Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Alperen Şengün 

Post#1041 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:38 pm

Alperen is top 1% in terms of height, career success, $$$$, and athletic talent in the world, and he’s a teenager.

Just be happy he doesn’t want your mediocre wife/gf
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Post#1042 » by Ayt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Sengun is not the best player in this year NBA Draft and he's highly overrated and for the position at which he will be taken at , he will end up as the bust. You heard it here first 8-) I will bet anyone on this thread.

This is going to age so poorly. :lol:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#1043 » by clyde21 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:15 pm

Stillwater wrote:
peZt wrote:I have no idea what's going on here. No idea what you guys talking about

I was just poking fun at Senguns incredibly ripe body sores smh apparently nobody ever told him about the invention call soap

why are u talking about acne on a teenagers body on a draft board? weird stuff.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#1044 » by DickGrayson » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:26 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I heard of this kid, and Turkish league is very good considering. That said, this is first time actually seeing his highlights, and I gotta say that his stats are far more impressive than his tape sadly. He is very young so he should expand this game, but those videos were underwhelming in my opinion. Pick and roll big, but not really athletic or long.

Damn now you're a believer lol
Edit: just read the whole thread and saw you converted a year ago.

Tbh I love bigs like Sengun. He will have a long career and be successful in the NBA and INT.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#1045 » by DickGrayson » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Just put up a 23-17-4-3blocks burger and the team is 5-1 in the last 6, with him as the fulcrum

Dunno, at some point he is just too good, could be Scola 2.0 really, needs to improve his plan on the move while facing up but he does showcase the ability to put it on the floor and not only in transition

He's not Scola. In terms of individual play, Scola is the best FIBA 4/5 of all time. Excluding NBA and FIBA team results, individually as a FIBA player, he was better than Dirk, Pau, Sabonis, Cosic, Radja, name any FIBA big ever, and none of them were as good as Scola was individually in national team games.

He's not Scola. Scola is way more skilled and has way more natural scoring ability.

I have watched Sengun in a few games here and there. Not a big sample size obviously. But he's just what I said earlier in the thread. He's a smaller, less athletic version of Bourousis. If he can stay the size is he is now, he might be OK on defense, especially if we are talking about the no defense NBA. But if he keeps getting bigger, he's not going to be able to play D in space, which is what happened to Bourousis.

But that's what I see, a shorter, smaller, considerably less athletic actually version of Bourousis. Which isn't bad at all. Because prime Bourousis was an absolute beast (he was the best center in Europe at his peak). Sengun doesn't have that kind of athleticism. But he does have that very big body and those very good skills around the basket, the rebounding, the shot blocking, the feel for the game, all of that like Bourousis had. So maybe not comparing him to younger Bourousis, but Bourousis when he was older, like say when he was in his early 30s. Like that, but smaller.

He's is miles away from Scola's moves and skills on offense though. If he just got to the offensive skill level, shooting ability, and moves Bourousis had - he's not there yet, but maybe he could get there, then we are talking about the difference from being extremely skilled for a big man (Bourousis), to being all-time greatest in skills and moves around the high post and low post (Scola).

Scola is a one of a kind player in terms of his offensive skills around the paint area. Plus, he's even one of the best stretch fives ever, and people don't even realize that, because in the NBA, for some reason, they didn't really let him shoot 3s all that much. I guess it was still that old school NBA mentality then, that bigs don't shoot 3s. But he's always been a very dangerous big to leave open on the perimeter as well. And his passing ability is also great. The NBA didn't really utilize Scola's passing ability either, but he's a really damn good passer also. Maybe not quite Sabonis, Divac, Jokic level, but right below that for a big man.

There is no comparison at all there offensively with Sengun and Scola. None. You are talking about really skilled big man (Sengun), versus all-time elite skilled in Scola.

Hot caca take but nothing new from you. Crazy to put a cap on a teenager's potential because you're more into nostalgia over facts.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1046 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:34 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
peZt wrote:I have no idea what's going on here. No idea what you guys talking about

I was just poking fun at Senguns incredibly ripe body sores smh apparently nobody ever told him about the invention call soap

why are u talking about acne on a teenagers body on a draft board? weird stuff.

to fk with people who care about it it is the offseason
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#1047 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:39 pm

DickGrayson wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
Fischella wrote:Just put up a 23-17-4-3blocks burger and the team is 5-1 in the last 6, with him as the fulcrum

Dunno, at some point he is just too good, could be Scola 2.0 really, needs to improve his plan on the move while facing up but he does showcase the ability to put it on the floor and not only in transition

He's not Scola. In terms of individual play, Scola is the best FIBA 4/5 of all time. Excluding NBA and FIBA team results, individually as a FIBA player, he was better than Dirk, Pau, Sabonis, Cosic, Radja, name any FIBA big ever, and none of them were as good as Scola was individually in national team games.

He's not Scola. Scola is way more skilled and has way more natural scoring ability.

I have watched Sengun in a few games here and there. Not a big sample size obviously. But he's just what I said earlier in the thread. He's a smaller, less athletic version of Bourousis. If he can stay the size is he is now, he might be OK on defense, especially if we are talking about the no defense NBA. But if he keeps getting bigger, he's not going to be able to play D in space, which is what happened to Bourousis.

But that's what I see, a shorter, smaller, considerably less athletic actually version of Bourousis. Which isn't bad at all. Because prime Bourousis was an absolute beast (he was the best center in Europe at his peak). Sengun doesn't have that kind of athleticism. But he does have that very big body and those very good skills around the basket, the rebounding, the shot blocking, the feel for the game, all of that like Bourousis had. So maybe not comparing him to younger Bourousis, but Bourousis when he was older, like say when he was in his early 30s. Like that, but smaller.

He's is miles away from Scola's moves and skills on offense though. If he just got to the offensive skill level, shooting ability, and moves Bourousis had - he's not there yet, but maybe he could get there, then we are talking about the difference from being extremely skilled for a big man (Bourousis), to being all-time greatest in skills and moves around the high post and low post (Scola).

Scola is a one of a kind player in terms of his offensive skills around the paint area. Plus, he's even one of the best stretch fives ever, and people don't even realize that, because in the NBA, for some reason, they didn't really let him shoot 3s all that much. I guess it was still that old school NBA mentality then, that bigs don't shoot 3s. But he's always been a very dangerous big to leave open on the perimeter as well. And his passing ability is also great. The NBA didn't really utilize Scola's passing ability either, but he's a really damn good passer also. Maybe not quite Sabonis, Divac, Jokic level, but right below that for a big man.

There is no comparison at all there offensively with Sengun and Scola. None. You are talking about really skilled big man (Sengun), versus all-time elite skilled in Scola.

Hot caca take but nothing new from you. Crazy to put a cap on a teenager's potential because you're more into nostalgia over facts.

Ya. To say that he is way less offensively gifted than Scola is pretty wild. This kid is 19 and has absolutely elite footwork for a rookie big. Its like poetry watching how every step he takes is deliberate and helps him get to his spots. He is super legit. Scola is an all time great, but there is no reason Sengun cant be at least as good as NBA Scola. I would wager better.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#1048 » by Ayt » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:02 pm

EvanZ wrote:Who are these smaller centers people keep talking about? Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, AD, Lopez, Nurkic...it's like people aren't actually watching the games.

Sengun is not going to be a starting center. Just stop it.

I think the same people saying Sengun is a center thought Marvin Bagley is a center. Nope.

He'll be a starting center his rookie year.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1049 » by Stillwater » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:11 pm

Ayt wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Who are these smaller centers people keep talking about? Jokic, Embiid, Gobert, AD, Lopez, Nurkic...it's like people aren't actually watching the games.

I think the same people saying Sengun is a center thought Marvin Bagley is a center. Nope.

remind you of anyone else that was crzy ? talks to the ball and peeps think his sister is his gf lol
Ayt
RealGM

Post#1050 » by Ayt » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:16 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Reminds me somewhat of a less athletic, weaker version of Tyler Hansbrough.

Just don't see that working in today's NBA.

Nailed it.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:24 am

Ayt wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Reminds me somewhat of a less athletic, weaker version of Tyler Hansbrough.

Just don't see that working in today's NBA.

Nailed it.

but Tyler didn't have this secret weapon lol
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#1052 » by K_chile22 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:24 am

Can't believe I'm saying this but at this point I miss people arguing about if he's 6'9 or 6'9 and 3/4s, this thread is awful
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1053 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:35 am

K_chile22 wrote:Can't believe I'm saying this but at this point I miss people arguing about if he's 6'9 or 6'9 and 3/4s, this thread is awful
lol
say goon ?
Ayt
RealGM

Post#1054 » by Ayt » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:53 am

Stillwater is apparently very concerned about the acne of someone that just turned 19. Weird.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1055 » by Stillwater » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:32 am

Ayt wrote:Stillwater is apparently very concerned about the acne of someone that just turned 19. Weird.

It's all good lol pizza the hut would be proud :lol: ...I couldn't care less tbh but it is funny as fk he got people coming to his defense about it as if it changes his nasty ass
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#1056 » by EvanZ » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:47 am

Ayt wrote:

You do realize this says nothing right? I mean Roby started at center for OKC last year and he's even smaller than Sengun. Houston is actively trying to lose games. I think we need to check back in 2-3 years and see how the experiment works.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Charm
Junior
And1: 257

Post#1057 » by Charm » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:14 am

EvanZ wrote:
Ayt wrote:

You do realize this says nothing right? I mean Roby started at center for OKC last year and he's even smaller than Sengun. Houston is actively trying to lose games. I think we need to check back in 2-3 years and see how the experiment works.

This moment, when Sengun is averaging 18 boards and 5 blocks per 40 (far beyond any other rookie in summer league), is a great moment to reconsider whether Sengun can play center :wink:
Ayt
RealGM

Post#1058 » by Ayt » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:06 am

EvanZ wrote:
Ayt wrote:

I see. So when you said he is not going to be a starting center, you didn't actually mean it.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#1059 » by DaddyCool19 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Ayt wrote:Stillwater is apparently very concerned about the acne of someone that just turned 19. Weird.

It's all good lol pizza the hut would be proud :lol: ...I couldn't care less tbh but it is funny as fk he got people coming to his defense about it as if it changes his nasty ass

You must be the second coming of James Dean, while being so insecure to make fun of the acne of a teenager
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1060 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:27 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

You must be the second coming of James Dean, while being so insecure to make fun of the acne of a teenager

lol that must be it... smh the derma tools in Houston are all fighting for the job to manage his skin for him

Return to NBA Draft