Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

djw
Junior
And1: 605

Oscar da Silva 

Post#1 » by djw » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:32 pm

Hey folks,

I'm trying to get an idea on the draft chances of Standfor Senior Oscar da Silva. According to the stats he's having a stellar season with approx. 19/7/3 on 58/37/77 shooting splits along with 1 block and steal per game.

Unfortunately, I don't really get to see him play all that much. What is you guys impression on his play as well as on his draft stock?

I actually do think he has a good chance at the NBA, especially with scouts likely following the Cardinas closer due to Zaire Williams. Also he's a hard working and smart guy who could carve out a nice role on the next level.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Oscar da Silva 

Post#2 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:47 pm

He is not going to get drafted, I like him but guys like him never do and his 3pt volume is still too low, he also isn't really a guy who hunts his own points much

I liked him in FIBA and followed him as a frosh, I think ultimately if he is up for it he will make more money in Europe and have more stability with his german passport, we will see, he is not as athletic/big but his role at the next level should be similar to Kleber's
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Oscar da Silva 

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 2:11 pm

Helluva college player. I think he'll be a 2nd rounder. He seems to go inside for most of his scoring, and he's got to be more of a 3 point shooter if he's going to make it in the NBA. He's not going to be able to make most of those dribble drives to the hoop against NBA athletes. Delaire seems like a more talented player - but lacks the skills at this point.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to NBA Draft