Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Ruzious, Marcus

Mirotic12
Analyst
Posts: 3,052
And1: 1,214
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#1 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 pm

I heard this on a draft show.

Aleksej Pokusevski NBA draft measurements:

Height without shoes = 7'0 1/4"

Height with shoes = 7'1 1/2"

Wingspan = 7'5"

Standing reach = 9'4"

Weight = 211 pounds
User avatar
OGLife
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,319
And1: 12,883
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
   

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#2 » by OGLife » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:52 pm

I have him at 3 on my big board. He's essentially a 5 star recruit that you get to develop for 2-3 years.
Fischella
RealGM
Posts: 14,553
And1: 3,400
Joined: Feb 11, 2012

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#3 » by Fischella » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:03 pm

This has been known for months now, he is 7'2 in shoes
Catchall
RealGM
Posts: 12,549
And1: 5,249
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#4 » by Catchall » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:32 pm

So when he gains another 10-15 lbs, he'll be about the same as Anzejs Pasecniks.
BlazersBroncos
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,309
And1: 3,074
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#5 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:51 pm

So when he gains another 10-15 lbs, he'll be about the same as Anzejs Pasecniks.


Ya, in terms of measurements. But, while he isnt an explosive athlete Poku has special movement skills for his size. His coordination and agility is pretty nuts. He some crazy potential. Big, big risk. But his size, movement and pretty rare set of skills is unique in this draft.
User avatar
OGLife
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,319
And1: 12,883
Joined: Jan 29, 2015
   

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#6 » by OGLife » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Teams better not move Poku to the 5. I'd try him at the 3 first
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,558
And1: 1,606
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#7 » by nolang1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 pm

OGLife wrote:I have him at 3 on my big board. He's essentially a 5 star recruit that you get to develop for 2-3 years.


He's just a few months older than #1 high school senior Chet Holmgren, who's 2 years from being draft eligible. Crazy to think what he could do against high school competition.
Mirotic12
Analyst
Posts: 3,052
And1: 1,214
Joined: Jun 29, 2014

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#8 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Fischella wrote:This has been known for months now, he is 7'2 in shoes


He measured at 7'1 1/2 in shoes. And the wingspan, standing height and weight were all updated. From 7-3 wingspan to 7-5 wingspan, from 9-3 standing reach to 9-4 standing reach.
Mickey8
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,874
And1: 1,239
Joined: Jan 21, 2017

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#9 » by Mickey8 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Whats the Daft NBA Show, which network,channel etc.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 44,806
And1: 50,200
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:58 pm

dude is the shortest 7-0 without shoes I've ever seen.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,287
And1: 3,334
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:53 pm

With that length good luck defending his jump shot. Imo starting to get kd light vibes as far as potential stretching the floor and hes got some ball handling thats at least pretty good if not very good for a player that big. Hes really not a 5 w that weight ever though imo just a long forward.
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
User avatar
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
Posts: 9,508
And1: 1,701
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: New Zealand
 

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#12 » by Grits n Gravy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:04 am

Sweet baby Jesus - I just watched a couple of highlights of him and my god he's impressive. Crazy agility for his size and his passing instincts are amazing.

I agree he certainly doesn't look anywhere near those measurements. Looks closer to 6'10 than 7'2.
nolang1
Analyst
Posts: 3,558
And1: 1,606
Joined: Aug 03, 2012

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#13 » by nolang1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:16 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:Sweet baby Jesus - I just watched a couple of highlights of him and my god he's impressive. Crazy agility for his size and his passing instincts are amazing.

I agree he certainly doesn't look anywhere near those measurements. Looks closer to 6'10 than 7'2.


Well he's played about 50 total minutes of game action since this time last year, so the vast majority (if not all) of the highlights you saw were from when he was 17 or younger. It's not exactly uncommon for people to still be growing at that age.
User avatar
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
Posts: 9,508
And1: 1,701
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: New Zealand
 

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#14 » by Grits n Gravy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:19 am

nolang1 wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:Sweet baby Jesus - I just watched a couple of highlights of him and my god he's impressive. Crazy agility for his size and his passing instincts are amazing.

I agree he certainly doesn't look anywhere near those measurements. Looks closer to 6'10 than 7'2.


Well he's played about 50 total minutes of game action since this time last year, so the vast majority (if not all) of the highlights you saw were from when he was 17 or younger. It's not exactly uncommon for people to still be growing at that age.

Yeah your probably right. If he is that size and kept the fluidity I saw in those clips and combine it with the passing and some shooting ability, yikes what a prospect.
BlazersBroncos
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,309
And1: 3,074
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#15 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:07 am

IDK why people are debating if he is a SF or a C, he is a PF. A pure PF.
Stillwater
RealGM
Posts: 13,287
And1: 3,334
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:15 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:IDK why people are debating if he is a SF or a C, he is a PF. A pure PF.

Hes probably defending 4s mostly but he can easily get stops against 3s thats why.
I mean if you think hes going to dom the glass and the elbow i dont agree. Hes strictly a perimeter player for now with 211lbs of skin and bones
Thanks to isolation and becoming one with the darkness of self I have
now harnessed a semi- permanent hypnagogic state of consciousness
where the painted dream of the wayward soul is false reality bliss-
There's Mud in the moonshine- Stillwater
Catchall
RealGM
Posts: 12,549
And1: 5,249
Joined: Jul 06, 2008
     

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#17 » by Catchall » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:45 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:Sweet baby Jesus - I just watched a couple of highlights of him and my god he's impressive. Crazy agility for his size and his passing instincts are amazing.

I agree he certainly doesn't look anywhere near those measurements. Looks closer to 6'10 than 7'2.


Well he's played about 50 total minutes of game action since this time last year, so the vast majority (if not all) of the highlights you saw were from when he was 17 or younger. It's not exactly uncommon for people to still be growing at that age.

Yeah your probably right. If he is that size and kept the fluidity I saw in those clips and combine it with the passing and some shooting ability, yikes what a prospect.


He'd be like a 7-ft. Chandler Parsons. He needs another 15 lbs probably.
User avatar
shotsquatch
Junior
Posts: 275
And1: 347
Joined: Oct 02, 2020
   

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#18 » by shotsquatch » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:58 am

:o

Why aren't people talking about this kid more? The way he moves reminds me of KD. I don't think I've ever seen a legit seven-footer run and handle so smooth. Great passer too. Goddam!
PhilLeotardo
Junior
Posts: 286
And1: 182
Joined: Sep 23, 2020
 

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#19 » by PhilLeotardo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:37 am

Old news. We’ve known this for a few months now. He was all over his YouTube account bragging about it

He’s pretty arrogant/confident too, wants to be a major force in the NBA & is confident in his ability. Folks were implying that he might get stashed in Europe, and he essentially stated that his family wouldn’t accept that, and he wants to contribute immediately on whatever team he winds up on

His comparison has always been a homeless persons white Durant. He has inhuman measurements mixed with next level hand eye coordination & ball handling skills. He has a beautiful jumper just like KD did, and watching him crossover & ball fake defenders just doesn’t look natural. He’s the definition of a freak

However, we’ve never seen someone with such extreme measurements not succumb to injury, nor even come close to having any sort of sustained success in the league. The frenetic pace & brutal grind of the NBA is just too rigorous on an otherworldly frame like Poku’s

Still though, you always wonder if one guy will be the first, and his ability to play basketball at that size isn’t really something we’ve seen before

Definitely think he has the highest ceiling in the draft, followed by Vassell & Pat Will, and then maybe Lewis & Hali behind those two

Hoping Chicago take Pat Will @4, and then snag another lower first & nab Poku
PhilLeotardo
Junior
Posts: 286
And1: 182
Joined: Sep 23, 2020
 

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski's NBA Draft Measurements 

Post#20 » by PhilLeotardo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:45 am

shotsquatch wrote::o

Why aren't people talking about this kid more? The way he moves reminds me of KD. I don't think I've ever seen a legit seven-footer run and handle so smooth. Great passer too. Goddam!


Everyone is still talking about him, just not as much as they were a few months ago. We haven’t seen any of these kids play in forever, and he’s the single youngest player in this draft (which is insane; at the rate he’s growing, he is liable to be 7’4 by the time he is 21)

Most people just don’t think it’ll work, because let’s face it: we’ve never ever seen someone with his measurements + his slight of frame succeed in the nba. They 100% always break down, if they’re able to get on the floor at all

However, he is special. KD is right, they are so similar, and it’s who he models his game after

We’ll see. He’s the highest ceiling player in the draft imo

Return to NBA Draft