high floor guy (Collison/Schröder type) but not one that I'd want to pick high, 20s is def fair for him, but in the top20 I'd prefer guys with more upside/versatility
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#33 » by getrichordie » Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 am

Fischella wrote:Reed can't play SF because your offense would suck balls if you had him + 2 bigs on the floor

If you are talking him, plus KD/Dirk at PF and Towns/Jokic at Center, that's another thing, but we are talking a normal avg lineup etc

I also think his defensive versatility and mobility are overrated, kinda lots of wasted movement, he would get cooked in the perimeter at the moment, has potential there to be sure though

Kira is not bad, he just isn't that valauble to my eye at this point, I mean PGs kinda lock you up and limit versatility so the guy better be damn special to invest that high on one, I think Lewis is a high floor guy (Collison/Schröder type) but not one that I'd want to pick high, 20s is def fair for him, but in the top20 I'd prefer guys with more upside/versatility

Reed is roughly the same size as Al-Farouq Aminu. Maybe a hair taller. He was a positive contributor as a 3 before being moved to the 4.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM

Post#34 » by No-Man » Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 am

Aminu has never been good as a SF
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#35 » by Hoopz Afrik » Tue May 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Aaron Nesmith
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
clyde21
RealGM

Post#36 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:57 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Fischella wrote:Reed can't play SF because your offense would suck balls if you had him + 2 bigs on the floor

Reed is roughly the same size as Al-Farouq Aminu. Maybe a hair taller. He was a positive contributor as a 3 before being moved to the 4.

that doesn't prove your point...there a reason Aminu had to move to the 4 and since 2016 he's played 97% of his snaps at the 4.

if u want to put Reed at the 3 go ahead but you're just gonna end up moving him down a position because it won't work in like 95% of lineups
clyde21
RealGM

Post#37 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Fischella wrote:Kira is not bad, he just isn't that valauble to my eye at this point, I mean PGs kinda lock you up and limit versatility so the guy better be damn special to invest that high on one, I think Lewis is a high floor guy (Collison/Schröder type) but not one that I'd want to pick high, 20s is def fair for him, but in the top20 I'd prefer guys with more upside/versatility

see, I agree here, lead guards unless they're truly special like a Cp3 or something are just not that valuable today when you want free flowing offense and ball/player movement

which is why i still wonder how you have Melo #1
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#38 » by Catchall » Tue May 19, 2020 7:34 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Kira is not bad, he just isn't that valauble to my eye at this point, I mean PGs kinda lock you up and limit versatility so the guy better be damn special to invest that high on one, I think Lewis is a high floor guy (Collison/Schröder type) but not one that I'd want to pick high, 20s is def fair for him, but in the top20 I'd prefer guys with more upside/versatility

see, I agree here, lead guards unless they're truly special like a Cp3 or something are just not that valuable today when you want free flowing offense and ball/player movement

I think Kira is a better prospect than Dennis Schroeder or Darren Collison. I think he's likely a legit starter. The practical question, as far as this draft is concerned, is how many teams are looking for a starting-caliber PG?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
clyde21
RealGM

Post#39 » by clyde21 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Catchall wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I think Kira is a better prospect than Dennis Schroeder or Darren Collison. I think he's likely a legit starter. The practical question, as far as this draft is concerned, is how many teams are looking for a starting-caliber PG?

not really talking about Kira specifically more referring to the overall lead guard archetype

guys like Schroeder and Collison are way better just running 2nd units off the bench (i think that's what will be Kira's best role tbh too but that's another discussion).
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#40 » by Stillwater » Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Catchall wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

naw I doubt that... he is quick and has starter potential if his vision improves more where he can be used at the 1 but right now his strengths are catch and shoot 3's and trying to burn defenders but lacks the advanced handles to do it consistently at the next level enough to suggest hes a legit starter as is. I think hes a back up pg as is at best on a good team anyway and a decent bench microwave type long term but will have to really impress defensively to get starter minutes imo as is and really does not have the length to justify that happening.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft