doordoor123 wrote:NYG wrote:The Anthony Bennett draft is frequently compared to this year's draft.
Let's just say it is...
1. This year's Anthony Bennett: Which player has the best odds to be a tier 2 player that goes 1st overall on draft night?
2. This year's Victor Oladipo: Which player projected in the top 5 has the best odds to be a late bloomer?
3. This year's Nerlens Noel: Which player has the best odds of the projected top 3 (James Wiseman, Anthony Edwards and LaMelo Ball) to fall out of the top 5?
4. This year's Giannis Antetokounmpo: Which player projected in the late lottery/mid-first has the best odds to be the best player in this draft?
5. This year's Rudy Gobert: Which player projected in the late first round has the best odds to be a Defensive Player of the Year winner?
6. This year's James Ennis: Which player projected in the late second round has the best odds to still be in the NBA in 7 years?
1. I dont think anyone is going to be as bad of a pick as Bennett was. Like he was immediately out of the league. I've never seen a first pick in the draft barely make a team until him. But I don't think Anthony Edwards is the player everyone expects him to be. He'll be solid in the way Tyreke Evans was solid.
2. LaMelo Ball. He won't be ready right away and he'll need some time to grow up.
3. Deni Avidja. I don't think he's going to be drafted top 5 and think he's a little overrated. Still think he'll be a lottery pick, but not top 5. Maybe not even top 10.
4. Tyrese Haliburton. I'm very sold on his upside. I think he has a lot more than people give him credit for and people don't give enough credit for how much growth hes shown the last two years. If he can do that his entire career he has a huge trajectory. Like perennial all-star.
5. Paul Reed. He's probably one of the best defenders in the draft with his size. He's going to be a steal where he goes.
6. Yoeli Childs. I don't think he's an NBA player right now, but he's so skilled. If he can increase is ability to move and defend and he gets in the best shape of his like I think we're talking about the second coming of Paul Millsap, who he admires.
Love the Yoeli mention. I agree on him having that kind of upward potential if the work ethic stays strong.