Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Charm
Junior
And1: 257

Re: 2021 international class 

Post#121 » by Charm » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:06 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Charm wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Petrusev is better than all the guys you put ahead of him and he will prove that in NBA 8-)

He'll surprise people with how easily he scores in the NBA, but I don't think he'll end up being a great player. Reminds me of Kuzma.

Like Kuzma except a little better at everything - and bigger. I'm a big Petrusev fan.

Could be! I just don't think his ceiling is quite as interesting as the 4 guys I ranked above him. Can't stress enough that if I needed to pick a player in this draft to get buckets tomorrow, he'd be my first pick among frontcourt players and probably a top-5 pick overall.
Charm
Junior

Post#122 » by Charm » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:50 pm

Ok, who had Mega winning this series with Cazalon as their leading scorer? How high can his draft stock go, realistically?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,200

Post#123 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:34 pm

Cazalon is one of the most underrated guys in the whole class, not just international guys
Charm
Junior

Post#124 » by Charm » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:37 pm

clyde21 wrote:Cazalon is one of the most underrated guys in the whole class, not just international guys

I agree…shooting, passing, and finishing ability are all on the level of a lottery SG. All he’s lacking is consistency.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#125 » by remi_222 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:14 am

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,313

Post#126 » by DCasey91 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:15 pm

Filip is like a center sized Kuzma if he had a brain lol.

The Euro bigs this year look quite excellent to me

Sengun, Garuba, Filip, Prkacin are all highly draft-able and along with Giddey it’s definitely not a bad little international class.

Roko is weirdly interesting, super young, could be a very nice role-player in the NBA.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#127 » by OhCanada1091 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:45 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Yeah the last 2 guys I hadn't heard about until yesterday - both look really intriguing.

What jumps out at me about Garuba is 7'2" wingspan, really strong frame (NBA ready body on a 19 year old) and tenacious defender who really goes hard after rebounds, good timing with rebounds and blocks and is one of the better defenders in this class - he's just really freaking good on D and his shooting is coming along (31% from 3, not good but not bad for a 19 year old forward) and also a good passer but can't really do anything off the dribble..

I'll check out Santos..

Garuba's last measurements from his team had his wingspan at 7-3. But he is terrible at shooting. Anyone can watch him play a game and see how bad of a shooter he is. He's almost always left wide open by the other team, and he's often air balling wide open jump shots.

It can be fixed. Siakam was the same way, Toronto drafted him, started him and told him to shoot them even if he missed. He kept working on it and now he has a jumpshot (even if its inconsistent).
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,822

Post#128 » by UcanUwill » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:48 pm

OhCanada1091 wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Yeah the last 2 guys I hadn't heard about until yesterday - both look really intriguing.

What jumps out at me about Garuba is 7'2" wingspan, really strong frame (NBA ready body on a 19 year old) and tenacious defender who really goes hard after rebounds, good timing with rebounds and blocks and is one of the better defenders in this class - he's just really freaking good on D and his shooting is coming along (31% from 3, not good but not bad for a 19 year old forward) and also a good passer but can't really do anything off the dribble..

I'll check out Santos..

Garuba's last measurements from his team had his wingspan at 7-3. But he is terrible at shooting. Anyone can watch him play a game and see how bad of a shooter he is. He's almost always left wide open by the other team, and he's often air balling wide open jump shots.

It can be fixed. Siakam was the same way, Toronto drafted him, started him and told him to shoot them even if he missed. He kept working on it and now he has a jumpshot (even if its inconsistent).

Pascal first 2 years was an awful shooter, yes it is one skill that is usually learned with practice and time, very few young players can shoot that well to begin with, FT% is often good indicator of their shooting potential, I think Garuba and Sengun, Sengun especially, will be decent shooters in the future.
Charm
Junior

Post#129 » by Charm » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:52 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Filip is like a center sized Kuzma if he had a brain lol.

The Euro bigs this year look quite excellent to me

Sengun, Garuba, Filip, Prkacin are all highly draft-able and along with Giddey it’s definitely not a bad little international class.

Roko is weirdly interesting, super young, could be a very nice role-player in the NBA.

I'm not the biggest Hukporti fan, but even he had some pretty impressive games toward the end of the season. Wouldn't mind him at all as a stash pick somewhere in the second round.
Charm
Junior

Post#130 » by Charm » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:42 pm

Cazalon is rising 5 spots on my board every game lol.
Charm
Junior

Post#131 » by Charm » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:30 pm

I know it's not gonna happen, but if Mega actually wins the championship, how high does Cazalon get drafted? Lottery?

It's been...*checks notes*...48 years since a team other than Partizan or Red Star won??
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,161

Post#132 » by Hal14 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Charm wrote:I know it's not gonna happen, but if Mega actually wins the championship, how high does Cazalon get drafted? Lottery?

It's been...*checks notes*...48 years since a team other than Partizan or Red Star won??

Ok, I'm just checking out some Cazalon vids for the first time. I'm impressed. The first 3 words that come to mind = smooth as butter.

He's silky smooth, especially his shot. Smooth release, picture perfect form. Shooting 40.7% from 3 on the season.

Only averaging 8 points a game on the season but averaging 17 points a game over his last 5.

Defensively, seems like he's average. Gets beat off the dribble sometimes by quicker guards but also makes some nice steals off the ball by jumping passing lanes with good anticipation and also holds his own when he has to switch onto defending bigs down low.

+ athleticism/leaping (35" vertical) and a + wingspan of 6'10".5

Kispert is projected to go anywhere in the 10-20 range. What makes him a better prospect than Cazalon?

Kispert shot 44% from 3 compared to 41% for Cazalon but a) Cazalon is facing tougher competion b) Kispert played with a PG who's a top 3 pick and c) Cazalon is 3 years younger

I'm also seeing that Cazalon is a better defender, much more atheltic, a step quicker. Kispert has 1 inch and 34 lbs on Cazalon, but Kispoert also projects as a SF whereas Cazlon projects as a SG...relative to their position, they're both average size. Kispert with the added muscle, sure he is better equipped to handle the pounding of an NBA schedule today, but a) Cazlon is lighter but that allows him to be quicker and b) Cazlon is 3 years younger so certainly time to add strength

I suppose it's a case where if you are a team closer to contending for a title, I'd probably take the more finished product, Kispert. If you can afford to wait, be patient and get the guy with the higher ceiling, pick Cazalon.

Cazalon of reminds me of Aaron Nesmith. Last year when he was drafted he was a raw, still developing 20 year old kid but deadly shooting with great form. Good but not great defender. Good athleticism and wingspan, 6'6". Also decent ability to attack off the dribble. Obviously the big difference is that Nesmith averaged 23 PPG in college, Kispert averaged 18 PPG his last year of college, and only 8 PPG for Cazalon - which is why you might be more conservative with where you draft Cazalon..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Charm
Junior

Post#133 » by Charm » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:00 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Charm wrote:I know it's not gonna happen, but if Mega actually wins the championship, how high does Cazalon get drafted? Lottery?

Ok, I'm just checking out some Cazalon vids for the first time. I'm impressed. The first 3 words that come to mind = smooth as butter.

He's silky smooth, especially his shot. Smooth release, picture perfect form. Shooting 40.7% from 3 on the season.

Only averaging 8 points a game on the season but averaging 17 points a game over his last 5.

Defensively, seems like he's average. Gets beat off the dribble sometimes by quicker guards but also makes some nice steals off the ball by jumping passing lanes with good anticipation and also holds his own when he has to switch onto defending bigs down low.

+ athleticism/leaping (35" vertical) and a + wingspan of 6'10".5

Kispert is projected to go anywhere in the 10-20 range. What makes him a better prospect than Cazalon?

Kispert shot 44% from 3 compared to 41% for Cazalon but a) Cazalon is facing tougher competion b) Kispert played with a PG who's a top 3 pick and c) Cazalon is 3 years younger

I'm also seeing that Cazalon is a better defender, much more atheltic, a step quicker. Kispert has 1 inch and 34 lbs on Cazalon, but Kispoert also projects as a SF whereas Cazlon projects as a SG...relative to their position, they're both average size. Kispert with the added muscle, sure he is better equipped to handle the pounding of an NBA schedule today, but a) Cazlon is lighter but that allows him to be quicker and b) Cazlon is 3 years younger so certainly time to add strength

I suppose it's a case where if you are a team closer to contending for a title, I'd probably take the more finished product, Kispert. If you can afford to wait, be patient and get the guy with the higher ceiling, pick Cazalon.

Cazalon of reminds me of Aaron Nesmith. Last year when he was drafted he was a raw, still developing 20 year old kid but deadly shooting with great form. Good but not great defender. Good athleticism and wingspan, 6'6". Also decent ability to attack off the dribble. Obviously the big difference is that Nesmith averaged 23 PPG in college, Kispert averaged 18 PPG his last year of college, and only 8 PPG for Cazalon - which is why you might be more conservative with where you draft Cazalon..

The lottery guy I'd compare him to is Keon. Both have elite physical tools for a guard, Keon a touch more bounce, Cazalon a touch more size/length. But Cazalon's skills are way more advanced than Keon's...he's obviously a better shooter, arguably a smoother ballhandler and a better passer.

His only issue (and it's a significant issue) is that he's been inconsistent and has a reputation as a bit of a headcase. But if you're drafting outside of the lottery and you're looking for ceiling rather than an instant roleplayer, Cazalon's gotta be among the best options on the table.

And if he actually helps Mega to a championship over Red Star, that's huge. Even Jokic (also playing for Mega) got swept by Red Star twice in the Serbian League playoffs. Someone who's more familiar with Euro basketball than me could probably do a better job describing what an upset it'd be.

Return to NBA Draft