Elijah Hughes

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

SNPA
Head Coach
And1: 7,143

Elijah Hughes 

Post#1 » by SNPA » Tue Jul 7, 2020 6:15 pm

Anyone know about his game? Seems to be ranked a bit low based on just stats and highlights.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Re: Elijah Hughes 

Post#2 » by EvanZ » Tue Jul 7, 2020 7:10 pm

I like him ok as a late second round pick or UDFA. It's honestly tough sometimes evaluating guys who play for Syracuse because of the zone defense, and they just have a reputation of producing duds the last few decades. Hughes falls into the "he's fine" camp for me, but nothing jumps off the screen.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SNPA
Head Coach

Post#3 » by SNPA » Tue Jul 7, 2020 10:20 pm

Yeah the zone makes it tough. I'm just a sucker for wings that can weak side shot block.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Post#4 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jul 7, 2020 10:43 pm

For me, He just seems to possess a lot of similarities to Oubre. He's only an inch smaller, Has similar electric athleticism, And energy. And is also a decent defender and solid ISO scorer, Just like Oubre. I would love to be able to grab him as a versatile 6th man prospect for Phoenix. Or as potential Oubre insurance off the bench to be developed. :wink:
SNPA
Head Coach

Post#5 » by SNPA » Tue Jul 7, 2020 11:45 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:For me, He just seems to possess a lot of similarities to Oubre. He's only an inch smaller, Has similar electric athleticism, And energy. And is also a decent defender and solid ISO scorer, Just like Oubre. I would love to be able to grab him as a versatile 6th man prospect for Phoenix. Or as potential Oubre insurance off the bench to be developed. :wink:

I get some of this vibe from him too.

I would not be surprised to see him go earlier than is being mocked.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#6 » by getrichordie » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:12 am

SNPA wrote:Anyone know about his game? Seems to be ranked a bit low based on just stats and highlights.

I recently moved him to #21 on my board.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
SNPA
Head Coach

Post#7 » by SNPA » Wed Jul 8, 2020 12:29 am

getrichordie wrote:
SNPA wrote:Anyone know about his game? Seems to be ranked a bit low based on just stats and highlights.

That’s interesting. Way higher than mainstream mocks have him. What do you see that you like so much? Got a comp?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:07 am

SNPA wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

That’s interesting. Way higher than mainstream mocks have him. What do you see that you like so much? Got a comp?

Don't have a comp off the top of my head, but he's a PDS guy and there are only a handful of wings in this draft and I think he's one of the better ones. I think he shoots it fairly well, is decently athletic, and based on what little I've seen, I think he should be able to defend reasonably well.

Also,

Read on Twitter
?s=20
[twitter] @thunderdustin
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#9 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Jul 8, 2020 1:53 am

getrichordie wrote:

First you convince me Oturu definitely wont last to the Blazers second round pick, now you are trying to convince me Hughes wont either? You're killing me... Who should I start hoping to steal at 44 now?
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#10 » by getrichordie » Wed Jul 8, 2020 2:11 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

First you convince me Oturu definitely wont last to the Blazers second round pick, now you are trying to convince me Hughes wont either? You're killing me... Who should I start hoping to steal at 44 now?

There's some guys I like for the Blazers in that range:

Chris Smith
Killian Tillie
Kristian Doolittle
Vernon Carey Jr.
Abdoulaye N'Doye
Nate Hinton

Hell, I even think Bane or Bey could be available in that range. Their range is all over the place.

Another sleeper guy who is really raw but is super athletic and can probably defend the 4 fairly well is Eboua.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#11 » by doordoor123 » Wed Jul 8, 2020 2:35 pm

He carries such a big load for his team, I think his numbers are deflated for the responsibility hes had. With space and with NBA players around him I think his game will be better. His finishing is what scares me. Just misses some really easy buckets. Like bone-headed mistakes.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Post#12 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:23 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Reggie Perry maybe? :dontknow:

Return to NBA Draft