Keegan Murray

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

SeattleJazzFan
Starter
And1: 1,102

Re: Keegan Murray 

Post#41 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:38 pm

elite production guys from major conferences (euros fall here as well) seem to find a way to make it work in the league even if there are things about their game we can pick apart - the exception might be big lumbering big men or really small guards - iow, guys whose bodies simply aren't nba fits.

how good murray will be, nobody knows, but he'll figure it out and be a productive rotation guy in the league at worst. and because of that, he's a guy you take in the top 14. but as a jazz fan, i hope like hell enough nba gms are stupid enough to let him slip and they can trade into the last part of the 1st round and grab him.

also, cpn crunch, i guess the hot streak comment didn't age too well. fact is, dude gets it done.
Goldbum
Veteran
And1: 287

Post#42 » by Goldbum » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:04 am

If Portland picks up a 2nd first round pick(we will be in the lottery) this is my guy. I know I'll get blasted for this but I see some poor man's Jason Tatum in his game.
I'm a stranger in a strange land.
If you ever see a 6'8" white dude running around SLC with a big Blazers tattoo on his right arm... Say whats up.
The-Power
Head Coach
And1: 6,322

Post#43 » by The-Power » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:46 am

Goldbum wrote:If Portland picks up a 2nd first round pick(we will be in the lottery) this is my guy. I know I'll get blasted for this but I see some poor man's Jason Tatum in his game.

A second first? You mean a second one in the lottery? Because that's where he'll go unless a lot of teams screw up. Tatum is a lot more of a jump shooter (and had more advanced handles to create for himself), whereas Murray likes to operate closer to the basket even though I believe he'll be a reliable shooter at various distances in the NBA.

With players like him, people often ask ‘what's his elite skill?’. And while it's not the traditional answer, I will say that Murray's touch around the basket – with either hand and through contact – is ridiculously good. Also, that crunch-time defensive possession against Minnesota where he ended up with a block demonstrates his upside as a switch-defender in the NBA. That's important because he'll need to be a good defender considering that his path to becoming a high-end – and not just very useful – offensive player seems somewhat blocked by his limited playmaking instincts in college.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 8,303

Post#44 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Yesterday 6:43 am

Probably should take 2 lottery picks just for a chance to draft one Keegan Murray with how this mans is playing in the NCAA these days.

With a record adjusted for fake wins/losses we are 16-12.
Goldbum
Veteran
And1: 287

Post#45 » by Goldbum » Yesterday 10:17 pm

Yeah I really like the kid, I think his range is in the teens and I'm hoping Portland's pick is top 5. So we would need to acquire a second mod first to acquire him (Rumors are RoCo is going to return a 1st and an expiring).
I'm a stranger in a strange land.
If you ever see a 6'8" white dude running around SLC with a big Blazers tattoo on his right arm... Say whats up.
jezzerinho
Senior
And1: 337

Post#46 » by jezzerinho » Yesterday 10:25 pm

He really needs to be watched against credible opposition in multiple games before his draft range is set.
BlazersBroncos
Head Coach
And1: 5,166

Post#47 » by BlazersBroncos » Today 12:07 am

Get some TJ Warren vibes from him.

I like alot of his game but that 1.1 APG is pretty concerning given his usage, even if Iowa isnt a team with a ton of talent to pass to.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 61,619

Post#48 » by clyde21 » Today 12:30 am

just a nightmare eval imo, doesn't have really any elite traits or an outlier toolset, senior aged, but the production and efficiency are bonkers and does a lot of things at at least a passable level.

this guy could be Brandon Clarke, where he'll be serviceable in some capacity but high end and consistent production is capped, or just hits the NBA running and turns into a legitimate starter quickly.

i think both paths are equally likely and I might prefer to go someone younger with a higher potential ceiling in the lotto even tho it'd be riskier.
#VivaPalestina#VivaColumbia#VivaNaija
EMG518
Starter
And1: 712

Post#49 » by EMG518 » Today 3:40 am

I personally love the idea of playing him at the 5 for smaller lineups and believe you can move him anywhere in the lineup depending on the matchup. I think he will be extremely versatile once in the league. I'm in on the guy. Definitely top 10 for me.

Return to NBA Draft