Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Orlando Robinson - Fresno St. 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Good looks sir.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#3 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:06 am

33 piece tonight, with 13 rbs, 1 ast, 2 stls, 2 blks, 12-16 from the field
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#4 » by GimmeDat » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:48 am

Only checked him out the other week when I saw him on someone's board. I watched some highlights thinking 'what's the catch with this dude?'

I still need to watch some actual games of him but from what I've seen, and his statistical output so far... very impressive.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:20 pm

He's worse than last year stats-wise. He's scoring more, that's it. He was on my radar last year and I was expecting a jump, but it hasn't really happened. I think you're looking early second round at best. Not enough of a rim protector and certainly not a shooter to be a starting 5 imo. 9 dunks last year, only 2 this year. For a guy his size, that's atrocious.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#6 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:40 pm

EvanZ wrote:He's worse than last year stats-wise. He's scoring more, that's it. He was on my radar last year and I was expecting a jump, but it hasn't really happened. I think you're looking early second round at best. Not enough of a rim protector and certainly not a shooter to be a starting 5 imo. 9 dunks last year, only 2 this year. For a guy his size, that's atrocious.

dunks? weird flex. he's shooting over 50% from the field this year on TWICE the volume, went from 25% from 3 to 50% from 3 this year so far, rebounding rate is considerably up on top of his scoring, and that's with Fresno' stupid schedule this year because of all the lockdowns and time off. they didn't play their 2nd game until a month after their first game, and then hit 4 games in the last week on a road trip.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:30 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:He's worse than last year stats-wise. He's scoring more, that's it. He was on my radar last year and I was expecting a jump, but it hasn't really happened. I think you're looking early second round at best. Not enough of a rim protector and certainly not a shooter to be a starting 5 imo. 9 dunks last year, only 2 this year. For a guy his size, that's atrocious.

dunks? weird flex. he's shooting over 50% from the field this year on TWICE the volume, went from 25% from 3 to 50% from 3 this year so far, rebounding rate is considerably up on top of his scoring, and that's with Fresno' stupid schedule this year because of all the lockdowns and time off. they didn't play their 2nd game until a month after their first game, and then hit 4 games in the last week on a road trip.

Why is citing lack of dunks a weird flex? Curious.

Also LMAO at citing his 3%. He’s 3-6. You’re a clown man.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:46 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Why is citing lack of dunks a weird flex? Curious.

Also LMAO at citing his 3%. He’s 3-6. You’re a clown man.

yes, that's what I said "so far".

and trust me bruh, when you it comes to clowns you and Fisch have that on lock on this board. :lol:
clyde21
RealGM

Post#9 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter

dunks tho
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:00 pm

2 dunks. The guy lacks athleticism needed for that archetype. Also not a rim protector. Maybe he’s Kanter, dunno.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#11 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:05 pm

not sure how u can watch this guy and say he lacks athleticism but ok
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#12 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:12 pm

clyde21 wrote:not sure how u can watch this guy and say he lacks athleticism but ok

Why do you think he doesn’t dunk? Is he morally or aesthetically opposed to it? Just curious. Because I’ve never seen an athletic 7-footer that doesn’t want more easy shots.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#13 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:46 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:not sure how u can watch this guy and say he lacks athleticism but ok

Why do you think he doesn’t dunk? Is he morally or aesthetically opposed to it? Just curious. Because I’ve never seen an athletic 7-footer that doesn’t want more easy shots.

i really, really, really don't give two **** about how many dunks he has.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#14 » by EvanZ » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Clearly, but if you want to up your game you should think about it.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#15 » by clyde21 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 10:17 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

YOU tellin me that? mr Herro sucks because he has a short w/s? :lol:
jmnvcavs
Rookie
And1: 944

Post#16 » by jmnvcavs » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:17 pm

He hasn't faced any bigs so far this year.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#17 » by EvanZ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:09 am

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

YOU tellin me that? mr Herro sucks because he has a short w/s? :lol:

Uh no? I don’t recall saying he sucks simply because he has a short wingspan. He does have a short wingspan which all else being equal would make him a worse prospect than if he had a longer wingspan.

Unlike you I don’t pretend it doesn’t matter.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#18 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:54 am

another 23 piece tonight, with 14 boards, 2 asts, and 3 blocks, two 3s as well
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#19 » by EvanZ » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:16 am

clyde21 wrote:another 23 piece tonight, with 14 boards, 2 asts, and 3 blocks, two 3s as well

Gonna need a lot more nights like that. SJSU is terrible obviously.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#20 » by jman3134 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 pm

I am excited to see how this guy plays against better competition. It is tough to say whether dunks are indicative of anything because I have seen teams pack the paint against him. Spacing is different in the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft