*other (write-in)
4%

Total votes: 25

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

consensus big board -- who is #23? 

Post#1 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:53 am

Saddiq Bey wins the poll as the clear favorite with 8 votes with Bolmaro trailing with 5 votes.

I'm taking a page out of my own BB and adding Jalen Crutcher to the poll because I'm not sure there is a clear cut "consensus guy" to add to this. If you have suggestions, please feel free to post them and I will consider adding them to the poll and taking Crutcher or someone else out.

current consensus big board:
Spoiler:
1. Anthony Edwards
2. LaMelo Ball
3. James Wiseman
4. Killian Hayes
5. Deni Avdija
6. Tyrese Haliburton
7. Isaac Okoro
8. Cole Anthony
9. Onyeka Okongwu
10. Devin Vassell
11. Obi Toppin
12. R.J. Hampton
13. Tyrese Maxey
14. Kira Lewis Jr.
15. Aaron Nesmith
16. Aleksej Pokusevski
17. Patrick Williams
18. Josh Green
19. Jaden McDaniels
20. Paul Reed
21. Grant Riller
22. Saddiq Bey
23. ???

Who is going to be #23?

DO NOT FORGET TO POST REASONING BEHIND SELECTION.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Re: consensus big board -- who is #23? 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:27 am

i think wen should have 3 votes at this point because it's so wide open, that way if we don't get our #1 guy maybe we can get our #2 or #3 guy
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#3 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:38 am

I like Achiuwa. I think a team has to have a vision for him because I think are a number of skill sets you could try to take him. I see some shades of Bam Adebayo, Jeremi Grant, Lamar Odom, Trez Harrell with him. Gotta choose a role and develop his skills in it. I think he can be a great defender and unique offensive fit.

Hoping he makes to Boston at #17 as a Celtics fan.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#4 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:14 am

Are you @thunderdustin, GROD?

Going Bolmaro again, same reasoning.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#5 » by a-French-Fan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 am

So this is #23 topic... and Malédon is still here. So are we gonna vote for him this time, or are we gonna wait for second round and making him the biggest steal of this draft class? ^^
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#6 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:30 am

Posting this for visibility since we just voted in S. Bey

Read on Twitter
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#7 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:46 am

Also, mark my words: Achiuwa will be drafted before Saddiq, McDaniels, Reed, and Riller. Period.

You can bookmark that and save it for future or whatever.

Achiuwa should have been gone. He’s the most mobile big in this class by a mile. I have seen this man play post D, strip the ball, and take it coast to coast all by himself. Very very few big men are capable of such plays. That’s rare.

FT% and 3P% isn’t great but I buy him improving enough to where he’s a threat because his form looks really good. He just has to work on consistency.

His skill set and archetype is so valuable in today’s league. Not many big man can switch out on to the perimeter and hold their own. He projects to be able to do so with the right coaching. His problem isn’t lateral slides or not enough burst or recovery issues, it’s reads. That’s fixable.

Give me the guy who’s floor is:

+ plus rim-runner
+ 3-level defender
+ rebounding machine

Averaged 16 and 11 w/ 3 stocks in 30 minutes and a .500+ FTr for the cherry on top.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#8 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:20 am

I don't think that is some bold statement. Precious has all the athleticism you could ever want, and someone will likely take him top-20. That said, I have a hard time gambling on a dude with such a low feel for the game and no real jumper to speak of. What do you invest in a bench energy small-ball 5? Not a 1st, if it were me. Born to be a Rocket, I see a lot of Faried.

Give me Yves Pons as a UDFA instead, as a value alternative.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#9 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:23 am

Can we nominate? I feel like Desmond Bane and Isaiah Joe should be in the mix here, from my biased perspective.
#FreeChuckDiesel
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#10 » by No-Man » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:03 am

Dude, maybe be a little less bias? including Jalen Crutcher is straight up comedy
Sir-Swish-A-Lot
Senior
And1: 499

Post#11 » by Sir-Swish-A-Lot » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:03 am

Isaiah Stewart is a certified first round 2020 NBA draft pick that will most likely get drafted somewhere in the top 20.

Isaiah Stewart has the best hands of any big man in this draft. He's like a NFL tight end snatching passes/rebounds out of the air. He is built like a tank which makes him a potential devastating screen setter on the NBA level. Has a great touch, is very crafty around the basket with either hand. Has a high basketball IQ. Runs the court like a Gazelle. Is relentless on both ends of the court. And has only scratched the surface of his physical abilities.

Any team that drafts Isaiah Stewart will be getting a quality person off of the court that doesn't drink nor smoke nor is into the club scene but is focused on getting better at his craft. Barring injuries he will be a force to be reckoned with in the NBA for a long time.

JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#12 » by JamesConway » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:16 am

Voted for Bolmaro, next for me would probably be Maledon. Both have pretty good size for their position (Imo: Bolmaro SG, Theo: secondary/game-managing PG alongside a point forward-type) and workable skill levels. I think at least one of them will be able to carve out a role in the NBA as a spot starter/good bench player. Nice system players with BBIQ.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:16 pm

I voted for Stewart but would have picked Stix Smith or Pokuman if they were available.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#14 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:I voted for Stewart but would have picked Stix Smith or Pokuman if they were available.

Poku has already been voted in I believe. And you have the "other" option you can use to write in, man. That's what it is there for.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:43 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I voted for Stewart but would have picked Stix Smith or Pokuman if they were available.

Poku has already been voted in I believe. And you have the "other" option you can use to write in, man. That's what it is there for.

You're right - my bad. I change my vote to "other" - "writing in" Smith.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#16 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Cool. With that being said... what's the case for Stix? I don't think he's strong enough to play the 5 and I don't think he's mobile enough to the point where I trust him playing the 4. I just don't know what his path to success in the NBA is. His post defense should be passable at times, but I feel like I'd rather take a shot on a more proven archetype in Nick Richards. I have Jalen Smith in the 40 range on my BB.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#17 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Fischella wrote:Dude, maybe be a little less bias? including Jalen Crutcher is straight up comedy

Can you please stop crying? If you don't like an option, use the write-in selection. Jesus.

Oh, wait. Fischella's opinion is the most important. I forgot about that part.

And I have zero reason to be biased towards Crutcher, you fool.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#18 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

clyde21 wrote:i think wen should have 3 votes at this point because it's so wide open, that way if we don't get our #1 guy maybe we can get our #2 or #3 guy

I agree. I like this idea. I'll post it when #24 pops up.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:12 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Cool. With that being said... what's the case for Stix? I don't think he's strong enough to play the 5 and I don't think he's mobile enough to the point where I trust him playing the 4. I just don't know what his path to success in the NBA is. His post defense should be passable at times, but I feel like I'd rather take a shot on a more proven archetype in Nick Richards. I have Jalen Smith in the 40 range on my BB.

He's not a perfect prospect, but he's the best available at that point, imo. I do think center is his best position - though matchups could make that vary against some teams. His stats improved quite a bit when he was switched to center (after the Mitchell brothers decided to transfer). Lower body strength will definitely be an issue, but in today's small-ball game - he should be fine, and he can out-quick bigger centers. His production at both ends and efficiency combined with his athleticism and 3 point range should get him picked long before the 40 range. He's got the mobility on D, though he hasn't been a high BBIQ defender and passer. If anyone remembers Joe Smith (also from MD), there are a lot of similarities - though Joe was a big more instinctive and didn't build up his upper body like Stix has.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#20 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Ruzious wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Ruzious wrote:You're right - my bad. I change my vote to "other" - "writing in" Smith.

He's not a perfect prospect, but he's the best available at that point, imo. I do think center is his best position - though matchups could make that vary against some teams. His stats improved quite a bit when he was switched to center (after the Mitchell brothers decided to transfer). Lower body strength will definitely be an issue, but in today's small-ball game - he should be fine, and he can out-quick bigger centers. His production at both ends and efficiency combined with his athleticism and 3 point range should get him picked long before the 40 range. He's got the mobility on D, though he hasn't been a high BBIQ defender and passer. If anyone remembers Joe Smith (also from MD), there are a lot of similarities - though Joe was a big more instinctive and didn't build up his upper body like Stix has.

So you think Stix has a chance at being a starter or just a bench big?
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to NBA Draft