7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Re: RealGM consensus mock - Utah 

Post#2 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:26 am

I voted T.Bey and Jahmi'us.

Bey because imo Utah needs more defensive forwards and Jahmi'us because I think he can be a REALLY high level scorer by year two or three. He could take some pressure of Mitchell as Mitchell transitions to PG to replace an aging Conley.

Bey is my top pick here though. I need to watch more of Jahmi'us before I can put him over the safe pick that is Bey.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#3 » by MemphisX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:04 am

Bane or Bey
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,483

Post#4 » by playa-hater » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:23 pm

*Other.. Nico Mannion .. takes the pressure off D Mitch as a play-maker... Conley's eventual replacement
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#5 » by Catchall » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Several directions the Jazz could go here. I went with Leandro Bolmaro and Paul Reed.

Bolmaro has young-Ricky Rubio defense and passing at 6'7". His herky-jerky offensive game reminds me a bit of a young Goran Dragic. He just needs to stabilize his shooting.

I've compared Paul Reed to a slightly less bouncy Josh Smith, including both the good and the bad. He has the potential to be an impact defender all over the floor. He needs to fix his jumper, but he plays with motor and aggression on both sides, and he gets downhill.

Tyler Bey is a possibility. He needs to transition to playing on the perimeter, but he has Trevor Ariza measurables and defensive potential if he can.

Jaden McDaniels is in play too, but if he doesn't show he's put significant work in on his body and his game during this layoff, it means he doesn't have what it takes. He looks passive in some of his film.

Theo Maledon could be the NAW of this draft. He lacks burst and tended to defer to other players. Is he an NBA athlete?

Reggie Perry is a sleeper. I have no idea about his defense and coachability, but offensively he could develop into Al Horford.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:53 pm

getting into territory where most reasonable floor ( rotation level player at prospects ceiling) will be thinning and more older prospects with little if any upside but at least some rotational potential enter the picture as options. Maybe they get lucky and a decent floor big with starter potential like Perry or Reed is here. Of course there are going to be a few starter ceiling bust floor types still available and I think Utah should reach here on a McDaniels or maybe Oturo, but a rotation potential guard is safer and probably the wise investment for a team not needing much & probably more a fit thing so somebody like Flynn or Jones are options if they dont like the time it will take for a lead guard like Mannion or Terry if either are still there would take to contribute in any way
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 am

Bolmaro and Bey make the most sense for the way we play, and what our roster needs are. A point guard makes no sense and we won't draft one unless someone drops or the FO for some reason falls in love with a prospect.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Post#8 » by Negrodamus » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:29 am

Devon Dotson to shadow Conley or Desmond Bane to bomb threes with Mitchell.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#9 » by Catchall » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:47 pm

I like Paul Reed's potential a little more than Tyler Bey's, tbh.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#10 » by doordoor123 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Lol this just shows how stupid people are. Paul Reed is an all-around better player and has more upside than Bey. Even the fact he’s this low is ridiculous.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:24 am

doordoor123 wrote:Lol this just shows how stupid people are. Paul Reed is an all-around better player and has more upside than Bey. Even the fact he’s this low is ridiculous.

I've heard there are questions about the work ethic/attitude of both Paul Reed and Jaden McDaniels. I think both of those guys are more talented than Bey, but Bey would still be a nice fit.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by doordoor123 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:41 am

babyjax13 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Lol this just shows how stupid people are. Paul Reed is an all-around better player and has more upside than Bey. Even the fact he’s this low is ridiculous.

I've heard there are questions about the work ethic/attitude of both Paul Reed and Jaden McDaniels. I think both of those guys are more talented than Bey, but Bey would still be a nice fit.

Bey is a fine roleplayer, but if Paul Reed or McDaniels are in the board they need to be the pick. Paul Reed is a potential defensive player of the year type of player, he has that kind of potential. Guys like him don’t grow on trees. A 6’9/6’10 guy with that size, quickness, potential to shoot off the dribble and that kind of defensive fluidity needs to be top priority to any team.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#13 » by babyjax13 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:46 am

doordoor123 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Bey is a fine roleplayer, but if Paul Reed or McDaniels are in the board they need to be the pick. Paul Reed is a potential defensive player of the year type of player, he has that kind of potential. Guys like him don’t grow on trees. A 6’9/6’10 guy with that size, quickness, potential to shoot off the dribble and that kind of defensive fluidity needs to be top priority to any team.

Are you talking about Paul Reed when you are discussing potential to shoot of the dribble? Because his jumper is going to need to be completely reworked...But I agree that his athleticism and ball skills are really special.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:48 am

Also, I don't get why people are voting Bane. We have like 19,000 wings.

Power forward: Bojan Bogdanovic/Royce O'neale/Georges Niang
Small forward: Joe Ingles/Bojan Bogdanovic/Royce O'neale
Shooting Guard: Donovan Mitchell/Jordan Clarkson/Miye Oni/Rayjon Tucker

I don't think Bane is stealing significant minutes from that group. Tucker likely won't get minutes, and Oni will get spot minutes, and I don't see any reason to prefer Bane over Oni.

JColl
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by doordoor123 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 am

babyjax13 wrote:Also, I don't get why people are voting Bane. We have like 19,000 wings.

Power forward: Bojan Bogdanovic/Royce O'neale/Georges Niang
Small forward: Joe Ingles/Bojan Bogdanovic/Royce O'neale
Shooting Guard: Donovan Mitchell/Jordan Clarkson/Miye Oni/Rayjon Tucker

I don't think Bane is stealing significant minutes from that group. Tucker likely won't get minutes, and Oni will get spot minutes, and I don't see any reason to prefer Bane over Oni.

People here don’t care, they just vote for their favorite player. I originally voted Bane because I’d pick him over Bey and I’d rather he win over Bey. But Paul Reed and McDaniels are no-brainers.

Return to NBA Draft