10%

Total votes: 31

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,290

Re: consensus big board -- who is #19? 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 12:41 am

getrichordie wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Also, I think that not having Saddiq Bey is a big ommission, probably add him in the next iteration?

My bad. That's an oversight on my part. Not intentional. Got it. Will probably drop Carey Jr. for him since he hasn't received any votes.

Also, thank god for the ignore feature. :rock:

I meant it more as an omission by everyone voting, haha, you are totally good : )

EDIT: Also, thanks for running this. Any time you run something like it there is weird pushback (I ran I think 2 GM a Team games and the site wide expansion draft the last two years, also some stuff in all of those...being the commish of GM a Team caused me to quit playing it lol).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#22 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 12:42 am

babyjax13 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Also, I think that not having Saddiq Bey is a big ommission, probably add him in the next iteration?

My bad. That's an oversight on my part. Not intentional. Got it. Will probably drop Carey Jr. for him since he hasn't received any votes.

I meant it more as an omission by everyone voting, haha, you are totally good : )

Oh, I thought you were saying I didn't put him in the poll. What do you mean he's a big omission? Like he's being overlooked for this spot?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#23 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 12:44 am

getrichordie wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Oh, I thought you were saying I didn't put him in the poll. What do you mean he's a big omission? Like he's being overlooked for this spot?

I think yes, I think he should have been looked at earlier, too. Not many wings that easily project as a nice rotation player, and he does. Not a crazy high upside, but I think somewhere in the teens is a reasonable spot (I'd have him in the 20s, but I operate off of highlights b/c why not, lol).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#24 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 12:53 am

babyjax13 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I think yes, I think he should have been looked at earlier, too. Not many wings that easily project as a nice rotation player, and he does. Not a crazy high upside, but I think somewhere in the teens is a reasonable spot (I'd have him in the 20s, but I operate off of highlights b/c why not, lol).

I'd disagree. His floor is an end of the bench guy. He hasn't show much lateral agility and doesn't have great burst. He's a good college 3-shooter, but haven't seen any NBA range from him. He's average athletically. Not very switchable. His ceiling is a low-level starting 4 who you can park in the corner and make some reads off of beating close outs. Much better prospects than him, IMO.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#25 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 1:28 am

I'm convinced that kid is creating new accounts to push Jaden McDaniels.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Post#26 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:32 am

getrichordie wrote:I'm convinced that kid is creating new accounts to push Jaden McDaniels.

First off, I am grown man, buddy.

Secondly, you sound like a little insecure paranoid person who can't believe that his opinion isn't RealGM basketball prospect law.

Thirdly, I highly suggest that you go outside and get a some fresh air as other people besides myself are voting for Jaden but you won't close the poll until someone else passes Jaden in order to soothe your bruised ego- huh?
:crazy: :crazy: :noway: :noway: :nonono: :nonono:

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#27 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:41 am

getrichordie wrote:I mean. Achiuwa can defend 1-5 and his offensive ceiling is much higher, IMO. Why take Bey over Achiuwa?

Are you guys actually convinced of precious as a high-level switch guy?

Not sure i see it, his instincts arent great and neither are his hip turns imo

I'm not buying him as a great switch guy rn
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#28 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:49 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
getrichordie wrote:I mean. Achiuwa can defend 1-5 and his offensive ceiling is much higher, IMO. Why take Bey over Achiuwa?

I think his hip turns are fine, IMO. His biggest issue is that he isn't great @ reading P&R switches yet, but I'm betting that he will get there. He's an older freshman and definitely looks like a late bloomer. I'm buying his trajectory.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#29 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:55 am

babyjax13 wrote:I switched to McDaniels to break the tie. I'm intrigued, I think 19 is a good spot for him.

The guy who started this poll seemingly won't close the poll until someone passes Jaden...it goes against his official RealGM prospect rankings.

After all he is the self proclaimed know it all RealGM forum 2020 NBA draft prospect god his will must be enforced by all means necessary. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#30 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:58 am

"Jaden McDaniels must be defeated, I can't let him win this poll"- Anonymous source. :starwars
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#31 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 2:59 am

Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I switched to McDaniels to break the tie. I'm intrigued, I think 19 is a good spot for him.

The guy who started this poll seemingly won't close the poll until someone passes Jaden...it goes against his official RealGM prospect rankings.

After all he is the self proclaimed know it all RealGM forum 2020 NBA draft prospect god his will must be enforced by all means necessary. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've been really confrontational in almost every post on every forum I've seen from you. Fine to disagree, but ripping into posters at every opportunity because they disagree with you is a bad look. Might get a ding for backseat modding here, but I think it's best to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of what you've been doing.

JColl
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior

Post#32 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:01 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Sir-Swish-A-Lot wrote:

You've been really confrontational in almost every post on every forum I've seen from you. Fine to disagree, but ripping into posters at every opportunity because they disagree with you is a bad look. Might get a ding for backseat modding here, but I think it's best to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of what you've been doing.

It's a two way street, buddy. I treat people like they treat me.

He's been trying to dog me out as well questioning my posts and making untrue accusations towards myself just because he's been a registered RealGM forum user longer than I have been...the more you know. :meditate: :meditate: :meditate:
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#33 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:06 am

getrichordie wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

I think his hip turns are fine, IMO. His biggest issue is that he isn't great @ reading P&R switches yet, but I'm betting that he will get there. He's an older freshman and definitely looks like a late bloomer. I'm buying his trajectory.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm just looking at the hip turns like this (:40 seconds) and they don't look great to me, feel like an NBA guy would be beating that most the time
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#34 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:11 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm just looking at the hip turns like this (:40 seconds) and they don't look great to me, feel like an NBA guy would be beating that most the time

That's weird. I feel like that hip turn was fine. It wasn't a world-beating hip turn or anything, but I feel like that hip turn is fine for the NBA. His hip turns aren't as quick as, let's say Okoro's, but you have to keep in mind he's 6'9/225. He's got a lot of weight to move. I don't know how many 6'9/225+ guys have quicker hip turns that.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#35 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:17 am

headtopchunes wrote:.

Look at his hips here @ 33:29

[twitter] @thunderdustin
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#36 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:21 am

getrichordie wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's weird. I feel like that hip turn was fine. It wasn't a world-beating hip turn or anything, but I feel like that hip turn is fine for the NBA. His hip turns aren't as quick as, let's say Okoro's, but you have to keep in mind he's 6'9/225. He's got a lot of weight to move. I don't know how many 6'9/225+ guys have quicker hip turns that.

it's okay I guess, but I think any good handler in the NBA is beating that, so it doesn't look great to me as a projection. Compare it to an elite switch guy like Bam

()

I don't think it looks great as far as the main appeal being a switch defender.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#37 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 2, 2020 3:34 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

it's okay I guess, but I think any good handler in the NBA is beating that, so it doesn't look great to me as a projection. Compare it to an elite switch guy like Bam

()

I don't think it looks great as far as the main appeal being a switch defender.

To each his own. I don't expect him to be on Bam's level defensively coming into the league, but I think it's similar. He just needs a good defensive coach. Don't see Bam as having WAY quicker hips than Achiuwa. But they are quicker flips but like I said I think Achiuwa improves.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#38 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 2, 2020 4:12 am

babyjax13 wrote:Going for Reed again, same reasons. Very advanced ball handling and switchable defender, has a clear role even if he doesn't develop a super reliable jumper. I feel very confident he will be a valuable contributor for a team for years to come - don't have that same confidence about some other players in this poll.

I dunno. If Reed doesn't fix his shot and hit some 3s, I think he's basically Mo Harkless with some mid-range game.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 2, 2020 4:33 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Going for Reed again, same reasons. Very advanced ball handling and switchable defender, has a clear role even if he doesn't develop a super reliable jumper. I feel very confident he will be a valuable contributor for a team for years to come - don't have that same confidence about some other players in this poll.

I dunno. If Reed doesn't fix his shot and hit some 3s, I think he's basically Mo Harkless with some mid-range game.

Reed is 6-10 with a huge wingspan. I think his downside would be more similar to Chris Bouchar with more playmaking skills than Mo Harkless.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#40 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 2, 2020 5:26 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:

Reed is 6-10 with a huge wingspan. I think his downside would be more similar to Chris Bouchar with more playmaking skills than Mo Harkless.

I like the toughness. I like the defense and intangibles. I like that he pushes the ball. If he measures at 6'9" w/o shoes and has a 7'2" wingspan, then his measurables are in the same neighborhood as Siakam. I wish I could rely on him to shoot and score at an NBA level. The question is whether he really has that in him. He's reportedly a hard worker.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft