Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Re: Keegan Murray 

Post#81 » by MemphisX » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:58 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:What a guy scores in college matters about as much as what players score in the G League.

huh? every one of the NBAs leading scorers (the ones who played college ball) were excellent scorers in college. any idiot understands it doesn't mean everything or translate for all great college scorers, but if you couldn't score in college, chances are you aren't scoring in the nba against better athletes.

Russell Westbrook and Bradley Beal destroy your statement.

Zach Lavine too.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#82 » by The-Power » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:16 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:What a guy scores in college matters about as much as what players score in the G League.

huh? every one of the NBAs leading scorers (the ones who played college ball) were excellent scorers in college. any idiot understands it doesn't mean everything or translate for all great college scorers, but if you couldn't score in college, chances are you aren't scoring in the nba against better athletes.

Beal was a pretty good scorer for a Freshman.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#83 » by SeattleJazzFan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:43 pm

MemphisX wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:

Zach Lavine too.

Lavine has always been a scorer - one of the great scorers in Washington HS history. Sure he didn’t put up numbers at UCLA because he was just a frosh and that wasn’t his role. As far as Russ, he’s not one of the top scorers in the league. Beal was a very good scorer at Florida for a freshman.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,682

Post#84 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:16 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

Zach Lavine too.

Lavine has always been a scorer - one of the great scorers in Washington HS history. Sure he didn’t put up numbers at UCLA because he was just a frosh and that wasn’t his role. As far as Russ, he’s not one of the top scorers in the league. Beal was a very good scorer at Florida for a freshman.

Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George...
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Post#85 » by MemphisX » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:42 am

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
MemphisX wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

Zach Lavine too.

Bruh, damn near everyone in the NBA was a great scorer in High School.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
The-Power
General Manager

Post#86 » by The-Power » Tue Mar 1, 2022 10:06 am

26 PTS, 18 REB (4 OREB), 3 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK, 1 TOV. 9-16 FG, 2-4 3P, 6-8 FT. 31 Minutes. Continued excellence.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,462

Post#87 » by Nuntius » Tue Mar 1, 2022 12:22 pm

Maybe it's the yellow jersey or his shooting form but he does remind me of Danny Granger. I loved Danny Granger.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
jangles86
Starter
And1: 939

Post#88 » by jangles86 » Wed Mar 2, 2022 1:33 am

Stud. Working his way right into top 5 considerations.

The mix of offence and defence is going to be looked at kindly by any team in the lottery.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,417

Post#89 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Mar 2, 2022 9:36 am

38.4 PER, and there's still room to grow in terms of efficiency from the line and from three for sure. Obviously stuff like getting almost equivalent Oboards to missed FG and more steals and blocks than turnovers (by 3x) is pretty impressive stuff.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Mar 2, 2022 5:17 pm

jangles86 wrote:Stud. Working his way right into top 5 considerations.

The mix of offence and defence is going to be looked at kindly by any team in the lottery.

already there for me. in fact, i have him at 4 right now and would consider him above banchero at 3. 40% from three on nearly 5 attempts in 17 big ten games is a nice sample - that's no joke in terms of projecting him as a shooter - in addition to all the other ways he can get buckets.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#91 » by The-Power » Fri Mar 4, 2022 10:50 am

Is it only me or does his passing look improved over the past couple of games?
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Mar 4, 2022 3:11 pm

The-Power wrote:Is it only me or does his passing look improved over the past couple of games?

i don't know if it's improved (not saying it isn't as it may very well be), but he's definitely a willing passer and a very unselfish player who for a guy who gets 23-24 ppg, lets the game come to him.

4-4 from three last night has him sitting at 43% 3pt in conference play. so good. so consistent.

gonna be fun next year to see what Kris can do as the alpha on the team, though if i were drafting at the end of the first this year i'd probably take him if he were to put his name in.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#93 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 4, 2022 4:23 pm

SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Mar 4, 2022 6:08 pm

Chi town wrote:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401364472

Murray Bros Balled Out lastnight.

i've said it before, but other than Kris being left handed and in spite of a huge gap in production, i think their skillset, size, bball iq, effort and athleticism are pretty identical (see what i did there).

Keegan has been incredibly consistent and is more polished (perhaps simply due to being the #1 option all year) at the his point in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kris be at least a 1st team all big ten type guy and mid-first selection in 23 if he stays.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#95 » by reanimator » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:44 pm

Give me him over the Duke forwards. Age be damned.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#96 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:46 pm

CptCrunch wrote:A senior aged sophomore on a hot streak.

A late first rounder in the best case.

Yes this first round projection is only based on him making a massive leap from freshman year to sophomore year.

Massive overreactions to a hot streak against inferior competition?

Oh did I mention that he is one of those, ummm, that t-word...tweener that we all hate to see?

I'm really not a fan. I'll go for one of those 18/19 year old if drafting before pick 20 for potential/upside. See Michael Foster.

Hey CptCrunch do you still have Foster ahead of Murray?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#97 » by CptCrunch » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:47 pm

EvanZ wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:A senior aged sophomore on a hot streak.

A late first rounder in the best case.

Yes this first round projection is only based on him making a massive leap from freshman year to sophomore year.

Massive overreactions to a hot streak against inferior competition?

Oh did I mention that he is one of those, ummm, that t-word...tweener that we all hate to see?

I'm really not a fan. I'll go for one of those 18/19 year old if drafting before pick 20 for potential/upside. See Michael Foster.

Hey CptCrunch do you still have Foster ahead of Murray?

No, Foster has turned out to be garbo. Murray is good, but overrated still. Foster is not draftable in the first round currently.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:17 am

26 and 8 in 21 minutes today for Murray. not a bad bounce back from one his worst games of the season.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,258

Post#99 » by SNPA » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:40 am

I saw this play and I saw, a slightly larger, Danny Granger.

Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWgICs0eyXwNkpAAAA
ensergiog
Sophomore
And1: 279

Post#100 » by ensergiog » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Im a believer now

Sent from my SM-G9650 using RealGM mobile app

Return to NBA Draft