Ranking These Euro Prospects

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, Marcus

Mirotic12
Analyst
Posts: 3,042
And1: 1,212
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#41 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
Dude, I am 100% certain you never saw young Javtokas.............

Dude I worked for Robertas for 3 months, I can text him right now

Maybe you do not know how verticals work? a 7'0 270lbs man having a 48'' vertical is literally physically impossible, like the max vertical record in the NBA combine's history is at 46''

It's like you defending that you ride a dragon to go to work

Dooooodooo lol de


User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 37,878
And1: 9,654
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#42 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:Dude I worked for Robertas for 3 months, I can text him right now

Maybe you do not know how verticals work? a 7'0 270lbs man having a 48'' vertical is literally physically impossible, like the max vertical record in the NBA combine's history is at 46''

It's like you defending that you ride a dragon to go to work

Dooooodooo lol de




Javale McGee did it better, with like a 32” vertical.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 42,062
And1: 7,524
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#43 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:15 pm

"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 14,523
And1: 3,395
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#44 » by Fischella » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:Dude I worked for Robertas for 3 months, I can text him right now

Maybe you do not know how verticals work? a 7'0 270lbs man having a 48'' vertical is literally physically impossible, like the max vertical record in the NBA combine's history is at 46''

It's like you defending that you ride a dragon to go to work

Dooooodooo lol de



:lol:
CalL
Sophomore
Posts: 207
And1: 85
Joined: Oct 07, 2016
   

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#45 » by CalL » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:29 pm

UcanUwill wrote:He barely played for Maccabi in Euroleague even when team was raved with injuries, so its hard for me to hype him. I think Hezonja was better Euroleague player at a time, tho they both were 2 big nothings. Afdija is very good in his age competition, winning gold as primary ball handler, he is 6'9 with strong body who can guard multiple positions, very few times he got burn in the Euroleague, he played very good defense covering players from SG to PF position. He also has playmaking potential, but he cant dribble with his left hand, so again hard to hype him as a sure thing, tho he has vision and feel for the game.

He is kinda like Dario Saric but more athletic, tho Saric was more dominant junior player and far more proven in Euroleague at a time he signed with NBA team. So picture Saric with better athleticism, but worse everything else.

To me its a bit crazy he is listed so high in the draft, college class must be absolutely brutal, otherwise I wouldnt justify him being ranked so high.

Out of the players you mentioned, I would say Deni is the worst prospect out of them all for sure.


Avdija is a nice player, but usually i doesn't mean much when someone lights it up at the junior level in Europe. I think Musa was even mor impressive at that level and he looks completely lost in the NBA. If i remember correctly, then most of the top european guys in the NBA (Giannis, Jokic, Gobert, Schröder, Porzingis) never looked really impressive/dominant in Europe. If i would be an NBA excecutive, i would be very cautious to draft european guys who aren't bigs. Usually they can't adapt to the athleticism in the NBA. Avdija has a lot of holes in his game (left hand, athleticism, free throw percentage -> how will his shooting look in the NBA) and i am not sure if he can fix all that. On the other hand he is a solid defender and also a pretty good passer, so i don't think that he will be a complete bust. It will be interesting to see if he can prove his critics wrong.
User avatar
UcanUwill
RealGM
Posts: 17,603
And1: 13,441
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
   

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#46 » by UcanUwill » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:42 pm

CalL wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:He barely played for Maccabi in Euroleague even when team was raved with injuries, so its hard for me to hype him. I think Hezonja was better Euroleague player at a time, tho they both were 2 big nothings. Afdija is very good in his age competition, winning gold as primary ball handler, he is 6'9 with strong body who can guard multiple positions, very few times he got burn in the Euroleague, he played very good defense covering players from SG to PF position. He also has playmaking potential, but he cant dribble with his left hand, so again hard to hype him as a sure thing, tho he has vision and feel for the game.

He is kinda like Dario Saric but more athletic, tho Saric was more dominant junior player and far more proven in Euroleague at a time he signed with NBA team. So picture Saric with better athleticism, but worse everything else.

To me its a bit crazy he is listed so high in the draft, college class must be absolutely brutal, otherwise I wouldnt justify him being ranked so high.

Out of the players you mentioned, I would say Deni is the worst prospect out of them all for sure.


Avdija is a nice player, but usually i doesn't mean much when someone lights it up at the junior level in Europe. I think Musa was even mor impressive at that level and he looks completely lost in the NBA. If i remember correctly, then most of the top european guys in the NBA (Giannis, Jokic, Gobert, Schröder, Porzingis) never looked really impressive/dominant in Europe. If i would be an NBA excecutive, i would be very cautious to draft european guys who aren't bigs. Usually they can't adapt to the athleticism in the NBA. Avdija has a lot of holes in his game (left hand, athleticism, free throw percentage -> how will his shooting look in the NBA) and i am not sure if he can fix all that. On the other hand he is a solid defender and also a pretty good passer, so i don't think that he will be a complete bust. It will be interesting to see if he can prove his critics wrong.



I made few bold comments here that I still rather have Musa than Avdija, I just dont get how Avdija is better. Musa has been terrible, but he is 21 so I still think he can turn it around, his confidense has been shot in NY, he was passing up open looks and just afraid to shoot it, I hope change of scenery will do him well.I liked him as a prospect more than Avdija. Musa even with weaker body being more of a project that way, was better Euro than Avdija, Avdija is not someone like Pokusevski whose 7 feet bigman, but weights 210 pounds, so you can justify that he is not getting playing time at highest Euro level right now. Avdija is big, strong, athletic, he can play defense, those are the reasons why people are hign on him, but even with all that his coach seemed to had reasons still not play him, so that is very worrysome. I think people will be shocked how bad he will look offensively in the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,241
And1: 3,319
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#47 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Marko Simonovic gets no love ...is it the t-rex aspect or what? SLEEPER
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater

Return to NBA Draft