Daniel Oturu (Minnesota)

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
Posts: 13,566
And1: 3,576
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Contact:
   

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#41 » by City of Trees » Sat Sep 5, 2020 11:52 pm

I love his potential. 1st round talent.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,859
And1: 1,257
Joined: Mar 28, 2013

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#42 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:09 pm

I love the guy as a prospect! I have him in my top 10. If he ends up getting drafted outside of the top 10 and goes to a Hall of Fame coach like Pops, watch out, he is going to be special!
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 7,767
And1: 1,483
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#43 » by EvanZ » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:53 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I love the guy as a prospect! I have him in my top 10. If he ends up getting drafted outside of the top 10 and goes to a Hall of Fame coach like Pops, watch out, he is going to be special!


Well you're in luck because he wont' be drafted anywhere near the top 10. :lol:
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 29,505
And1: 16,803
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
       

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#44 » by MotownMadness » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:41 pm

I think he'll avg a low double double. This guy was constantly getting gaudy numbers
MemphisX
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,821
And1: 1,668
Joined: Nov 10, 2011

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#45 » by MemphisX » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 am

Unplayable in today's game for any team looking to do anything in the post season. Not worth any pick before 45.
kobyz
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 149
Joined: Oct 31, 2006

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#46 » by kobyz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:34 pm

MemphisX wrote:Unplayable in today's game for any team looking to do anything in the post season. Not worth any pick before 45.

lol, he could start on a bunch of teams, Celtics would be glad to upgrade the center position with him...
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 7,767
And1: 1,483
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#47 » by EvanZ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:10 pm

kobyz wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Unplayable in today's game for any team looking to do anything in the post season. Not worth any pick before 45.

lol, he could start on a bunch of teams, Celtics would be glad to upgrade the center position with him...


lol no
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,574
And1: 1,150
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#48 » by doordoor123 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 pm

The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.
kobyz
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 149
Joined: Oct 31, 2006

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#49 » by kobyz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:33 am

doordoor123 wrote:The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.

All those things you've said about Wendell Carter Jr
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,574
And1: 1,150
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#50 » by doordoor123 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:19 pm

kobyz wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.

All those things you've said about Wendell Carter Jr


When? Because my takes on Wendell Carter varied throughout that year. I don’t think you’re talking about me. He’s less athletic speed-wise and vertically than Carter. Carter was also a much better passer. I actually thought Carter would be able to move his feet. I’m pretty sure I had Carter super high so I don’t think that’s true.
kobyz
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 149
Joined: Oct 31, 2006

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#51 » by kobyz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:09 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
kobyz wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:The problem with Oturu is sliding on the perimeter. He might end up being a really good offensive player who can block shots, but he doesn’t have crazy size and can’t really slide on defense. Also can be kind of a black hole on offense, but that can be said about most bigs getting drafted this year. That’s the theme of this draft, guys who prefer trying to score than getting others involved.

All those things you've said about Wendell Carter Jr


When? Because my takes on Wendell Carter varied throughout that year. I don’t think you’re talking about me. He’s less athletic speed-wise and vertically than Carter. Carter was also a much better passer. I actually thought Carter would be able to move his feet. I’m pretty sure I had Carter super high so I don’t think that’s true.

I'm not talking about you specific, I'm talking about all those skeptical guys who automatically disqualify those type of bigs to translate
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 18,904
And1: 5,916
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:00 pm

Oturo kind of reminds me of Thomas Bryant? Is that a crazy comp? I don't have strong opinions of him being undermocked, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a first round pick and if someone reaches for him (e.g. Sacramento because Sacramento), but I don't hate what I see at all.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BlazersBroncos
Analyst
Posts: 3,636
And1: 2,579
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#53 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:03 pm

I think he likely tops out as an elite backup caliber center and to me, thats worth a late 1st rounder.

I think he could come in an give Portland 15-18 good bench minutes as a rookie, but 16 is just too high for a guy that doesnt have a realistic path to becoming a starter, because Nurkic.

I see him somewhere between Thomas Bryant and Kabengle.
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 7,767
And1: 1,483
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#54 » by EvanZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:12 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Oturo kind of reminds me of Thomas Bryant? Is that a crazy comp? I don't have strong opinions of him being undermocked, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a first round pick and if someone reaches for him (e.g. Sacramento because Sacramento), but I don't hate what I see at all.


Less skilled version of Bryant sounds about right.
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 7,767
And1: 1,483
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#55 » by EvanZ » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
I see him somewhere between Thomas Bryant and Kabengle.


^^^ this
kobyz
Senior
Posts: 679
And1: 149
Joined: Oct 31, 2006

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#56 » by kobyz » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:28 pm

I see Vin Baker
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 12,605
And1: 3,189
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#57 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:58 am

he has the potential to be drafted as high as late lottery imo.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,574
And1: 1,150
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#58 » by doordoor123 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:30 am

EvanZ wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
I see him somewhere between Thomas Bryant and Kabengle.


^^^ this


Two players that aren’t near their potential?
atlantabbq99
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,859
And1: 1,257
Joined: Mar 28, 2013

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#59 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:52 am

Oturu's floor is the Sixers' Al Horford. his ceiling could be a fringe all star like LaMarcus Aldridge.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 12,605
And1: 3,189
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Daniel Oturu (Minnesota) 

Post#60 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Oturu's floor is the Sixers' Al Horford. his ceiling could be a fringe all star like LaMarcus Aldridge.

I doubt his floor should be compared to 2 above avg offensive players when in their prime.
Maybe he can get there but that aint his floor by any means. I think his ceiling is a poor mans Myles Turner and his floor is
somebody like Brice Johnson and his most likely early comp is better version of Bobby Portis
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater

Return to NBA Draft