If Minnesota keeps its pick.....

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Re: If Minnesota keeps its pick..... 

Post#41 » by 916fan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:03 am

Klomp wrote:At some point, they have to start putting a team together, so fit does matter. It shouldn't be the end-all, be-all, but it is important. Players have to fit not only with each orher, but also with schemes.

If you're a bad team in the NBA, you can't worry about fit. I think the Luka Doncic and DeAaron Fox situation should be a lesson to everyone.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#42 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:51 am

916fan wrote:
Klomp wrote:At some point, they have to start putting a team together, so fit does matter. It shouldn't be the end-all, be-all, but it is important. Players have to fit not only with each orher, but also with schemes.

If you're a bad team in the NBA, you can't worry about fit. I think the Luka Doncic and DeAaron Fox situation should be a lesson to everyone.

I'd argue the Derrick Williams situation showed the opposite.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#43 » by 916fan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:08 am

Klomp wrote:
916fan wrote:

How so? Which player fit better, but they decided to pass on him for? Williams was just a bust on his own right. The rest of that top 10 draft went: Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Valanciunas, Velsey, Biyombo, Knight, Walker, and Fredette. That list is pretty uninspiring.

Would you guys have drafted a PG in Knight, Walker, or Jimmer? Weren't you guys waiting on Rubio?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#44 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:15 am

916fan wrote:
Klomp wrote:
916fan wrote:If you're a bad team in the NBA, you can't worry about fit. I think the Luka Doncic and DeAaron Fox situation should be a lesson to everyone.

How so? Which player fit better, but they decided to pass on him for? Williams was just a bust on his own right. The rest of that top 10 draft went: Kanter, Tristan Thompson, Valanciunas, Velsey, Biyombo, Knight, Walker, and Fredette. That list is pretty uninspiring.

Would you guys have drafted a PG in Knight, Walker, or Jimmer? Weren't you guys waiting on Rubio?

Most of those centers would've been upgrades over the C rotation Minnesota had entering 2011. That was also the Klay Thompson draft, who had a lot of fans locally.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to NBA Draft